Contagion GUI for BG2EE v2+

frostysh

Hi everyone.

I am making a new version of Contagion GUI mod, for v2+ BG2EE, because I want a comfort playtrough for myself :p, my alpha is almost ready, the only dialog box is left, but I need some help there.

K4thos, provided me with this very helpful link.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/48994/the-new-ui-system-how-to-use-it/p1,

But I have some issues with internet connection , so I cannot download such large data size with images like in the link above. I will read it in the future.

For now I have done images and changed some fonts

Baldur.lua (where saves) - SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','UI Edit Mode','1') - UI.menu - ovverride . Nearinfinity - BGEE.lua , export to override.

BGEE.lua - "styles = ", right above you will see "fontcolors = ()" , added this string

fontcolors['Y'] = '21030401' -- Contagion Gui mod Black

in the end of "styles = " column, before closing parenthesis, added this

CGuiMod = 
{
color = 'Y',
font = 'NORMAL',
point = 12,
valign = 'top',
halign = 'left',
useFontZoom = 1,
}

And the I have added in the UI.menu stuff, this text style replaced standard one in the field where I need that, the respective fields I obtain by using and in the game.

Something like that:

Number of line - 640, this is class table in Charrec menu.

text
{
enabled "showClassInfo"
area 50 182 342 412
text lua "getClassString()"
text style 'CGuiMod'
scrollbar 'GUISCRC'
}

And I have an issue - the image of the hero, is look little don't fitting into boards, after modifying GUIREC2.MOS through NearInfinity.

for_forum.jpg

And I see 4 numbers for the field "area" but I though on the 2D plane is enough 2 Axis :/ . So what is meaning of this four numbers? Is this a coordinates? How I can adjust them, to fit in hero image?

Obviously I need to understand how this coordinates works, before I will modd thos crazy dialogbox background image, and font colors...

Any other hit, advises, etc?

Thanx.

Thanx but I have already fixed those stuff by myself. In game exist somekind of crazy coord. system. The upper left corner is seems to be it's origin. But I have saw negative values, and I do not know what the hell it was.

Anyway, indeed. first two number is coordinates of the LEFT upper corner of the any stuff HORIZONTAL - VERTICAL, next two numbers is the area of thos stuff WIDTH - HEIGHT. But Have not realized yet, well - when you increasing that are, to which side the values adding, I mean if you are increasing HEIGHT the stuff increasing from up or from bottom, or from both, simultaneously, but in this case, you need to divide, I mean when you are increasing something by 1, you need to add 0,5 to up and down sides.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides to modify dialog box background, it seems to need modify BOX5.PVRZ or something, there is a few *.PVRZ with such names. I will try, I hope it will work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the any "text style" fields that I have found in the "Dialog Box" stuff, in UI.menu - but without much of success, anyway I have managed to change the background.

for_forum_BG2_EE_Dialog_Box_mod.jpg

Archived