Infinity Engine Radio - IER

TheWizard

The first of its kind? Perhaps! Please welcome Infinity Engine Radio!

Infinity Engine Radio (IER) is a radio show/podcast that provides news, interviews, and events surrounding the Infinity Engine modding community. I realize such shows are gaining popularity, and cover just about every subject on earth, so I figured, why not create one for the IE modding world?! Alas, here it is! My first attempt at what I hope will be a successful new addition to our community.

Visit http://ier.iegmc.com to download the premier episode.

Also, don't be shy to post your comments and suggestions in this thread, or Email them to ier@iegmc.com. Any feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Definitely a new direction for the IE world... :)

I wasn't quite sure what to make of it from your post, so I downloaded and had a listen. I think the idea could have potential--one thing I would suggest is that 21 minutes is bit long. It might work better like the news headlines do, perhaps in the 5-10 minute range. It's be really interesting if you could have interviews and discussions with modders (and I guess some players) about life, their modding plans and motivations and so on. Though it could also be a technical challenge. Glad you enjoyed Mur'Neth--JC did the voicing for that one. :)

You have a really good radio voice, too. Very clear and enthusiatic. Well done!

I'd be interested to see where you take this project.

P.S. It is pronounced Why-Dee-You, but that's not so crucial.

Though it could also be a technical challenge.

A gizmo that sits between the phone line and a phone and provides a standard mic out for recording is pretty cheap at Radio Shack, and easy to use. There also seems to be a VoIP recorder called Hot Recorder that will intercept all audio for the Skype et al-inclined. (and I wouldn't be too shocked if there was a free equivalent. And there's apparently a way to get Audacity to trap all audio. And and and.)

There's also the matter of coordinating people being around at the same time, especially with differing timezones. I should perhaps have said "logistical" back there. :)

EDIT: JC, is that a hint for people to phone you up so you can do Obscene Phone Caller Kelsey at them? :)

I'll toss in my two cents here as well. :) A few suggestions:

• Length. As the initial podcast, I can understand the extra length, but I think 20 minutes may be a bit much for each one. :p
  • RSS feed. Allows all sorts of subscription goodness, the true power of a podcast. Once you have a feed, submit it to the iTunes store.
  • Schedule. When's the next one going to be? Even if it's a vague-ish schedule, pick one and stick with it. If folks don't know when the next one is going to be (even vaguely) it's hard to keep them interested.

It was a fun to hear and you do have a good voice for it. For the record, I usually use "way-doo" as my pronounciation for WeiDU (though I'd defer to JC here, since he's actually spoken with Wes) and gibberlings is more of a g sound than a j.

OK, maybe that was closer to a dollar. :)

It's be really interesting if you could have interviews and discussions with modders (and I guess some players) about life, their modding plans and motivations and so on.

I thought the exact same thing while listening to it. In addition to that, I think it could be very funny if you included some of the NPC's in an interview, say have an interview with Mur'Neth or Saerileth, if you can whoever voiced them and created them in on the idea. That would make some of us laugh :)

It's be really interesting if you could have interviews and discussions with modders (and I guess some players) about life, their modding plans and motivations and so on.

I thought the exact same thing while listening to it. In addition to that, I think it could be very funny if you included some of the NPC's in an interview, say have an interview with Mur'Neth or Saerileth, if you can whoever voiced them and created them in on the idea. That would make some of us laugh :)

You mean like the NPC Q&A threads? Yeah it could be kind of fun...

Archived