BG2 Gavin Status Report

berelinde

I'm planning on releasing the SoA and ToB portions together, since they really can't be separated for the Neutral/evil PC romance or the Imoen romance to work out.

Don't be discouraged at the low level of progress to date. I've mostly been working on other things, which are now off my agenda.

BG2 Gavin Status Report

Categories:

NPC/NPC banters (25%)

Interjections

Friendship

Neutral/evil PC romance

Romance continued from BG1 (5%)

Romance begun in BG2

Imoen romance (80%)

NPC romance reactions

Quest

RE reactions

Epilogues

Voicing

Important dialogues:

Joining dialogue (100%)

"Personal drama" encounter (100%)

Temple encounter (75%)

Bodhi material

Leaving for Brynllaw

Tree of Life (100%)

Hell

Wraith spirit (100%)

Saradush

Pocketplane before the end

Epilogues

Amount that has to be completed before the first testing version appears (sorry folks, it will be friendship first):

Categories:

NPC/NPC banters (75%)

Interjections

Friendship

Imoen romance (20%)

Epilogues

Important dialogues:

Joining dialogue (0%)

"Personal drama" encounter (0%)

Temple encounter (25%)

Leaving for Brynllaw

Tree of Life (0%)

Hell

Saradush

Pocketplane before the end

Epilogues

I was wondering how things were progressing. Imoen romance though? But seeing you have it 80% complete, I guess you feel strongly about it. ;)

Heh. Yeah, but that might be because it's short. ;)

Some things are easier to write on lunch breaks than others.

I'm so so glad Gavin is coming along so nicely. I know how you work. You work yourself practically to death I think and I know we won't have to wait years to see him! At least I'm pretty sure we won't. Anyway, Imoen??? I seem to remember you mentioning that before and it sounds so sweet but I know I'LL never see it! Gavin is all mine! Mine mine mine! ;) He'd better be nice to my pc or else Immy may be in the PP when it implodes. ;)

Okay enough of my childish rant...thanks for the progress report berelinde!

I guess she's a natural second best after the PC, or something like that? Who knows. But Aklon hits on Aerie and Darien - on Mazzy, so there is some variety out there.

And don't forget Auren Aseph for a romance with Nalia! There is some nice variety, yes.

Somehow I don't see Gavin falling for Immy even tho I adore Immy. But berelinde knows what she's doing and is bound to make it work. I can't help but see her as a little sister to PC and Gavin.

Sorry for derail but have to say that you making Kivan work for a PC romance, Domi, you are a hero! ;) It is plausible and agonizing and sweet all at once. Nicely done! I have to finish my TOB with him to see how it ends but I had to reinstall everything (for the umpteenth time) and lost my game but for how it began I am sure it end well.

Don't worry about the derail where Kivan is involved. I'm more than willing to praise that mod on any forum. And you simply must complete the romance through ToB. It is *so* worth it!

But a little explanation about the puzzling order of the progress. I'm kind of wrapping up loose ends from BG1, so I'm working on the NPC storylines from BG1 into BG2 first. Gavin and Imoen have a friendship second only to his friendship with the PC. Don't worry about competition for Gavin's attention, though. The NPC romance is only available to a male PC who says he had Gavin in the party in BG1.

Next on deck is the friendship path. Checking back on the progress once a week or so is probably plenty. Even if I haven't been writing too much over the last six months, I have been thinking about the mod, and have reams of notes and dialogue drafts. Progress should be fairly rapid.

Don't worry about competition for Gavin's attention, though. The NPC romance is only available to a male PC who says he had Gavin in the party in BG1.

So Gavin isn't trying for a sister act, eh? ;)

You've got yourself a real mountain of work here Berelinde, good luck with it!

If this has been asked before, my apologies.

Is there any way to have Gavin, if I only have BGII and not BG?

This character sounds fun, but I only have SOA and TOB.

I don't call seeing a version of Gavin that wasnt' for BGT.

EDIT...

Just saw the "meet Gavin" thread. should have looked there first.

Archived