Ajantis BG1 Expansion Modifikation Diskussion

jastey

I'm playing and enjoying Ajantis's friendship now, however, I've got a slight issue I thought I might report:

Pre-story: I started a true neutral human female character(upon reading in the BG1 NPC romance guide that Ajantis wouldn't romance her), however I forgot that romance guide was incorrect and Ajantis indeed romances true neutral females with a high reputation. I realized it too late, however, and was able to switch off the romance just in time, after LT10(variable value=21).

So, I switched to friendship and Ajantis's dialogues have begun. But instead of going to C#AjantisPCTalk=25, as variable transfer file would suggest, I started receiving talks from the very beginning of the friendship, i.e. we got the talk about Helm again, the talk about paladin order's structure again and so on. Which is probably not what should happen, because it looks like Ajantis's got a slight memory loss. ???

I couldn't find anything wrong with the scripts, though: they are complicated, but they look fine. So I can't exactly pinpoint the source of the problem. Using BG1 NPC v18(sure of it) and Ajantis BG1 v4(I think).

Thank you for this report! Although it's rather depressing. I spent so much effort in preventing exactly this, and now it's not working! Do you remember after/ at which dialogue you told him that you are not interested?

And you are right about the wrong documentation. Funny thing is, I thought I only included druids as neutral characters. Well, guess he is not as picky as I thought!

I know it can be annoying. Sorry! I told him after "caring family dialogue"(with variable value set to 21, as I wrote above). Exact quote from .tra "Talking about our homes has made me once again realize how lucky I was to be born into such a caring family".

Thank you! I will investigate. I would be very happy if you might keep one savegame so I could check on the variables, but this won't happen before next week. EDIT. And yes, you already wrote after which LT it was. I was in a hurry, as it seems, not reading properly.

Edited by jastey

OK, now this is really weird... I had a look at the variables, and as much as I can see, the variable C#AjanFP_NoPCTalks is at 1, which means that theoretically, Ajantis shouldn't talk at all - why this variable was set I don't know, as all the trigger variables from the BG1NPC Project (including the LoveTalk number) do not fulfill the criteria. This might have prevented the right Ajantis friendship talk variable to be set (the one that would have spared you the repetitions).

But, as I said, actually you shouldn't have had any friendship talks, as there is a check for the C#AjanFP_NoPCTalks variable in every trigger block (and considering there is no OR in BG1 there are many).

So, a variable was set and I don't know why, this might have prevented the correct variable from being set, and all dialogues trigered but I don't know why. ???

I have to admit I don't know what to do with this. You don't happen to have a savegame before you killed the romance, do you? EDIT: And you would do me a great favor to look whether you really have version 4.

Edited by jastey

Alas, as I've said, I only have one save file - I overwrite all the time. I think I had v4: at least it's in my BG2 mods directory with lots of other mods and versions - but it's not installed now because I've completed the game and gone to finish my Planescape:Torment run.

I'm sorry that I can't explain it, either: I can only relay what happened in my playthrough. I guess not many people stopped the romance so late(after LT10, anyway). If I may guess, it may have something to do with OUTER_SPRINT variables(never trusted those, anyway), so the installed files would look different from the ones in the mod. But it's just a guess.

To actually have a look at the compiled files is a good idea. I trust the OUTER_SPRINT, though, made good experience with it in BGQE and also here. The variables in question are not compiled via OUTER_SPRINT anyway, it's only the things that differ in BG1 and BGII engines (like no real timers in BG1, and no StartDialogNoSet() I like to use for Tutu/BGT).

I will have to investigate this further by installing and playing, I guess. If I look at the bafs I can't explain what happened. Thank you again for the report!

Looked through the tra-files for v5 and found the following typos. Some errors in Ajantis_friendship_d.tra was already corrected in AjantisLTs.tra and I have used those corrections below.

Ajantis_friendship_d.tra:

@133 = ~I agree with "you will never rule a country". The rest I didn't listen carefully enough.~

listen carefully -> listen to carefully

@284 = ~You mean because I'm a thief?! Do you think I am not a <PRO_MANWOMAN> of honor just because I'm a thief?! Ajantis, we've spent some time together, and you've seen me working; havn't you noticed I only use my talents to *avoid* fights and to solve conflicts without bloodshed?!~

havn't -> haven't

@393 = ~At this time and for an age afterwards, many battles were fought. Orcs, trolls and other fell beasts threatened the human settlements. It was around 950 in Dale Reckoning when a mage called Ahghairon became special advisor to Waterdeep's Warlord of that time. It was Ahghairon's magic that lead to a great victory over the assailants.~

-> At this time, and for an age afterwards, many battles were fought. Orcs, trolls and other fell beasts threatened the human settlements. It was around 950 in Dale Reckoning, that a mage called Ahghairon became special advisor to Waterdeep's Warlord of that time. It was Ahghairon's magic that led to a great victory over the assailants.

