As of Weidu v243 there is an option to add to the mod tp2's a new keyword in addition to AUTHOR which shows a contact for SUPPORT, so that users would have a point of contact for bugs, suggestions etc.

Therefore I start this subtopic in the EET forum with a list of the mods I have taken care of, short description of the changes and other relevant information and provide this as a *summary* thread for those mods.

So this is the thread for the following mods:

Alora

- Adds Alora thief to BG2 in Riebald's shop

- Mod resurrected from broken forum and added EET compatibility

Amber (V5.01 or later)

Original mod description: http://www.gibberlings3.net/amber/

- Replaced Tiz by Tis + PVRZ for EE
- Corrected kit addition to game
- Graphic files adapted for EE
- Added HANDLE_CHARSETS
- Tokens corrected
- Script states corrected
- Item and weapon restrictions renewed
- Removed multiplayer romance
- Simplified install
- Sound install repaired
- Weidu updated
- EET compatibility added
- multi romance capability (hopefully avoids issues with CDTweaks)
- compatibility with Crossmod Banter mod

- Initial ToB content >>> this will be further extended

Arath NPC (v4.0 or later)

Original mod description:http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1001-arath/

- branched from v2.3
- upgraded to EET
- Areas Tis with PVRZ
- script adaptation
- dialogues fixed
- EET transition to ToB
- Weidu updated

Dace Linton NPC (v3.0 or later)

Original mod description: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1038-dace/

- Branched off from EE v2
- adapted for EET
- fixed scripts for creature creation
- fixed dialogue errors
- EET ToB Transition
- Weidu version update

List continued in next post

Edited by Roxanne

Modlist, part 2

Expanded Mage Stronghold (tuned down and balanced extract from the abandoned Planar Sphere mod)

This is a tuned down and balanced extract from the abandoned Planar Sphere mod. It ressurrects the extra stronghold quests from that mod but removes the overpowered items and spells and the excessive XP gain. The final quest (blowing the planes apart, killing half the gods of Faerun and getting 33 level 9 spells and 1mio XP) has been replaced by a more adequate ending, In addition, the mod no longer overwrites files. It should be compatible with all stronghold mods and tweaks, the additional contents starts after the vanilla tasks for the stronghold are finished.

Iylos NPC for ToB (v3.0 or later)

Nephele NPC (v3.0 or later)

Original mod description: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/953-nephele/

- branched from v3.2
- upgraded for EET
- fixed ToB fatals
- EET to ToB Transition
- dialogue fixes
- use of fl#add_kit_ee
- tra fixes

Ninde Amblecrown (v3.0 or later)

Original mod description: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/714-ninde/

- Branched off from EE v2
- tp2 corrections
- EET conversion
- corrected script errors
- dialogue adjustments
- EET ToB transition
- Weidu version update

List continued in next post

Edited by Roxanne

Modlist, part 3

Region of Terror (v3.0 or later)

Mod description:http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59053-region-of-terror-on-ee-eet/?hl=ctb

- baseline RoT 2.1
- compatibility with EE/EET
- files patched with BWFixpack corrections (except tp2, see point below)
- files patched and amended by Ikki's patch
- tp2 from Ikki's patch
- gui folder removed (not used anymore)
- added folder PVRZ for new Tis files for EE games
- amended tp2 to use Handle Tileset for old game but copy new PVRZ folder contents for EE
- moved TP2 into folder
- cleaned package from some unused files
- cleaned tp2 from unused (commented out) code for better readability

Rose NPC resurrected for EET

Rose was once intended as a big mod with an NPC for a complete BGT game. However little more than her initial small quest in Beregost concerning Silke was developed. The mod remained unfinished beta. This resurrection makes her available as a mini NPC mod without intention for further development. She will leave you after the initial SoD dungeon in case you recruit her,

Secrets of Bone Hill EET v3.0 EET

Tiax BG2

The gnome thief/cleric priest of Cyric, Tiax from BG1, is a priest of Cyric with a sole intention "Tiax rules all!". He appears in chapter 4 in Spellhold, right after Irenicus leaves it.

Vault EE v7.3

Xulaye NPC (EET version)

Original mod description: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/710-xulaye/

- branched off v 1.2.1
- upgraded to EET
- areas adapted to PVRZ
- tra corrections
- script corrections
- Weidu version updated
- portrait upgrade
- options included into main
- removed leftovers from package

End of List

Edited by Roxanne

Great to see Kaeloree's mods receiving proper EE engine charsets updates (and EET related compatibility code). There's this guy in Lava's topic that is currently hunted by random freezes due to ANSI charsets in Imoen Friendship (and probably other mods). Maybe you could convince Kaeloree to update SHS description to point to your updated version? Or you could send him updates from time to time so that he could upload fixes on SHS? I think it would be worth it since exactly the same problems that LamaPatate described would show up in vanilla BG2:EE and those playing without EET may be not aware about your updates.

Anyway thanks for all the effort and of course you can use EET board as you wish to maintain the mods.

Great to see Kaeloree's mods receiving proper EE engine charsets updates (and EET related compatibility code). There's this guy in Lava's topic that is currently hunted by random freezes due to ANSI charsets in Imoen Friendship (and probably other mods). Maybe you could convince Kaeloree to update SHS description to point to your updated version? Or you could send him updates from time to time so that he could upload fixes on SHS? I think it would be worth it since exactly the same problems that LamaPatate described would show up in vanilla BG2:EE and those playing without EET may be not aware about your updates.

Anyway thanks for all the effort and of course you can use EET board as you wish to maintain the mods.

I see the problem - my topic title is misleading - I should change the title from *adopted* to *converted* to avoid misunderstandings.

The branched off mod versions may or may not be backwards compatible with vanilla game, this is not tested. They are only of interest for those installing EET and not intended to replace the existing versions for other games. Such an approach would not be managable for *abandoned* mods. It was my consideration that the existing versions were good enough status quo for the non-EET games.

This approach of *going ahead without looking back* has been excessively discussed before I started the work. The backwards compatibility rule only applies for a few mods that have definitely stated this requirement (and which may therefore never see EET or EE after all, because it is no feasible approach.)

Edited by Roxanne

Expanded Mage Stronghold

This is a tuned down and balanced extract from the abandoned Planar Sphere mod. It ressurrects the extra stronghold quests from that mod but removes the overpowered items and spells and the excessive XP gain. The final quest (blowing the planes apart, killing half the gods of Faerun and getting 33 level 9 spells and 1mio XP) has been replaced by a more adequate ending, In addition, the mod no longer overwrites files. It should be compatible with all stronghold mods and tweaks, the additional contents starts after the vanilla tasks for the stronghold are finished.

I hope to play with it soon... I DO NEED vacations :)

Hi,

I also used "Expanded Mage Stronghold" in my current run :) and I have encountered a little bug (sorry I don't know where to post).

When I speak to Vortel and choose "I'd like to see your services", I got a CTD each time.

Everything else was perfect :)

Thank your for making "Expanded Mage Stronghold" in EET possible !

Hi,

I also used "Expanded Mage Stronghold" in my current run :) and I have encountered a little bug (sorry I don't know where to post).

When I speak to Vortel and choose "I'd like to see your services", I got a CTD each time.

Everything else was perfect :)

Thank your for making "Expanded Mage Stronghold" in EET possible !

You are right. This was an oversight. The shop with its totally overpowered items and spells was removed but the dialogue is still there. The CtD is due to trying to open the non-existing store.

Sorry for this, I corrected it.

Thank you for the report.

PS - I created this topic for the various converted/updated mods http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28953&do=findComment&comment=255931.

Edited by Roxanne

Oops, 2 weeks, and I had already forgotten this thread :)

No problem, I was pretty sure it was something about store and it was not a blocking bug.

BTW, you have really kept the spirit (fun part) of the mod :beer: (and remove the :crazy: end).

Thanks for the feedback. I was not sure how far I could go with the original plot before truncating it. Looks like I found the right twist.

I have replaced the missing store with an existing one, so that issue should be solved.

Edited by Roxanne

BTW, I forgot to test "textbook on item creation" (Expanded Mage Stronghold) and it doesn't seem to work :

1. I read it, it gives me a "Special Ability",
  2. I click on this ability, an animation as if I cast a spell, then nothing (no text, no item, nothing...),
  3. tried close to the forge (AR0412 AFAIR) or far... nothing

BTW, I forgot to test "textbook on item creation" (Expanded Mage Stronghold) and it doesn't seem to work :

1. I read it, it gives me a "Special Ability",
  2. I click on this ability, an animation as if I cast a spell, then nothing (no text, no item, nothing...),
  3. tried close to the forge (AR0412 AFAIR) or far... nothing

Sorry . corrected that.

The overpowered items and abilities were removed, but I missed the book that still referenced them.

I tuned this down, the book will now give you a magical item and a medium ability. It is destroyed after one-time use.

Thank you for notifying.

Edited by Roxanne