Problem with Edwin

Guest Fennek

I can confirm this.

With Kivan v12, I had this indeed. With installs without Kivan this has never occured for me.

The bug shows itself after Edwin has...

turned into Edwina.

When he has been in that state for not very long, each rest outside starts to produce a crash. Resting indoors works fine.

Kicking Edwin out of the group "solves" it.

I'm also 99% sure that kicking Kivan out of the group did not make a difference (the game still crashed).

I'm also 99% sure that kicking Kivan out of the group did not make a difference (the game still crashed).

On second thought, make that a 100%, as I don't think Kivan was even in the group when this happened.

One of the challenge any NPC modder faces is that they have to write the mod so that it doesn't break the game if somebody installs the mod and doesn't recruit the NPC. The thought is "Why would anybody bother wasting valuable time downloading a mod they didn't intend to play?" But it happens. People build installations for future playthroughs, not just their current one, and next time, they may bring other NPCs. It isn't a bad idea to have a group of beta-testers install the mod and then never recruit the NPC, just to make sure that nothing breaks.

This is one of those times when that would have been helpful, because the bug is still there. It's on my "fix it" list for my upcoming mod-revision weekend. Hopefully, it'll be this one... if we don't get more snow. We shouldn't. Last weekend was a fluke.

Anyway, this one was caused by Kivan and it would *only* happen if Kivan wasn't in the party at the time. So, yeah, it's getting updated.

Archived