Audio not installing

Beetle

The audio for Tyris Flare is not installing for me. Given the error message, I sure it's due to my older-than-dirt computer and the mod, but I'm hoping somebody can give me a work around.

When I install the mod, I get

Too Many Parameters - /Audio

Bad Command or File Name

Too Many Parameters - /..

I got the same message after trying the audio install in the Audio folder. I also got it after truncating all the file names - my game is currently located at D:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA so I changed it to D:\BI\BGII but that didn't help.

Any ideas on how to get the audio to install?

Hmmm... that's interesting.

I'll look into this but here's a workaround for the time being. Install the mod. Download the attachment, unzip it and drop it your BGII/TyrisFlare/Audio/ogg folder. Now run AudioUnpack.bat. It'll whir and buzz and soon you'll have all the .wav files in your Audio/ogg folder. Then copy them into your override folder.

AudioUnpack.zip

My bet is the audio.bat, then. Way back in the day, Macready's first stuff had some oddities on my machine because of .bat scripting with spaces in the internal names, or some such. It meant a slight revamp of the audio.bat to conform to the file naming conventions and command line calls understood by '98.

Archived