Changes from other mods

CamDawg

Question for y'all: the Werebane dagger and Wolfsbane amulet are coded in BG2, but not used in the game. I know some other mods restore some of the other old BG1 items (i.e. Tactics restores Balduran's Cloak in a lich encounter). Does anyone know of any mods that restore these items?

Also, I'm trying to track down any and all mods that affect bards and shapeshifters to ensure that Delainy is compatible with them. I know Weimer has a shapeshifter rebalancing component in Ease-of-Use, and  aVENGER's Rogue re-balancing mod makes changes to the bard class. Can anyone think of any other mods that could apply to Delainy?

Caedwyr responded in the FWP thread that Werebane is used in aVENGER's Rogue Reblancing mod, so it's out. Wolfsbane is going to be used in another mod under development, so I guess I'm out both items.

Still, looking for any other mods that affect bards and shapeshifters.

I can't think of any mods, but I remember a sword with a bonus vs. Shapechangers (Could be from BGI but...). If Delainy's race is set to werewolf anyway, it'll probably still affect her properly, but I thought I'd point it out, just in case any NPC happens to have/use such a weapon.

I think you might get it from the former owner s the Copper Coronet, after you free the slaves. Get it from his corpse, anyway. A very minor matter in any case, but I thought I'd pipe up, since I couldn't think of anything more earth-shattering to say.  :D

Yep, the Bastard Sword +1/+3 vs Shapeshifters is already in the game; it's either on Lehtinan's corpse or given to you by Hendak as a reward. Del is coded as a lycanthrope proper, so weapons that have special effects will also work on her.

Yep, the Bastard Sword +1/+3 vs Shapeshifters is already in the game; it's either on Lehtinan's corpse or given to you by Hendak as a reward. Del is coded as a lycanthrope proper, so weapons that have special effects will also work on her.

shouldn't del say something about that sword???

"I hate that sword, charname...please get rid of it, its a disgusting weapon, i can feel the hate even when its in its scabbard...it hungers for me, it wants to rip my flesh apart and devour my soul...PLEASE!!!"

i've already mentioned this in unfinished business, but that sword has a bug...it does not do what its description says!!!

i equipped that weapon and hit the windspear hills...when i met the werewolves that are attacking the gnolls i hoped that i got a dialog box or a message like...

"Suddenly, you can feel the hilt of the Werebane growing warm...you can feel the sentient powers of the sword awaking, and you can feel the presence of werecreatures near you..."

so since this be a werewolf mod, how about writing a script so when werebane is equipped, you get a message triggering at the windspear hills about the presence of were creatures nearby??? :D  :D  :D

shouldn't del say something about that sword???

I'm torn on this one... IMHO Del doesn't need to comment since "shapeshifters" is kinda generic. I don't think any of Del's peers on werewolf island would have hesitated to use such a wepaon to attack the wolfweres. It would be like Korgan commenting about Daystar or Equalizer. Silver items are another matter since they physically hurt werewolves, and they have been commented appropriately.

so since this be a werewolf mod, how about writing a script so when werebane is equipped, you get a message triggering at the windspear hills about the presence of were creatures nearby???

This could be easily scripted. However if Delainy is in the party the blade would constantly be warm and not much of an early warning system. :D

:D  :D

MainChar: "Aha! This sword can tell me if someone is a shapeshifter!" *Walks up to random person* "You, yes you. You can't fool me, drop that cheesey disguise. I can see right through it."

Random: "Wha-?"

MainChar: "Don't try to play innocent, I can practically see the zipper." *sees another random person* "Hey, you! You're another one of those shapeshifters!"

Random2: "Excuse me?"

MainChar: "My god! Everywhere I go! The shapeshifters must have taken over the worl-"

Delainey: *Interupting* "Do you think it may be reacting to me?"

MainChar: ".............. Oh, yeah."

Pretty soon the PC will be babbling like Dradeel.

"One has lots of time for reflection while waiting for the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE WEREWOLF MONSTERS THAT CHEW YOUR TOES WHILE YOU SLEEP!!"

Hmm, that would make a good sig...

"One has lots of time for reflection while waiting for the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE WEREWOLF MONSTERS THAT CHEW YOUR TOES WHILE YOU SLEEP!!"

Or it could be that deep seated fear...Luposlipophobia...the fear of being chased by a timber wolf on a freshly waxed kitchen floor

*sighs as she misses The Far Outside*

HEY!!!!

is there dialog planned or already added for

Dradeel???!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

i mean when you get to spellhold???!!!

please say yes!!!

a dradeel dialog would be more than beyond cool, it would be funnier than snot....

:D

Archived