@395 = ~From that time, on we have had a different way of counting the years than elsewhere in the North. It is called Northreckoning, and it starts with Ahghairon becoming the first Open Lord of Waterdeep. In Dale Reckoning, this would be the year 1032.~

time, on we -> time on we

@396 = ~Once, when the Guild masters have taken over the city by brutally killing the majority of the Lords. It had only been ninety-five years since the surviving Lords beat them back. Waterdeep has been guided by their collective will ever since.~

-> Once, the Guild masters took over the city by brutally killing the majority of the Lords. It has only been ninety-five years since the surviving Lords beat them back. Waterdeep has been guided by their collective will ever since.

@465 = ~Would you take a look at my family shield, <CHARNAME>? This is our coat of arms: a dragon with metallic green body and orange eyes, on a golden field. You might think that this belongs to a proud knight's family, and it was made to terrify Ilvastarrs' foes in battle. And yet it is the result of the artistic aspirations of my great-grandfather.~

@466 = ~ Would you take a look at my family coat of arms here on my surcoat: a dragon with metallic green body and orange eyes, on a golden field. You might think that this belongs to a proud knight's family, and it was made to terrify Ilvastarrs' foes in battle. And yet it is the result of the artistic aspirations of my great-grandfather.~

Ilvastarrs' -> Ilvastarr's

@530 = ~How do you console someone who'd seen <PRO_HISHER> beloved father slaughtered? Help me find the ones responsible for his murder. It would make his death easier to bear.~

who'd -> who has

@551 = ~Well, thinking about it, I had little contact with the kids of my own age except for Imoen. But there were nice people around: Dreppin, the stable master, Fuller, the commander of Candlekeep Guard, and Hull, one of the guards. Then there was Phylidia, the mage whose absent-mindedness was well known, and of course Winthrop, the jolly innkeeper.~

@558 = ~As you wish. Thinking about it, I had little contact with the kids of my own age, except for Imoen. But there were nice people around: Dreppin, the stable master, Fuller, the commander of Candlekeep Guard, and Hull, one of the guards. Then there was Phylidia, the mage whose absent-mindedness was well known, and of course Winthrop, the jolly innkeeper.~

Phylidia -> Phlydia

@617 = ~Have a look at my sword, <CHARNAME>. It is maintained properly, as I take great care for it. What use will our weapons be if we do not maintain them properly? I am keeping to Helm's dogma: 'Care for your weapons, so they may perform their duties when called upon'.~

care for it -> care of it

@705 = ~It is a wide spread conspiracy, poisoning the whole land. I am glad that we combined forces to stop these monsters.~

wide spread -> widespread

@735 = ~When this is over, and should I still be alive, I will travel back to the headquarters of the Order of the Radiant Heart, to Amn. That is where my mentor, Sir Keldorn Firecam, is stationed. I will return in the hope to have gained my honor to become a knight.~

hope to have gained my honor -> hope of having gained the honor

@737 = ~Although I could not agree to all of your decisions, I know we are doing the right thing.~

to -> with

ajantisbhaallts.tra:

@96 = ~All right, Ajantis, I will answer to your question.~

answer to your -> answer your

AjantisLTs.tra:

@403 = ~Would you take a look at my family shield, lady <CHARNAME>? This is our coat of arms: A dragon with a metallic green body and orange eyes on a golden field. You might think that this belonged to a proud knight's family, and was made to terrify Ilvastarrs' foes in battle. And yet it is the result of the artistic aspirations of my great-grandfather.~

@404 = ~Would you take a look at my family coat of arms here on my surcoat: A dragon with a metallic green body and orange eyes on a golden field. You might think that this belonged to a proud knight's family, and was made to terrify Ilvastarrs' foes in battle. And yet it is the result of the artistic aspirations of my great-grandfather.~

Ilvastarrs' -> Ilvastarr's

@470 = ~*pass your palm over your eyes* How do you console a daughter who'd seen her beloved father slaughtered? Help me find the ones responsible for his murder. It would make his death easier to bear.~

who'd -> who has

@491 = ~Well, thinking about it, I had little contact with the kids of my own age except for Imoen. But there were nice people around: Dreppin, the stable master, Fuller, the commander of Candlekeep Guard, and Hull, one of the guards. Then there was Phylidia, the mage whose absent-mindedness was well known, and of course Winthrop, the jolly innkeeper.~

@498 = ~As you wish. Thinking about it, I had little contact with kids my own age, except for Imoen. But there were nice people around: Dreppin, the stable master, Fuller, the commander of Candlekeep Guard, and Hull, one of the guards. Then there was Phylidia, the mage whose absent-mindedness was well known, and of course Winthrop, the jolly innkeeper.~

