I typed up a whole post only to have the forum log me out and erase it lol, so long post short: PST is freezing so hard I have to reboot with the physical power button, but it only occasionally freezes. The background flickers during loading screens and will then freeze. I can't find any working solutions, despite numerous others having similar issues, but the Widescreen Mod seems to be the common culprit.
Here's some random info that's hopefully useful:
- Running the game in 1920x1080, with Nvidia GeForce GT 720, on Windows 10 64x OS.
- Nvidia settings I'm using are here.
- Also using PST Tweaks, PST Fixes, GhostDog's UI, and Unfinished Business.
- Torment.exe is running as admin.
- Mod setups were not.
- Compatibility settings for torment.exe were tested but unsuccessful.
- The game is installed on a secondary hard drive in a manually-created Program Files (x86) (E:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\ Planescape - Torment).
Does anyone know how I can fix this? I'd like to avoid doing a fresh install on the game and losing my saves.