SR v4 (detailed list of changes - ongoing update)

However, it does mean we'll then start considering the same for Ice Storm vs Incendiary Cloud, ADHW vs Entangle, etc.

This. If you open up that box Ao only knows what will come out of it.

That's the same thing I said a few times when I was asked to do similar things (e.g. Flame Blade granting immunity to webs, Grease increasing fire dmg on targets, ...). That being said CoC vs Fire Shield is kinda fitting imo.

ADHW vs Entangle :rotflmao:

- Speaking of Cold damage- Ice Storm has a no-save 50% MS reduction that is bugged to bypass MR.

- Suggestion - allow a breath save for MS reduction, fix MR. This spell is just too good.

- fixed locally but I'm not touching git until Mike says I can...

- it's not a full slow though, just movement rate, is it really dat powerful? 5E uses the "difficult terrain" status but it's still a halved movement rate with no save

Edited by Demivrgvs

ADHW vs Entangle :rotflmao:

Why are you laughing ? Asking because, have you ever not been able to move and then got your head sliced off cause the invisible wall was there... cause of unexpected interaction between things. I bet you have, and now you have to the avoid the thing all the time, while fixing it would have been so easy, just roll +10 more advanced game engine to the current ones place.

Same thing here, the Spell Pack has probably done a lot of this stuff already, but there are a lot of counters that could happen.

The Cone of Cold is a good "counter" among other effects of it to the (Red) Flame Shield. Of course making and maintaining consistency in a magic system like this will be hard thing to do, so it's not like you have to do it necessarily.

I'm not sure in what state of development is this mod anymore, but I would like to see PfMW removed. It trivializes both mantle spells while being 1/2 spell slots lower, it hinders magical touch attacks forcing messy workarounds and it's suposed disadvantage is a royal pain for inventory management. The mantle spells should be enough to deal with magical weapons if only for a short time and there's really no need to leave a protection gap for mundane weapons, dispel should sufice as it did with PfMW. Mantle can even be made progresive to free spell slots for other stuff.

I'm not sure in what state of development is this mod anymore, but I would like to see PfMW removed. It trivializes both mantle spells while being 1/2 spell slots lower, it hinders magical touch attacks forcing messy workarounds and it's suposed disadvantage is a royal pain for inventory management. The mantle spells should be enough to deal with magical weapons if only for a short time and there's really no need to leave a protection gap for mundane weapons, dispel should sufice as it did with PfMW. Mantle can even be made progresive to free spell slots for other stuff.

Did you play SRv4?

I have previously proposed the PfMW to penalize the mage that apply it to themselves by setting the mages walk speed to zero. This makes them a target that can be dealt with separately from other troubling facts. Like Demons they summon, this was how the BG1 dealt with the Globe (of Invulnerability) spells ... but as BG2 came up, it was removed from them completely... and this is why a certain caster(Davaeorn) uses an endless supply of the teleport spell(Dimension Door) in BG1, as a tactical challenge.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

if I remember well, there have been plans to remove PfMW. However, it plays such an integral part of SCS mage scripts that deleting it would mean making SCS obsolete, and that's not an option. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes. One possible workaround is to add PfMW to hidespl.2da, and make a copy of the Mantle .spl file and rename the copy to overwrite the PfMW .spl file. And ditto overwriting the PfMW scroll .itm file with the Mantle scroll. This way 1) players will not have access to PfMW; and 2) when SCS scripts call for AI mages to cast PfMW, they will cast Mantle instead.

That's not a perfect solution, but it might be good enough if someone really wants PfMW gone.

What the std suggests is done before you install SCS, you just export the spwi708.spl, name the file as spwi611.spl and place it in the override folder and that's that. Then you install SCS on top.

And the SCS will use the new version of the spell.