[FAQ] Welcome to GemRB

Avenger

Glad to hear that you are drawing more attention to this project by moving to a 'real' modding site :) I must admit, I only discovered GemRB by accident on sourceforge, so let's hope that increased awareness will also yield to increased activity. Maybe you might want to post a small announcement on other forums (FW, PPG) as well?

I guess, I am not the first one that asks this, but if you have it, a sticky here would be nice: Do you have a list of stuff that has already been implemented, is being worked on and especially a list of stuff, that needs to be done and for which you are searching volunteers?

From what I can tell, many of the benefits will be for mod makers rather than players. There are many things which are hard-coded into the engine which modders would like to be able to play around with, not to mention certain features that we'd love to have added to the game.

Guest avenger_at_work

Well, first, what is good for a modder, is good for the players (if they want to play new content).

Some of the features we already implemented: custom animations, custom character generation process, scripting actions (and generally any features) from engines could be mixed, this enables bgtutu/icewind gate 2 projects without problem.

It is even possible to create one single major world from all the engines and play them, actually in any style: 2nd ed (bg, iwd), 3rd ed (iwd2) or with a PST character.