Some general questions

Avenger

As it stands though she has decent cheekbones, is absurdly pretty and has shampoo-add hair. Isn't that elven enough?

Her lower portion of the face is good, but the problem - and it is a normal problem with photo-shopping humans into elves- that the upper portion has human proportions. Elves have a strong slant to the cheekbone-eye-brow line (which I agree you cannot photoshop), their skull structure is different. This accounts for certain things, like wider field of vision for example - if you believe the sourcebooks, that is. Anyway, it won't be that big of a deal at all, having a LOTR-style elf, if it did not clash with Jaheira-Aerie-Viconia, who in BG2 do have the elvenized, "drawn" features, rather than slightly slanted eye. And no, I am not saying you should change the portrait etc, but perhaps, provide a more "FR" elven alternative could be a good idea.

This is great news! She's interesting, gorgeous, romanceable and she makes Annoyman utterly redundant. What more can a Charname ask for? :(

After reading the information that's available, and given the track records of the people involved, I'm betting Jelina at least matches the Kesley/Keto level of moddy goodness.

After reading the information that's available, and given the track records of the people involved, I'm betting Jelina at least matches the Kesley/Keto level of moddy goodness.

Thanks! We certainly hope so :(

A kitted multi-class character...I love it! I often make these myself and are wonderful.

I love the portrait, don't pay any mind to the naysayers.

Can't wait for this one to be released!

I'll be standing right over there, where the line forms to download.

Good luck with it, and hope she'll be done soon!

Love the general concept.

Love the potrait.

Love to play it when it comes out.

...a couple of thoughts:

Like the bioware three she is an elven(ish) cleric(druid). Thus:

a) You may not need to focus too much on the cross-banter/conflicts (tho they certainly are fun) between her and the bioware three as you think. Few parties will actually be able to support all 4 at one time without being very lopsided. Exploring what she thinks of Yoshi or Imoen's reaction/relationship with her (a what does Imoen think of her older brother's flame angle has not really been done before) could be more interesting than 'yet another catfight.'

b) Differentiating it from the other elf romances by taking it very "high-romance"/very passionate style rather than the "therapist taking advantage of a client's uncertainty/vulnerability" (and a malpractice suit waiting to happen, heh) style which the bioware and many other romance mods have.

cheers & GL

Thanks for your questions/comments!

a) You may not need to focus too much on the cross-banter/conflicts (tho they certainly are fun) between her and the bioware three as you think. Few parties will actually be able to support all 4 at one time without being very lopsided. Exploring what she thinks of Yoshi or Imoen's reaction/relationship with her (a what does Imoen think of her older brother's flame angle has not really been done before) could be more interesting than 'yet another catfight.'

Well, actually we've already written all of the conflicts, though we haven't finished writing all the general banters yet. However, while it's likely that many of these banters won't be seen for the reasons you give, we don't feel that it's worth letting that material being weak (or limited) just for those reasons.

Basically, we'll only limit the number of banters between Jelina and a BioWare NPC if we really, really can't think of a subject for another banter. But even then, we'll keep our thinking caps on and try and come up with something for a later release.

b) Differentiating it from the other elf romances by taking it very "high-romance"/very passionate style rather than the "therapist taking advantage of a client's uncertainty/vulnerability" (and a malpractice suit waiting to happen, heh) style which the bioware and many other romance mods have.

This is actually something we've been thinking about from the very start of writing the romance. What we originally wanted was a more realistic romance than the BioWare NPCs. This doesn't mean Jelina is perfect however (as clearly all real life relationships aren't clear sailing all the time). There is a little block in the lovetalks where she's slightly depressed and concerned at some things, and during that time you do have to supportive. However, for the most part the Jelina romance isn't 'well you're fucked in the head, and I have to sort that out before you'll sleep with me'.

As a corollary to that, another difference we wanted between Jelina's romance and the BioWare romances is that love != sex i.e. the commitment talk where you can finally say that you love her is not the talk where she'll sleep with you at the end. That comes a couple of talks later and is entirely optional if your character isn't ready yet (in which case you can bring it up later via the flirt menu if you change your mind).

As for a 'very passionate style', I think/hope we've managed to achieve that. There are many romantic situations in the mod though that doesn't mean it's all 'Immy Wimmy, Kelsey Welsey '. She's not particularly prude and can be quite passionate at times, though she's not a raging slut. Oh and by passionate I don't mean K&Z textscreens. The graphicness of descriptions is no worse than the PPG Flirt Packs.

Right, I hope that answered everything!

This is actually something we've been thinking about from the very start of writing the romance. What we originally wanted was a more realistic romance than the BioWare NPCs. This doesn't mean Jelina is perfect however (as clearly all real life relationships aren't clear sailing all the time). There is a little block in the lovetalks where she's slightly depressed and concerned at some things, and during that time you do have to supportive. However, for the most part the Jelina romance isn't 'well you're fucked in the head, and I have to sort that out before you'll sleep with me'.

As a corollary to that, another difference we wanted between Jelina's romance and the BioWare romances is that love != sex i.e. the commitment talk where you can finally say that you love her is not the talk where she'll sleep with you at the end. That comes a couple of talks later and is entirely optional if your character isn't ready yet (in which case you can bring it up later via the flirt menu if you change your mind).

As for a 'very passionate style', I think/hope we've managed to achieve that. There are many romantic situations in the mod though that doesn't mean it's all 'Immy Wimmy, Kelsey Welsey â„¢'. She's not particularly prude and can be quite passionate at times, though she's not a raging slut. Oh and by passionate I don't mean K&Z textscreens. The graphicness of descriptions is no worse than the PPG Flirt Packs.

that all sounds good. looking forward to playing this mod.

no thank you for making a new Cleric NPC, Cleric is my favourite class. or multiclasses Cleric.

Seconded. I was thinking yesterday that I wanted an all-good party, and so I needed a cleric. Aerie or Anomen? Then I remembered Jelina.

I was going to ask if one could have the option of making her a Cleric of Lathander, but then I saw the 'haven't passed the test yet' so it seems unfit to have that option.

Anyway, looking forward to it. Will she be able to wield swords? I picture her with a full-plate, shield of harmony, amulet of power and the Daystar, a Vampires worst nightmare! :)

Archived