Phylidia -> Phlydia

AjantisLTs_Add.tra:

@69 = ~My lady... <CHARNAME>, is it really your wish to wear this strange belt, with it's... consequences? I hope you don't mind if I will address you as "my lady" nonetheless... But, forgive my direct words, I would prefer you get it removed as soon as possible.~

@70 = ~My love... <CHARNAME>, is it really your wish to wear this strange belt, with it's... consequences? How should I call you now, is "my lady" still appropriate? This is confusing me to no end... If I may say so, I would prefer you get it removed as soon as possible.~

it's -> its

AjantisPC_PID.tra:

@3833 = ~*You talk about Ajantis's problems and hopes, in a friendly and kind manner, in hopes of making Ajantis confide in you.*~

Ajantis's -> Ajantis'

@3925 = ~This is outrageous. We are treated like murderers! We have to proof the righteousness of our actions!~

proof -> prove

@3940 = ~I belong to a noble family of Ilvastarr of Waterdeep. I joined the Order of the Radiant Heart as a squire and studied my swordsmanship under Mrymith Splendon himself! I am now on the road to fight battles with evil and quench this land of foul creatures we may cross. I hope that this way I may prove to the Order that I am deserving of becoming a full-fledged member!~

to a noble -> to the noble, Mrymith -> Myrmith

@3949 = ~I studied my swordsmanship under Mrymith Splendon himself!~

Mrymith -> Myrmith

AjantisPCiniflirts.tra:

@105 = ~*On Ajantis' face is a stern expression of concentration and vigilance, almost making him appear to be frowning. His skin is taned from all the time spent outside, and his shaving is flawless.*~

taned -> tanned

@120 = ~*Ajantis' winces slightly at your touch, although waiting motionless until you have finished.*~

@121 = ~*Ajantis' frowns at your touch, although waiting motionless until you have finished.*~

@123 = ~*Ajantis' lowers his head so you can reach better, looking away.*~

Ajantis' -> Ajantis

@158 = ~That would be great, Ajantis. Let me take off the back pack...~

@162 = ~Is it too much bother if I ask you for a massage now, Ajantis? Let me take off the back pack...~

@169 = ~Ah, putting down my back pack for a few minutes will do the job.~

@175 = ~It would be my pleasure, my lady. Unfortunately, my back pack is rather full itself... I am afraid we have to move on to the next resting place. Maybe we could exchange some of the things we carry.~

@178 = ~*Ajantis doesn't comment on your suggestion, but waits with a rigid expression until you pick up your back pack and continue moving.*~

@179 = ~*Ajantis helps you to take off your back pack and starts massaging your shoulders and back firmly.* I will try to ease your pain, my lady. Let me start... Where is it hurting, here? Your muscles are very tense, my lady. I am sure it will be better shortly.~

@180 = ~*Ajantis helps you to take off your back pack and starts massaging your shoulders and back firmly.* Let me do this in silence, my lady, and try to use the moment to relax.~

@181 = ~*Ajantis helps you to take off your back pack and starts massaging your shoulders and back firmly.* It took me some time to get used to all the carrying of heavy equipment, my lady. You get used to it, in the end.~

@182 = ~*Ajantis helps you to take off your back pack and starts massaging your shoulders and back firmly.* Your shoulders are very graceful compared to my usual comrades, my lady... No wonder carrying such heavy equipment makes your back hurt.~

@288 = ~*Ajantis helps you take off your back pack and massages your shoulders and back firmly.* Your back is so slender and graceful, and yet so strong... I am sure you will feel better in a moment.~

back pack -> backpack

@223 = ~I am exausted... We should take a small rest to gather our strength, my love.~

@225 = ~I am tired, my love. It has been a long day, and we are exausted. Let us rest, and prepare for tomorrow.~

exausted -> exhausted

BG_Interjections.tra:

@3 = ~The family is allright, at least when I left them. Eila is turning into a young lady now, Sir squire, you would be surprised if you would see her.~

allright -> all right

Setup-AjantisBG1.tra:

@12 = ~Engagement ring

This is your engagement ring Ajantis gave to you. The ring is Ilvastarr family treasure. It is ornamented in rather a plain way, with only a few elaborate decorations around a light-blue gem.~

-> This is your engagement ring that Ajantis gave to you. The ring is an Ilvastarr family treasure. It is ornamented in a rather plain way, with only a few elaborate decorations around a light-blue gem.

@16 = ~Please choose a portrait:

[14] Portrait 14 by Catlepha (front phased portrait)

[15] Portrait 15 by Catlepha (side phased portrait)

@33 = ~Portrait 14 by Catlepha (front phased portrait) installed.~

@34 = ~Portrait 15 by Catlepha (side phased portrait) installed.~

phased -> faced?