Ye gods! *puke*

Flarn

I was poking around where I shouldn't have and found some things I wish I had not seen. No, I did not do it myself, I just happened across it while fiddling with a utility.

I am not saying anything further. Instead I'm going to be over here in this corner rocking and crying. ;)

Great mod though. I have one lovetalk left, but I think I want to poke around in TotSC areas before getting to that one - so much delicious experience left to gather...

I'll have some suggestions which I will post in the requests section later.

In the meantime I'm going to go take some Advil. And some Gravol.

Flarn

Aren't you glad you didn't pick *that* dialogue option!

I bet I know what you found. If it's any consolation, you don't actually have to make him go through with it. He gives you many chances to change your mind.

After all, he never bluffs...

Aren't you glad you didn't pick *that* dialogue option!

I bet I know what you found. If it's any consolation, you don't actually have to make him go through with it. He gives you many chances to change your mind.

Please tell me the romance breaks if you do that. *shudder*

Flarn

It can, because it causes his offense count to rise, but that depends on how far the PC pushed him before it gets to this point. He knows her trust is worth more than what he loses.

If the PC demands a security against his promise to marry her, he knows that he has lost her if he doesn't deliver. Everything else heals, and he would know.

Edit: Get your suggestions in, if you have them, because I'm compiling the next version as I type. If it compiles, and the timers work, it's going out tonight.

Edit: Get your suggestions in, if you have them, because I'm compiling the next version as I type. If it compiles, and the timers work, it's going out tonight.

Some of my suggestions may take a little more work, or not be feasible, but I'm typing them out in another window right now.

Flarn

I'll wait until I see your list, then, because I've got to do a work around for an unrelated problem, as it turns out.

Tried to use I_C_T X#KABAND IF_FILE_EXISTS and the compiler barfed. So I have to do an install on autodetect. Which means I have to change the tp2. Which means it's going to be a long night.

berelinde, I wouldn't bother with an I_C_T; you could simply do a False() and waylay, or better yet just destructively rebuild/replace all of X#KABAND.DLG, extending the whole CHAIN. After all, you have the whole code right there. I do not expect anyone else will be doing anything with that particular encounter, seeing as it as BG1 NPC-built from the ground up. Since Gavin has to be placed second, set a warning flag and then just C_E X#KABAND and reassign a new dlg file. It can even steal the same interjections; they are all easily grabbed from the original ;)

Turned out it only took about 30 seconds. ;)

I just pulled that interjection out of the body of the text and put it in its own little file, to be installed if BG1 NPC's marker was detected. It makes sense, because if there isn't a fibula, there is no reason for the interjection.

No big deal, after all.

It probably shouldn't be there, because it's technically in violation of accepted cross-modding practices, commenting on Kagain's quest item like that.

But... I'm going to leave it alone.

I did it! *shudder*

Oh gods.... I now I have a savegame in which I am waiting in total dread for the other shoe to drop. The fact of him refusing PIDs is a nice touch, but then he keeps randomly spouting happy flirt messages, which is a little distracting.

Also, Khalid picked that moment to randomly announce that Gorion would be proud of Charname's actions. Gorion would send Charname to a Temple to have her head examined, more likely. *wince*

Then again, my husband says people shouldn't make dumb bets if they don't bluff, not that it was exactly a bet, but... I guess it would be better to say that if someone says they don't bluff, don't tempt fate.

*goes off to eat a pound of chocolate*

Flarn

Oh, Khalid's comment is just too funny! I'm going to have giggle fits over that one for days.

That whole sequence is supposed to shut down flirting, but I think I'm going to have to take more drastic measures to ensure that flirting doesn't take place during that time.

Next version will have NPC commentary.

I did it! *shudder*

Oh gods.... I now I have a savegame in which I am waiting in total dread for the other shoe to drop. The fact of him refusing PIDs is a nice touch, but then he keeps randomly spouting happy flirt messages, which is a little distracting.

