Our website needs an enchanter's touch

lynx

Currently we use an ugly and boring theme for dokuwiki, which needs at minimum some recoloring to be more appealing. Adding (light) fantastic decor wouldn't hurt either, but that's a lower priority.

So if you're willing to donate some spare time, know that CSS does not refer to Counter strike and know CSS basics, please respond!

Definitely! :cool:

Are you familiar with dokuwiki? I think it will be easiest for you to install it somewhere and play with that - there's plenty of docs on dokuwiki.org . Our current theme is Slaad if you want to start from where we are now.

Tell me if you need anything.

design goal: appealing to the fantasy loving crowd, yet not too baroque to scare anyone away. :cool: This doesn't mean it can't be a very clean, streamlined, KISS design.

you can find our logos and some art in the repo:

http://gemrb.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitwe...42c7740;hb=HEAD

(the logo should definitely be visible somewhere atleast on the main page if not all - now it is only in the favicon)

wow! Dragons ftw, but do you have the author's permission to use those pics? :S

I think the pagename placeholder (for eg. «start») in the theme can go away, as it just wastes vertical space. The info is repeated in the title and breadcrumb, while being usually apparent from the content. This is now more obvious, since the header is a bigger and less crammed.

The logo is not in a good place due to bad contrast. A different place or background would help, but we could also just create one appropriate for dark settings by giving it an outline or some other separative element.

I think it would also look better if you tone down the red in the search box and borders, as it stands out now.

Archived