errors with Divine Remix v8

Leonardo Watson

In a megamod with many kits I get this error:

ERROR: [kpchap01.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("Char.chr"))

ERROR Installing [Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  29 files for [DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2] component 109.

This is because of the wrong code at kit creation:

COPY_EXISTING ~%creature%.cre~ ~override~
      WRITE_SHORT   0x244 0
      WRITE_BYTE    0x246 "%kit%"
      WRITE_BYTE    0x247 0x40
      BUT_ONLY

As the bigg pointed out all these instances should be replaced by:

COPY_EXISTING ~%creature%.cre~ ~override~
      WRITE_SHORT   0x244 0
      WRITE_SHORT   0x246 0x4000 + "%kit%"
      BUT_ONLY

see here: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=21964
and cmorgan's post: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=21964&p=183270

The "Implement sphere system" component causes tons of errors like this with subsequent mods:

ERROR: [CERND10.CRE] -> [override/CERND10.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Druid Kit Revisions], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  78 files for [PHORD_DRUIDKITS/SETUP-PHORD_DRUIDKITS.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: cannot convert i1 or %i1% to an integer
ERROR: [#SALYS.CRE] -> [override/#SALYS.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

ERROR Installing [Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall  89 files for [RR/SETUP-RR.TP2] component 9.
ERROR: [cedruid2.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))

ERROR Installing [Store Revisions], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  69 files for [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 1030.
ERROR: [#SALYS.CRE] -> [override/#SALYS.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))

ERROR Installing [Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2] component 60.
ERROR: illegal 8-byte read from offset 3444 of 3316-byte file anomen6.cre
ERROR: [anomen6.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("anomen6.cre: read out of bounds"))

ERROR Installing [Anomen gets sensible proficiencies in SoA (Ghreyfain - CTDproof)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [SETUP-BTWEAK.TP2] component 23.
ERROR: [udardul.cre] -> [override/udardul.cre] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))

ERROR Installing [Item Pack], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 127 files for [SETUP-ITEM_PACK.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: [udphae01.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))

ERROR Installing [+X% Elemental Damage Items], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   8 files for [SETUP-ITEM_PACK.TP2] component 9.
ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 2050 of 1752-byte file NIGHTWLK.CRE
ERROR: [NIGHTWLK.CRE] -> [override/NIGHTWLK.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure ("NIGHTWLK.CRE: read out of bounds"))

ERROR Installing [1ppv4: Increased paperdoll object variety (core)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 712 files for [1PP/1PP.TP2] component 210.

... and so on. Installation of many mods and components fail if they are installed after the Implement sphere system component. For example I could not install:

RR comp 9
spell_rev comp 60
Unique Artifacts
Item_Rev comp 1030 Store Revisions
1ppv4 comp 210
Infinity Animations comp 0
IWDIFICATION comp 40 IWD Divine Spell Pack
STRATAGEMS comp 4240, 5010
Aurora comp 0

... and many, many other mods. Without the "Implement sphere system" component I could install all mods mentioned above without any error.
The errors are repeatable.

On my BGT installation, the v8 Sphere system severely corrupts creature files, not only making subsequent mod installations fail but also rendering the game all but unplayable, even a New Game will crash to desktop with it installed. I suspect the cause is the use of an out of scope variable in the function cd_spellbook_wrapup, but I am still investigating the issue.

The "Implement sphere system" component causes tons of errors like this with subsequent mods:

... and so on. Installation of many mods and components fail if they are installed after the Implement sphere system component. For example I could not install:

RR comp 9

spell_rev comp 60

Unique Artifacts

1ppv4 comp 210

Aurora comp 0

... and many, many other mods. Without the "Implement sphere system" component I could install all mods mentioned above without any error.

To be fair, IR, SR, RR, 1pp, and item mods generally should be installed before DR, not after.

RR comp 9

spell_rev comp 60

Unique Artifacts

1ppv4 comp 210

Aurora comp 0

To be fair, IR, SR, RR, 1pp, and item mods generally should be installed before DR, not after.

That SR component (adjusting spellbooks of joinable NPCs) is not coded to work with a sphere system and has a predicate that should prevent it being installed alongside DR component 0, but it looks like the component number in DR might have changed with the DR rewrite.

I'm not sure why IR's Store Revisions wouldn't work, but I'm not very familiar with it.

Archived