Also, Khalid picked that moment to randomly announce that Gorion would be proud of Charname's actions. Gorion would send Charname to a Temple to have her head examined, more likely. *wince*

Then again, my husband says people shouldn't make dumb bets if they don't bluff, not that it was exactly a bet, but... I guess it would be better to say that if someone says they don't bluff, don't tempt fate.

*goes off to eat a pound of chocolate*

Flarn

Awwww! I can't believe how brave you are! I haven't even experienced what you are speaking of and I just wince thinking about it. Wow, you are one brave soul...

Awwww! I can't believe how brave you are! I haven't even experienced what you are speaking of and I just wince thinking about it. Wow, you are one brave soul...

I read a bit of both the before and after dialog while picking through files a while back...and then I got curious and checked the items with Shadowkeeper...

;):D;):D

Who in their right mind would even think of making him do THAT?

I read a bit of both the before and after dialog while picking through files a while back...and then I got curious and checked the items with Shadowkeeper...

;):D:D;)

I've been trying to answer that question myself. Speaking from an aesthetic perspective on the mod itself, including the possibility to have such a thing happen is a ballsy, gutsy, scary, in your face choice. As a writer I think it is awesome because the fact is that some people, for whatever reason, would be dysfunctional enough to do what Gavin did and some people would be equally nuts/foolish enough to ask for it, perhaps thinking it wouldn't really get acted upon. I am sure people working in certain professional fields have seen this story all too often.

As for an RP perspective, well, I'd like to see the player try to rationalize their way out of that one - time for a fanfic, maybe? One of the only ways I can see it realistically being done is if the PC has some MAJOR trust issues that were in existence long before she met Gavin - actually, I have a character who could qualify since she's half human and half drow, was molested as a pre-teen/adolescent, and already thinks she's an abomination even before finding out she's a Child of Bhaal. Problem is she's also Neutral Evil (though guided along by Imoen she tends to stick more to Chaotic Neutral) so Gav wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole. The thing is I think even *she* wouldn't let Gavin go as far as the ultimate proof. She might test him, but if anything I can see her stopping him, smacking him upside the head, saying nobody is worth that, and then breaking up with him to save him from herself.

Of course I haven't been brave enough to see how/if the romance changes once the event happens, and provided the PC has been the perfect little sweetheart up until that point, so who knows how our clever modder has decided to resolve the issue? ;)

Flarn

;);):D:D

I've been trying to answer that question myself. Speaking from an aesthetic perspective on the mod itself, including the possibility to have such a thing happen is a ballsy, gutsy, scary, in your face choice. As a writer I think it is awesome because the fact is that some people, for whatever reason, would be dysfunctional enough to do what Gavin did and some people would be equally nuts/foolish enough to ask for it, perhaps thinking it wouldn't really get acted upon. I am sure people working in certain professional fields have seen this story all too often.

As for an RP perspective, well, I'd like to see the player try to rationalize their way out of that one - time for a fanfic, maybe? One of the only ways I can see it realistically being done is if the PC has some MAJOR trust issues that were in existence long before she met Gavin - actually, I have a character who could qualify since she's half human and half drow, was molested as a pre-teen/adolescent, and already thinks she's an abomination even before finding out she's a Child of Bhaal. Problem is she's also Neutral Evil (though guided along by Imoen she tends to stick more to Chaotic Neutral) so Gav wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole. The thing is I think even *she* wouldn't let Gavin go as far as the ultimate proof. She might test him, but if anything I can see her stopping him, smacking him upside the head, saying nobody is worth that, and then breaking up with him to save him from herself.

Of course I haven't been brave enough to see how/if the romance changes once the event happens, and provided the PC has been the perfect little sweetheart up until that point, so who knows how our clever modder has decided to resolve the issue? ;)

Flarn

Wow, now I've got to think even harder to see if I want to actually try that. It sounds so...intriguing. And so sad, too. I don't know what I'll do, but I certainly give you kudos for having the guts to even take it as far as you have.

And, yes, our modder is terribly clever. More so than we had thought, it seems! ;)

Archived