D0Tweak v24 available, includes support for SoD

V24 of SimDing0's Tweak Pack is now available on GitHub. Biggest change is that the mod should now work on BG1EE/Siege of Dragonspear. Visual Ioun Stones now covers two ioun stones added by SoD (Trollblood Ioun Stone [bdioun01] and Blood Red Ioun Stone [bdioun02]), and Sensible Lore now takes shamans into account (they get the same lore as sorcerers).

I also further tweaked the code in places. Most specifically, Enhanced Goodberries now patches the existing item and spell instead of copying in new ones, which should make it more compatible.

I also created myself a Linux version of the G3 ModPackaging tool (pull request has been sent), so archives for Windows, OSX and Linux can now also be downloaded from GitHub. The download page is here:

https://github.com/AngelGryph/D0Tweak/releases/tag/v24

EDIT: The self-extracting archive for Windows did not work, replaced it with a .zip file.

Edited by Angel

Nice work, Angel! Just to be sure. The mod works with BGEE/SoD and BG2EE, right? Will it work also for EET?

How would it be possible to NOT work with a mod to BG2EE if it works in the regular game ? Just make a darn guess next time andf go with your gut and then complain if it doesn't !!!!!2

How would it be possible to NOT work with a mod to BG2EE if it works in the regular game ?

Well, for instance, "GAME_IS ~bg2ee~" returns false in BG2EE games with EET installed... so it is quite possible for such a thing to happen. In fact a number of mods that stopped being maintained after the BG2EE 1.3 patch, but before the release of EET, have/had this very problem.

Nice work, Angel! Just to be sure. The mod works with BGEE/SoD and BG2EE, right? Will it work also for EET?

BG2EE and EET are currently untested as I have not yet had the time to look at them. It is on my to do list though. The mod will work with BG1EE/SoD, that was the whole goal of this release. ^^

Since D0Tweak was originally written for BG2, I suspect that most components will work for BG2EE, perhaps with a little tweaking.

How would it be possible to NOT work with a mod to BG2EE if it works in the regular game ?

Well, for instance, "GAME_IS ~bg2ee~" returns false in BG2EE games with EET installed... so it is quite possible for such a thing to happen. In fact a number of mods that stopped being maintained after the BG2EE 1.3 patch, but before the release of EET, have/had this very problem.

In most predicates, I have used GAME_INCLUDES "bg2" or GAME_INCLUDES "tob", which should return true for BG2EE and EET.

So feel free to test it for yourself. I suspect most mods will work. I explicitly disabled "Summoning Cap Removal" and "BG1-Style Summoning Spells" for EE games as I already know it is incompatible with EE (and there is a much better alternative available in CamDawg's Tweak Anthology anyway).

Of course I would welcome patches for bug fixes on BG2EE and EET.

Edited by Angel