pepd

Greetings, i have no knowledge about modding and barely played BG, but am planning to play BGT in a year or so, and searching for a solution to the party limitation i found this http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27138

which is great, but my main problem with the party size limitation is because the dialogues, not the combat.

What i want essentially is to travel with everyone, for their story and dialogues. Is there a way to make the companions be treated as party members for dialogues, even if they are not there, or something like that?

Also, as i said i am an ignorant here, i want to use the 10 party members mod, but i want to use these too http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/the-ultimate-baldurs-gate-experience/ , are these compatible?

You don't want 40 party members, trust me. Even playing with 8 shows more micromanagement is needed and it wouldn't scale to 40 at all. More importantly, there's not enough space to display that many player portraits in most windows that have them and even the game window would need a resolution height of at least 4-5k pixels. Just not displaying them could cause all sorts of other problems.

The other option you mention sounds easier, but isn't, as far as I know. You'd have to further mod the mods first for the entourage to follow you around, not get stuck and initiate dialogs now and then. When it happened, you'd be overwhelmed with dialogs. Many combats would likely result in some of them dying and/or getting hostile ...

So let it go. You want to play a game, not spend months hacking on mods or gemrb.

You don't want 40 party members, trust me. Even playing with 8 shows more micromanagement is needed and it wouldn't scale to 40 at all. More importantly, there's not enough space to display that many player portraits in most windows that have them and even the game window would need a resolution height of at least 4-5k pixels.

Well, the 40 is a bad number, but say if you take the 36 characters, it has plenty of room, as that's larger than the original games small picture if you put them in a row ... as 2160/36 = 60, while the original had 58 pixels. And you could even up that if you wanted to... not that you would actually want to.

By setting the portraits in a two rows instead of the original one, as you have plenty of room on a higher 16x9 res(say 1920x1080), while the original game had 4x3 res(640x480). Say by setting the two 6-8 man rows.

Personality, who needs one in a 72 man army.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola