Ideas

Valheru

I and Khayman have just began thinking up ideas for this MOD though we have the general outline of the MOD we would welcome any ideas or suggestions even as the MOD progresses so if anyone has any then please post here.

Intresting... A good idea but I wan't a similar sort of quest to gain rank with a good aligned person so will need quests for some people of good and neutral nature and to try and avoid politics!!

I gave this some thought, and it isn't as bad an idea as you could go with Valheru.

For example, you could have one task where the character goes up by merit, which would certainly work for good, evil, neutral either way. This is the majority of the fetch quests in BG II, for example.

Another way, though, is that the Bhaalspawn becomes aware of a problem with his superior. So, you could have the Bhaalspawn looking for major faults that could get the man removed, kill him to advance yourself (and you could break this down as to whether making it look like an accident or a blatant assassination), or even find out why your superior is faltering (say if he is being blackmailed, and if you remove that blackmail, your superior could be grateful, and advance you.)

I mean, so you could do this:

Promotion 1: Fetch quest

Promotion 2: You see your superior faltering.

A. Kill him for his position

I. Make it look like an accident

II. Don't hide it, making those fear you if they get in your way

B. Find proof he is screwing up, and present it to your superior's superior.

C. Look for any reason why he is not up to par.

I. Blackmail him if he doesn't recommend you to go forward.

II. Fix the problem (say the superior is being blackmailed, or owes money, etc), and count on his gratefulness.

not bad not bad... but if you are aiming for the highest rank possible then (B. Find proof he is screwing up, and present it to your superior's superior.) is not possible. but I appreciate the ideas. (What does Khayman think I wonder) ;)

not bad not bad... but if you are aiming for the highest rank possible then (B. Find proof he is screwing up, and present it to your superior's superior.) is not possible. but I appreciate the ideas. (What does Khayman think I wonder) ;)

Well, you didn't say how many levels there would be. This could be the bottom rung on the initiation.

I thought the Cowled wizards had their own council of top mages to lead them (That's memory talking so don't hold me to it ;) ). You could always present evidence of a councillor's corruption/incompetence to the council and get a seat on it.

Archived