BG2 romanceable males, split from Sand Romance

Oh I was just jesting on BGII and I never said you should drop that,at all,I would never dare :undecided:

I guess I can't just share the BGII fans' enthusiasm,since I played the game back when I was young,and I had an horrible experience with it,which prevented me to replay that ever again;truth to be told,at the time there was no such thing as a modding community yet,and I was still inexperienced with rpgs (I came from a long tradition of adventures such as mokey island and the likes *laughs* so plenty of times to think,no combat at all...good times :hm: ).Maybe I should retry it,but honestly I'm not a big fan of open-explore games (as in "sorry dude,you were too stupid to understand that you shouldn't have taken this road,so now you die" they make me feel like that,probably because I am indeed stupid *laughs*); I still remember my huge confusion in trying to keep up with the main storyline,epically failing due to some serious sidetracking of other quests,much like happened to me in Morrowind (which,in fact,I still find boring and pointless as hell...don't hate me)...the awesomest moment being the one in which I faced a red dragon,popping out from nowhere (well,he was in disguise,but,that's not the point!) just because I took a wrong turn on a road somewhere :)

Strangely enough,I didn't find Planescape :Torment that confusing and frustrating at all (well,maybe a bit at times,but still not as BGII),infact I loved it;maybe it was just a matter of age and I should try and play it again,but god knows where's the BGII cd gone,and I wouldn't even know where to start if I decided to add mods...or what I should need to make it work...not to mention the mere thought of that b**chy whinebag which is Jaheira can be discouraging alone :D

The total lack of decent romance options for a female PC (at least,from what I remember and from my point of view) is discouraging as well;the only guy I kept in memory was a sort of bard,which wasn't that bad,aside from the fact that he continually whistled in my ear,calling me crow,and I'm not sure he was romanceable even (I do remember he flirted with the aerie crybaby,though)...ah well,still better than the rest (but I do remember Minsk :D ).

The Amn....well,it's not one of my favourite setting,as well.

Of course,this is old memories,so who knows...maybe I really missed out the best of the game ;)

Ehm... which is this "Bishop companion mod for BG2... ehm, MotB"? :-D

EDIT

Deedlit, in BG2 you can have a romance with Anomen Delryn (the guy who wanted to become a knight) and, if I remember correctly (never played an evil character) with Edwin, the red wizard of Tay

Getting a bit derailed, but in BG2, the unmodified game only allows you to romance Anomen.

Mods allow you to romance, Edwin, Kelsey, Kivan, Tsujatha, Xan, Angelo, Ajantis, and Gavin (and Keldorn, but the mod won't be publicly available until ToB is done). The Ajantis and Gavin mods don't have ToB yet, but they're both in development.

Kivan??? Kivan??? Have I heard the name of Kivan???

I love Kivan since the first time I saw it, when he said "This city is an example of men's excessive... Uff, I wish we've already gone from this miserable place!" (I didn't agree, but he's still cool!). But of course, you can romance Kivan only in BG 1, not 2... or the mod can also import Kivan in BG2?

Getting a bit derailed, but in BG2, the unmodified game only allows you to romance Anomen.

Mods allow you to romance, Edwin, Kelsey, Kivan, Tsujatha, Xan, Angelo, Ajantis, and Gavin (and Keldorn, but the mod won't be publicly available until ToB is done). The Ajantis and Gavin mods don't have ToB yet, but they're both in development.

Wish I had even a vague idea of what ToB is (Throne of Baal is all I remember vaguely,but at the time it was only announced :hm: )...and I recognize only some of those names (I do remember Edwin though!but he seemed a sneaky bastard,and had horrible nails,so I basically never even thought of him as love interest *laughs*)... *feels incredibly ignorant and stupid*

And yeah,back when I played the module Anomen was the only available one,but he was so boring,and had such an horrible portrait,I would've rather romanced Minsk's pet (I am generally allergic to paladins.....the only exception so far being Casavir,which in my vocabulary means he's a really great character *laughs*).

