Mod Compatibility List for EET

Hello everyone!

simple Question:

How can I get the new Version of NTotSC installed instead of the interim Version ?

BWS knows only the "old" version.....

and Sandrah insists on the interim Version!

The first is true

The second is not true.

Sandrah wants (a) version of the mod. If you install the new one manually, she should be happy as well.

BWS will support the new version as soon as the new maintainer of the mod says so. At the moment she says that it is still under test.

Hi all. Years ago I did quite a bit of BG modding but never tried BGT. Given the release of BG EET, I thought I'd give it a crack and use Big World set up to install mods. Only issue is, my favourite NPC Fade appears to be missing from the compatability list. Strange thing is, having dug through the 'Big World Fix-pack' patch files, Fade has a folder in there.

I'm not very technically minded (at all), but is Big World set up some how out of date? Is there some way I can add the fix-pack to the Big World installer to get it to include Fade? Then again, it occured to me that those files are for normal BGII:EE and not EET and I may be talking bollocks.

Edited by Nampites

H...my favourite NPC Fade appears to be mis..

The mod is out of date, and it's not in the list of mods that are compatible with EET, so ... it's indeed in the BGT's list, but those are older as the non-EE games are 10+ years older. And the EET works only on EE games, while the BGT works only on the non-EE games(and the SoDs is required for the EET). This fact is, at least suggested, in the very first post.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Hi all. Years ago I did quite a bit of BG modding but never tried BGT. Given the release of BG EET, I thought I'd give it a crack and use Big World set up to install mods. Only issue is, my favourite NPC Fade appears to be missing from the compatability list. Strange thing is, having dug through the 'Big World Fix-pack' patch files, Fade has a folder in there.

I'm not very technically minded (at all), but is Big World set up some how out of date? Is there some way I can add the fix-pack to the Big World installer to get it to include Fade? Then again, it occured to me that those files are for normal BGII:EE and not EET and I may be talking bollocks.

Yes, this is a very sad case. I would love to have Fade in EET as well - but no chance.

Facts -

1. The Fixes in Big world fixpack are bugfixes for the old version of the mod - they are not fixes to make the mod EET compatible.

2. The mod is under control of modders that do not allow others to convert it to EET and refuse to do it themself.

Still, EET offers enough to make it worth playing even if one single NPC may not be there. Maybe you find another favourite among those you never saw before in the old game.

In what way is it not compatible? If it works for BG2EE shouldn't it work fin for EET? (In fact, isn't every pure BG2EE mod inherently compatible with EET? Does EET change anything about BG2EE?

For NPC mods: yes.

Examples are the continuous chapter numbering (BG2EE starts once more with chapter1 while EET continues from BG1/SoD with the second half of chapter13) or the ToB transition and handling of continuos NPCs in ToB and by the Fate Spirit. There are more subtle details. A lot of NPC/contents mods use the chapter references, especially when you are in Spellhold or Underdark, Scripts use it for triggers etc. You also need to take into account how the NPCs *25* files are used differently in BG2EE and EET (for NPC with ToB contents)

Even pretty simple NPCs need the function that adds a +12 to chapter references in EET. For NPC mods spanning BG1 and 2 there is also the issue of different joined and banter files etc.

All of this is not very relevant for spell/item/kit mods unless you have some changes in behaviour that use chapter progression (I know of no mod that does it?)

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27913&do=findComment&comment=242897

Edited by Roxanne

Even pretty simple NPCs need the function that adds a +12 to chapter references in EET.

This seems like something EET could/should be doing... no?

EET provides a tutorial for modders how to make their mods compatible. It can be easy or complex, I have done it for a significant number of mods and each of them is different. Sometimes all you need to add EET to the GAME_IS check, But some mods add areas, items or kits or complex cutscenes or other stuff. EET provides macros that help the modder for some standard stuff. But only a modder or maintainer can identify all the issues a mod has for EET compatibility.

Some time back agb1 did come *standard' conversions for easy to do mods and put that into BWFixpack. Many have meanwhile been adopted by modders, a few are still there (see section3 of the EET mod compatibility list).

One thing remains, if a modder does not upgrade the own mod and also forbids others to provide a compatibility fix, it does not matter if we know how it can be done and that it may be pretty easy, it is just not done.

You can't forbid others to provide a compatibility fix. :p

It just seems to me, it wouldn't be that hard for EET_end to 1) check for joinable NPCs; 2) check for scripts and dialogues associated with them (could just check for the same modder prefix); and 3) patch them to update chapter numbers in triggers