What are some of your favorite NWN modules?

Bri

The only module I tried -as in downloaded and played for a few minutes- was the Night Watch. I liked it, but since I never have time to play games, I did not finish neither it, nor NWN, nor ever started the expansions.... Sad, really.

Kale's Rangers 1 & 2 are my favorite. I mean, rangers. You know, tracking, animal handling, pit traps, etc. The reason why i install NWN from time to time. It was supposed to finish with part 3, but last i heard, it didnt make it.

If you like ranger-friendly modules, you might want to look at The Wanderer 1 & 2. In the first part in particular you're a lot of unknown territory, and there are things that only rangers can do.

Some of my favourite modules are the series Midwinter Festival/Midsummer Knight's Dream/Midnight Calling. They're city based, there's lots to do, and since it''s based on a world I enjoyed PnP play in I start off with a bias in their favour.

My all-time favourite is The Hex Coda by Stefan Gagne.

http://pixelscapes.com/hexcoda/index.html

It beats the crap out of any other module I've played, I'd even call it better than NWN, SoU and HotU.

His Elegio Eternum module is another good one.

I've also got a soft spot for the Lords of Darkness series. They're linear; they're hack'n'slash; but they are lots of fun to play.

To a large extent though what you would like will depend on the sort of characters you like to play, and also whether you play online in Persistent Worlds, or with a small group playing a module together. Really there's so much out there that recommending any one module can only be a matter of personal taste.

To a large extent though what you would like will depend on the sort of characters you like to play, and also whether you play online in Persistent Worlds, or with a small group playing a module together. Really there's so much out there that recommending any one module can only be a matter of personal taste.

Actually, I was just curious as to what various people's tastes were...and to get an idea of what other stuff I might wish to try. NWN and the two official supplements have definitely gotten old for me.

However, I can definitely say my preferred mode of play is by myself, and with a heavy emphasis on plot, character interaction, and yes, romance. Hack'n'slash is not my forte, since I consider it par for the course in the game.

Haven't posted in here yet, apparently. Two of my absolute favourites are the (unfinished) Paladin Trilogy, by Rick Burton (Twilight, Midnight, and the unreleased Dawn), and the (unfinished) Hex Coda Series by Stefan Gagne.

The first since it's got some the best-made characters (there's a drow, a drow I like... that's amazing by itself :)) and the best RP I've seen, and the second since it's got great RP and is the most original mod I've played so far (My collection is over 3 GB :D).

Other good ones: the Shadowlords - Dreamcatcher - Demon campaign; A Harper's Tale; Aiar (unfinished, terribly so); The Book of Shaddowe (for Thief fans); Kale's Ranger (gets its final part... w00t); The Aielund Trilogy, and probably a few others I've forgotten.

Nope, haven't played Hex Coda yet. File size isn't an issue since I can get it done at the university, but I believe the Hex Coda system wasn't done yet.

At this moment, I really am enjoying the Shadowlord-Dreamcatcher-Demon series (I'm in Dreamcatcher mode).

I also have finished Runes of Blood, and enjoyed it as well, although those playing it might see it as a dumbed down version of the core NWN game.

I see I have some modules yet to try out. I stopped playing modules fairly quick, because stuff such as the Paladin trilogy and the Hex Coda are two out of a billion worthless mods. I got tired of looking through piles of garbage to find the good stuff.

Exactly. Mind you, I'm not necessarily looking to see something even as polished as the NWN official stuff (and before someone jumps on me, I definitely agree that in plot, dialogue, characterization, etc. that I prefer BG 1 and 2).

However, sometimes it is nice to just pass the time away. For example, as I said, I am liking the Shadowlord/Dreamcatcher/Demon series, and yet my biggest aggravation with it is the 'dialogue' choices which are definitely out of context/character (the Menos/Mentos comment for example)

Archived