Creating new items for BG(2) EE in DLTCEP - problems with item's name and description.

Alexander12

Hello, i need advice how to solve a problem with item's name and description in DLTCEP (EE-games).

First, i can't see the proper name or description even for original items in DLTCEP. Only invalid reference.

Second, when i create my own item in dltcep, place it in override - i can use it in game, but it has no proper name or description.

In BGT everything was fine. EE-games don't give dltcep an access to dialog.tlk?

Is there any way to solve this problem? Or i have to use weidu to create items for ee-games?

I have an attachment to dLTCEP and know nothing about weidu.(

post-8461-0-99465100-1425766088_thumb.jpg

post-8461-0-27169500-1425766855_thumb.jpg

EE-games don't give dltcep an access to dialog.tlk?

Yeah, because it's in a different directory. Which DLTCEP are you using, and have you used weidu option to declare the dialog.tlk's location ?

You can go and take the file from the lang folder and put it to the game install folder(where you find the chitin.key -file) and kinda solve the issue that way, but you have to remember to copy it back if you intent to see the changes in game after the file is modified. Ouh, and make sure the install folder is not mirrored by either Windows or Virus protection sandbox.

"Yeah, because it's in a different directory. Which DLTCEP are you using, and have you used weidu.exe to declare the dialog.tlk's location ?"

No, you use dltcep's weidu options to set the language path. This is independent of weidu. All you need is a fairly recent DLTCEP and a game with lang directory (like the EEs).

Archived