baf syntax highlight for mac os x

critto

I don't know of any Mac-specific editors. However, you can use Near Infinity to write your BAF scripts. It doesn't have as many features as a full-fledged text editor, but it provides syntax highlighting, code folding and a compile button that can be used to check the script for errors.

To load external files, select menu Game->Open File... and either drop the BAF file from your file manager into the drop region of the dialog or use the Browse button to select the file manually. You can also create new BAF files via File->New Resource->BAF.

As far as I'm aware, the only text editors that .tp2/.d/.baf syntax highlighters have created for are Notepad++, TextPad, ConTEXT, and Crimson Editor, and they only support Windows. It's not too difficult to create your own highlighters, but each text editor requires the rules be formatted in a different way.

If you want to make your own, TextWrangler looks like it might be a good option. I found these examples and this documentation for creating custom highlighters.

Thanks for the input, guys. NI is a wonderful tool, but for working with tens or even hundreds of scripts I prefer a proper text editor. NI is more of a resource manager.

Anyhow, as Mike1072 suggested, I'm slowly trying to come up with a syntax for TextMate that highlights the BAF code properly.

Archived