#1 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 631 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

Hi,

Even if i read in IWD Tweak Pack Readme:

Version 7 - August 10, 2007

• Fixed major bug with Assorted Fixes in that they were causing game crashes; first encounter with the bug is usually in the fourth level of Dragon's Eye

I still get crash immediately when entering DE level 4. Any clue how to discover what is the cause?

weidu:

Spoiler

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7548 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:43 AM

I also encountered the crash (to a black screen, not a real CTD) on the 4th level on my last modded install. It was the reaon that I stopped my playthrough, as I tried some things but couldn't figure it out. Here is my original bug report with my weidu log here(it's German): http://kerzenburg.ba...ead.php?t=42767

None of what I found with the search helped me in any case, as it all reported fixes that are no longer necessary for the current mod versions.
CamDawgs suggestion for faulty code in IWDFixpack is no longer included in the mod.
Redrake's suggestions for his Fixpack was of no use, as those files aren't in my override.
"some component of DaleTweaks" was too unspecific to be of help.

I tried deactivating (removing from the override) all creatures in the area, and also removing AR4004.are from the override, but it didn't change anything which could be because of the biffing. I didn't check the files after de-biffing because I gave up on it and didn't take time to come back to it yet.

If anyone would know what causes the crash and how to fix it, that would be awesome.

#3 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 631 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

Well, I was using some one year old BWS + old iwdfixpack and old iwd_tweaks. I've imported my mod-selection from weidu.log in BWS, reinstall everything using newest mod version (fix for 1pp) and viola, that crash (to a black screen, not a real CTD) gone.

#4 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9763 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

Thanks for the link jastey--I was trying to remember what I had done to cause the crash. Basically I was trying to store some of the Eldathyn innates as non-level one spells in their creature files (which is pointless anyway) and that made the creature files all crashy.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

#5 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7548 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:00 PM

CamDawg: Yes, but that's no longer an issue with the current version? And it also wasn't for the version I have installed, although I could give it a try to install everything fresh.

Thank you ALIENQuake for the info and the link! Maybe I'll be lucky, too.

#6 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9763 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

Yes, that should be fixed.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

#7 konva

konva
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:34 PM

I tried to do some research using change-log tool, and still getting black screen immediately after entering into lvl 4 DE, Btw i have installed game recently with latest BWS ... about 2 weeks ago. Any ideas how to fix?

PS: that link to kerzenburg site is in german, and translation to english is bad for me, im from czech and there are some words untranslated.

#8 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7548 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:10 AM

konva: The German post states the same content as my post above, plus it gives my weidu.log - that is the reason why I linked to it. There is no further information in my German post. The rest of the thread is some philosophical discussion about how to debug such a crash in principle, but we didn't find a solution for the crash. Main suggestion was to de-biff the install and then work with the override files, deinstall mods and then test it, and to kick out party members before entering the area to see whether they might be the reason, but I lost interest and did not try any of these suggestions.

I would still be very interested in the solution for this crash, though, and if only to be able to provide a fix and make the world a better place.

#9 konva

konva
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:40 AM

Well, It simply needs area chreature checker tool from BG to IWD, unfortunately, it cant install into IWD, it works only with BG..

#10 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6831 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:07 AM

Well, It simply needs area chreature checker tool from BG to IWD, unfortunately, it cant install into IWD, it works only with BG..

Meaning this...

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#11 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7548 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:24 AM

I don't think this is a mere matter of installation, I fear the tool is game specific and the differences between BG2 and IWD are too great. It would be worth asking Miloch, though. (I moved on to IWD:EE, where the crash hopefully won't occur.)

#12 konva

konva
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:37 AM

jastey: are there all of existing mods? Is in EE something new?

#13 konva

konva
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:37 AM

Meaning this...

I have that tool, but as I said, it works only for BG 2

#14 konva

konva
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:37 AM

Hi again, I tried to not to install generalized biffing, but still got crash..

#15 Mephisto

Mephisto
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:11 AM

Hi

I have the same problem. My game crash at the 3 level of dragon`s eye when i want to go to the 4 level.

Is there now a fix or something?

Thanks for help

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users