SCS support for BG:EE

DavidW

Just a quick notice to say:

- there will be a version of SCS for BG:EE (ETA about a month)

- until then, I'm not really going to support people trying to get the existing version to work for BG:EE. (I mean, be my guest, but I'm unlikely to be actively helpful.) It's too complicated and I'd rather just wait until the actually-updated version is out.

Looking forward to it - I've been off playing other games for a while, but the EE has re-stoked my interest in BG again and SCS is a necessity.

David, are you planning to implement SCS for the Black Pits as well, or is the initial objective just to get it working on the main game?

Looking forward to it - I've been off playing other games for a while, but the EE has re-stoked my interest in BG again and SCS is a necessity.

David, are you planning to implement SCS for the Black Pits as well, or is the initial objective just to get it working on the main game?

Just for the main game. I haven't played Black Pits, won't have a chance for quite a while, and don't want to spoil it for myself by hacking it before trying it.

While I miss a good amount of SCS features, the one I'm having trouble without by far is the inability to send NPCs to inns. I know you said you want to avoid duct-taping the existing version of SCS to the Enhanced Edition, but this seems like a small tweak. Would this be compatible as it stands now?

Assuming a little here... but:

While I miss a good amount of SCS features, the one I'm having trouble without by far is the inability to send NPCs to inns. I know you said you want to avoid duct-taping the existing version of SCS to the Enhanced Edition, but this seems like a small tweak. Would this be compatible as it stands now?
No, the weidu.exe first needs an update... that's the short version...

The long is that as of now, you need to do a lot of soul searching to get the actual files and then getting the variables etc... it's a nightmare, as said, DavidW won't be bothered to botch your games as of yet, with an overwriter mod.

This has been the best news since the announcment of BG:EE.

The game is awesome, but the not so smart mages and priests make me sad - too easy to counter them. Can't wait for the release.

Thank you for your time and energy you have put / will put into it, you are appreciated.

Serial Disappearer

Hi, just wondering what the ETA was for this? I'm holding off on playing until this mod is released! Thanks

man...same is for me! Can't wait to get my hands on this mod so I can finally play Baldur's Gate the way it's supposed to be!!!

Archived