EET Installation Issue.

Hello.

I have found out about this wonderful project and was so happy to play through my favourite game, but well.. I got stuck on installation process. Everything seems to be all right until I get to the point where this happens:

##### Enhanced Edition Trilogy (pre-release) #####
### 0000: Enhanced Edition Trilogy ###
Ready for installation
Setup-EET.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 1 --skip-at-view --args-list p "D:\GOG Galaxy\Games\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" --force-install-list 0 --logapp
[setup-EET.exe] WeiDU version 24000
Using Language [Polski (Polish)]
Uzywam .\lang\pl_pl\dialog.tlk oraz .\lang\pl_pl\dialogF.tlk
Installing [inicjacja instalacji EET (pierwszy mod w kolejnosci instalacji)] [1.0 RC7]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
LANGUAGE_BG2 = pl_PL
Creating 1 directory
D:\GOG Galaxy\Games\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition directory assigned via auto install batch command
Wpisz pelna sciezke do instalacji BG:EE+SoD i potwierdz ja klawiszem Enter.
Przyklad: C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00806
Nieprawidlowa sciezka, lub problem z instalacja BG:EE+SoD.
W razie dalszych problemow mozna zamknac to okno i zakonczyc instalacje skrotem Ctrl+C.
Wpisz pelna sciezke do instalacji BG:EE+SoD i potwierdz ja klawiszem Enter.
Przyklad: C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00806
So there is trouble with directory, still, even though I followed the rules of "no ProgramFiles". It got me thinking... Is SoD required to do EET Trilogy installation? I guess this might be dumb question but I wanted to know for certain before I consider buying it. Sorry, I was always using BGT and I never experienced any troubles with installation, so I probably messed up this time. Thanks for any help in advance!
EDIT:

Sorry, I've just noticed that installation was in Polish, so quick translation:
Copying and patching one file ...

LANGUAGE_BG2 = en_US
1 Creating directory

D: \ GOG Galaxy \ Games \ Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition directory assigned via auto-install batch command

Enter the full path to the installation BG: EE + SoD and confirm it by pressing Enter.
Example: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ BeamDog \ Games \ 00806

Incorrect path, or a problem with the installation BG: EE + SoD.
In case of further problems you can close the window and complete the installation Ctrl + C.

Enter the full path to the installation BG: EE + SoD and confirm it by pressing Enter.
Example: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ BeamDog \ Games \ 00806
Edited by CanWakhan

I am having this same problem except that I have BG1 EE and SoD, my steam install is on a different letter drive-

G:\Games\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

Baldur's gate 2 EE is installed here-

G:\Games\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition

It's saying invalid directory on the BG1 SoD part.

I am having this same problem except that I have BG1 EE and SoD, my steam install is on a different letter drive-

G:\Games\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

Baldur's gate 2 EE is installed here-

G:\Games\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition

It's saying invalid directory on the BG1 SoD part.

Since you have steam game, check that you have modmerge installed.

I am having the same problem, installing with Big World Setup, game installed via the Beamdog Client. I have all three games, and they are not installed on the home drive. Also somewhere in the installation it deletes the Siege of Dragonspear executable, so I have to reinstall it everytime I want to retry install the mods. Can anyone help?

##### Enhanced Edition Trilogy #####
### 0000: Enhanced Edition Trilogy ###
Ready for installation
Setup-EET.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --args-list p "G:\BeamDog\00806" --force-install-list 0 --logapp
[setup-EET.exe] WeiDU version 24200
Using Language [English]
Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk
Installing [EET core - resource importation] [1.0 RC9.2]
INTERACTIVE = 1
LANGUAGE = en_US
argv[0] = p
argv[1] = G:\BeamDog\00806
Copying and patching 1 file ...
LANGUAGE_BG2 = en_US
Creating 1 directory
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
G:\BeamDog\00783>ECHO AMD64 | FINDSTR AMD64 1>NUL && SET arch_var=AMD64 || SET arch_var=x86
G:\BeamDog\00783>ECHO AMD64 1>EET\temp\arch_var.txt
arch_var = x86_64\
Copying and patching 2 files ...
G:\BeamDog\00806 directory assigned via auto install batch command
Enter the full path to your BG:EE+SoD installation then press Enter.
Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00806
Invalid directory, or incorrect BG:EE+SoD installation.
It is safe to abort this installation by closing this window or pressing Ctrl+C.
On 1/5/2017 at 10:45 AM, K4thos said:

the readme file is even available in Polish so be sure to check it out, CanWakhan :)

Hi hopefully you see this because I am having issues with EET downloading I try all three ways the first way doing it my self and I got stuck with enter full path what should it look like if I am using steam and have games in common. The two mod management didn’t work for me 

Trying EET for the first time with no success. I tried from a clean install of BG2EE and a clone with the same result. Attached is my setup-eet.debug file.

Here is the reject portion:

Unable to Unlink [EET/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "EET/backup/0/READLN.0")
Unable to Unlink [EET/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "EET/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
ERROR: Not_found
PLEASE email the file SETUP-EET.DEBUG to K4thos (swit)
Using Language [English]
[English] has 6 top-level TRA files
[EET/lang/en_US/prompts.tra] has 56 translation strings
[EET/lang/en_US/setup.tra] has 18 translation strings
[EET/lang/en_US/chapters.tra] has 95 translation strings
[EET/lang/en_US/dialog.tra] has 37 translation strings
[EET/lang/en_US/2da.tra] has 55 translation strings
[EET/lang/en_US/compatibility.tra] has 6 translation strings

Install Component [EET core (resource importation)]?
nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? Saving This Log:
6849430 characters, 167899 entries added to DIALOG.TLK
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 271483 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS EET core (resource importation)

Game directories for SoD and BG2EE are in Windows\Games\Beamdog\

I have two questions.

Can I install it on a clone BG2EE?

If so, what file needs to be changed to direct everything to the clone (I can't find a baldur.ini like in the original)?

SETUP-EET.DEBUG

7 hours ago, grogerson said:

Trying EET for the first time with no success. I tried from a clean install of BG2EE and a clone with the same result. Attached is my setup-eet.debug file.

According to the attached debug file it looks like EET could not create a desktop shortcut for the EET game. This is a purely optional feature of EET which (imo) shouldn't have been added to EET in the first place since it's prone to failure.

You can either run setup-EET.exe from the command line with an additional argument that skips desktop shortcut creation:

setup-EET.exe --args s

Or you could open EET\EET.tp2 in a text editor, scroll all the way down and remove everything starting with the line

ACTION_IF (~%argv[0]%~ STRING_CONTAINS_REGEXP ~[Ss]~ = 0) BEGIN

and everything afterwards. This will remove the shortcut creation from the mod.

Thank you, Argent77. Removing those last lines worked.

I just finished reinstalling on a clone BG2EE (titled EET of course). I do have a few items of note. Since it is a .zip file, when I extracted it I had an EET-master folder with everything in it. I had to manually move the setup-EET.exe and the folders (EET, EET-gui, EET-end) to the root directory.

After running setup-EET.exe, I installed my mods (BGEE first, then BG2EE), EET gui, finally EET end. I was unable to install one mod: BG1 Unfinished Business rejected every component. Should I have installed this in BGEE before running EET?

WeiDU.log