Maybe I should give BGII another try,if I can understand which goes where and what to add;not to mention I may have lost the cd,and back then I had windows 95 (*laughs*),so long story short I wouldn't even know where to start to reinstall it :undecided:

Edwin: He's just as sarcastic as you remember, but his romance is entertaining.

Kelsey: (mod-added NPC) He's a neutral good human sorcerer.

Kivan: (game NPC in BG1, mod-added NPC in BG2) He's a chaotic good elven archer.

Tsujatha: (mod-added NPC) He's an elven necromancer from another world.

Xan: (game NPC in BG1, mod-added NPC in BG2) He's a lawful neutral elven enchanter.

Angelo: (mod-added NPC) He's a chaotic neutral human fighter/mage.

Ajantis: (game NPC in BG1, mod-added NPC in BG2) He's a lawful good paladin.

Gavin: (mod-added NPC in BG1 and BG2) He's a neutral good cleric.

(Keldorn: He's a paladin, alright. The romance isn't for everyone.)

Ahhh no wonder I didn't recognize many,since I never played BGI :)

Now that my curiosity is piqued,I guess I should find myself a BG forum and do some researching :D

thanks a lot for the clarifications! :hm:

(as for paladins,well,it all depends....but preaching bags or macho men automatically get on my nerves,unfortunately :undecided: )

I see there is a nice boxset 4 in 1 which I am considering (since from what I read,you need the basic game to install Weidu&co and my cd is probably lost into the oblivium)....but my fear is the BG pack won't work with windows xp (which I currently have) and windows 7 (which I plan to put onto the laptop).Can anyone shed some light,pretty please? :undecided:

Thank you for your patience so far!

My old desktop ran Windows XP. BG1 and BG2 ran with no difficulty whatsoever. My laptop runs Windows Vista. There was a bit of difficulty getting things set up so I could mod, but I wrote a tutorial on it, which will help others avoid the issues I had to go through while installing the game. I believe that there are a few other little things you have to do to get BG1 and BG2 to run on Windows 7, but I know several modders here use Windows 7 for BG1/BG2 without difficulty at all.

If you do decide to install BG1/BG2, you might want to consider installing Tutu or BGT. These will enable you to play the BG1 NPC Project, which adds BG2-style interaction (and 3 romances for each gender) to BG1. I couldn't play BG1 without it. :undecided:

When I started playing it, I thought Tutu was the second-awesomest thing ever. The awesomest is without a doubt BG1 NPC - I installed Tutu to play it :undecided: Aurora's Shoes and Boots was fun too, though, as were Finch, Indira, Mur'Neth, and Gavin. There's a lot of great Tutu mods.

I have the 4-in-1 boxset, and started playing on XP, switched to Ubuntu, and am currently using Vista. All works fine :hm: The main thing is that you shouldn't install BG under Program Files, and you have to disable User Account Control. Mine is in C:\Games\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate and I've never had any major issues, save for those caused by my own stupidity.

also Neh'taniel and Sarevok (ToB only)

Gah. Yes, how could I forget those two? :undecided:

Neh'taniel: (mod-added NPC) Elven wraith judicial knight (shares many traits with paladins, though not lawful good).

Sarevok: Chaotic evil fighter and your one-time nemesis. Can undergo a conversion to chaotic good in the vanilla game, though I believe the mod romance prevents this.

BG1 and BG2 both installed and work on my laptop (windows 7) without any problems.

I usually fall for the Paladins and lawful fellows :hm: Part of it may be that I am usually playing a good pc.

I can never play an evil character. When I was younger I had no problem stealing in the games and even went on a killing spree quite a few times, I killed my fair share of innocent background npc's :). Nowadays I can't even force myself to make evil choices. I can create an evil pc, but by the end of the game I'm always good lol

I feel like I've gone off discussion =/

But I would rather finish my romance with Gavin in tob (I hate unfinished stories) than flirt with sand in nwn2 (besides I'm content with Casavir -sigh- I do love my paladins) That's just my opinion :undecided:

Toodles,

~Jessception

Archived