Photo

Bug reports in v30

374 replies to this topic

#361 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2535 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:00 AM

Not a bug perhaps but PCs using the SCS AI script will completely avoid attacking disabled targets, even if there are no active enemies left. 

#362 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 5881 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:10 AM

Not a bug perhaps but PCs using the SCS AI script will completely avoid attacking disabled targets, even if there are no active enemies left.

Sure yeah, but you can pause the game and target them yourself, after you have killed all the non visible enemies that the AI "can't" ever see.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.

Here's how to install all the stable mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games.

#363 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4308 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:54 AM

Yes, that's unintended and suboptimal.

#364 Shaitan

Shaitan

Bad bad nurse.

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:19 AM

A minor incovenience is the Clay Golem curse wounds, which some can't be removed without breaking the 4th wall. Will you eventually look into this if you get to release a new version DavidW? I like the idea, but somehow I think I must be able to remove it (temples/priests/scrolls).

Cheers

"You're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a ride I say take It"
-Grandpa Simpson

#365 CrevsDaak

CrevsDaak

imma lil orc now duh duh

• Modders
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:52 PM

A minor incovenience is the Clay Golem curse wounds, which some can't be removed without breaking the 4th wall. Will you eventually look into this if you get to release a new version DavidW? I like the idea, but somehow I think I must be able to remove it (temples/priests/scrolls).

Cheers

Use the Mage/Cleric spell, that one does work.

#366 Shaitan

Shaitan

Bad bad nurse.

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:50 PM

Nope, not within SR on my installation with priestclasses. What's the mage version?

"You're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a ride I say take It"
-Grandpa Simpson

#367 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4308 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

It's intended to be removed by cleric/mage spells and by the temple Remove Curse. It's clearly not working on some installs but I haven't yet got around to working out whether that's a mod incompatibility issue, a vanilla/EE issue, just a straight SCS bug, or some combination.

#368 chimaera

chimaera
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:36 AM

I've had this bug on a BG2 (gog version) / Ascension / SCS install. The golem's cursed wound is removable by the mage or cleric spell, but it is not recognized in temples as a curse.

Edited by chimaera, 03 March 2017 - 01:37 AM.

#369 Shaitan

Shaitan

Bad bad nurse.

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:38 AM

It's intended to be removed by cleric/mage spells and by the temple Remove Curse. It's clearly not working on some installs but I haven't yet got around to working out whether that's a mod incompatibility issue, a vanilla/EE issue, just a straight SCS bug, or some combination.

I play a DVD version from before GOG. I've had this issue before, but since there may be an update of SCS, you just might look into this.

Cheers 

-Grandpa Simpson

#370 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2535 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

Not a bug, but an oversight in Detectable spells - Basilisk creatures can only detect Pro Petrification cast from wizard spell, both the green scroll and Mirror eyes potion are not taken into account for their "smarter" targeting.

#371 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4308 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:43 AM

At least a sort of bug. I'll update DS.

#372 gunman

gunman
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:11 AM

I have installed SCS for BGT using Big World Setup (only basic components), and I have noticed strange behavior of hobgoblins outside Friendly Arm Inn. They seem to unequip their swords and fight with their bare hands. Anyone has encountered this?

Spoiler

#373 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2535 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:43 AM

I have installed SCS for BGT using Big World Setup (only basic components), and I have noticed strange behavior of hobgoblins outside Friendly Arm Inn. They seem to unequip their swords and fight with their bare hands. Anyone has encountered this?

Uninstall Lolfixer and try again.

#374 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 1930 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:21 AM

David, while you're here, I wonder if I could pick your brain about this seeming compatibility issue:
http://www.shsforums...rogram/page-196

It's starting with Sam's post most of the way down that page. (Sorry, the phone version of the forum software won't let me link to individual posts.) and then the discussion running onto the next page.

To briefly recap, some mods use a fu croon that adds entries to the trueclass clab tables, which contain 177 effects directed at multiclass kits. (As of EE v1.4-2.3, this is the only way for multiclass kits to get clab abilities.) there can be a lot of 177 effects if the game contains a lot of multiclass kits... but it should only be 177 effects. Also, in case it matters, the kits' clab abilities are replicated with a "#" character in the filenames.

When Sam tried to install the SCS component "make the starting dungeon slightly harder," it gave an error:
"Unable to parse %RESREF_QD_MCM03_KIT_EFFECTS_REMOVE%"
... and failed to install.

It's hard to debug because I'm not sure what SCS is actually doing here. My only two thoughts, so far, are 1) having too many 177 effects in an AP_ clab ability causes SCS to choke; or 2) SCS doesn't like "#" in the RES name of .eff files.

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

#375 Kiwi042

Kiwi042
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted Today, 04:36 AM

CTD durning encounter with party in North forest.

Tobex log: ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x84C3C1 File: ObjAnimation.cpp Line: 20514 Expression: !(m_weaponCode&MELEE_1HLR_MASK) Message: (null)

Tried it on BG2 GOG, Windows 7 x64

Attached Files

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users