Bugs and typos for v14

hook71

The folders below seem identical. Should one of the folders in the pairs be removed?

tob\banters\kivanofshilmista-kulyoktiax and tob\banters\kivan-kulyoktiax

tob\banters\kivanofshilmista-kulyokxan and tob\banters\kivan-kulyokxan

Also found some potential typos.

soa\banters\alassa-goo_banters.d:

~Gozaloth, what's happenning to you? You're not floating any more!~

happenning -> happening

~(Edwin summons an otyguh to join in.)~

otyguh -> otyugh

soa\banters\amber-keto_banters:

~Hmm, I wonder if we'll see any bears out here. Have you heard story of how the bear lost his long tail?~

heard story -> heard the story

soa\banters\amber-kulyokxan_banters.d:

~We will get through this, Xan. We will get through everything, and carve our own fates. And *then* you will see I that was right.~

I that -> that I

soa\banters\auren-kivanofshilmista_banters.d:

~I'm afraid it's a longer story than that, sir. I actually ended up leaving home my first time when I was fourteen, and you could say that is quite young in human years. My parents were not too keen on me leaving the safety of Beregost to go adventure. It wasnt until I was eighteen that I returned briefly to Beregost and then left again.~

wasnt -> wasn't

~Some choice one makes haunt him forever. We were happy in Shilmista, but a few odd glances, and I decided that we ought to leave. If I was not so rush, a life would not have been lost.~

rush -> rushed

soa\banters\fade-tsujatha_banters.d:

~Ouch. Well, at least he didn’t try to sell you. (She shrugs.) Come on. Lets get going. Such talk is... well, you know.~

Lets -> Let's

soa\banters\gavin-haldamir_banters.d:

~[GAVIN] Perhaps, but the Morning Lord teaches us that it is possible for all peoples to live in harmony, and that greater understanding is the key that unlocks a peceful future. So why don't you tell me about your ways so I can understand you better.~

peceful -> peaceful

soa\banters\jasteyajantis-kulyokcoran_banters.d:

~A game of Ball? Here? Now? Coran, you should know better than to propose a game of Ball to a paldin of Helm on duty.~

paldin -> paladin

~(sigh) That answer was more than predictable. Allright, look at it like this: You could see it as a training. Catching the ball improves your reflexes - surely your mentor did teach you this.~

Allright -> All right

~Coran, singing I can tolerate, even at three hours in the morning. But horrible screeching that came out the other night was an offence to all minstrels everywhere.~

But horrible -> But the horrible

~You wound me, comrade. Those were two brethren of your Order, heading for Matzica in the morning!~

Matzica -> Maztica

~...I pity the Matzican Prelate already.~

Matzican -> Maztican

soa\banters\jasteyajantis-kulyokxan_banters.d:

~But isn't this true, Ajantis? The Order's goal is to upheld goodness and law. Each case of injustice, each murder, each tear is on the Order's conscience. It's either accepting all responsibility for all evil in Athkatla, or giving up.~

upheld -> uphold

~(sigh) Too bad I am not a tall muscled warrior. Then I could have an excuse and approach her seven times for day, as some do.~

for -> a

soa\banters\kido-tsujatha_banters.d:

~Ah, but he is also the current of god of murder. Something which suits you, doesn't it?~

current of god -> current god

~Don't worry, you very subtle, but I've got my contacts. (Kido as always grins.)~

you -> you're

~Oh no, Cyric wouldn't destroy me. He's got more sense then that. Of course his Clerics have inner struggles, that I give you. However, he does not destroy his loved ones, and I am sure I am one those.~

then -> than

~Neither am I to be dear to you, nor did I ask you to answer my question with a question from you side. Thus, answer my question straightforward.~

you side -> your side

soa\banters\kivanofshilmista-solaufein_banters.d:

~I envy you, Kivan, I envy you even that very plight and torment of yours that makes you a subject of other's surfacers' pity. All of you surfacers wear your hearts on your sleeve, even the most reclusive ones, like you. Your every action betrays your passions. And you think nothing of it. Yet, it's a precious right.~

other's -> other

~One part of the surface culture that I think my people where wise to discard is this herbal brew obsession of your kin. Doubtlessly this potion's taste is a worthwhile rival to its horrendous appearance and aroma. What is it and why do you want me to imbibe the foul liquid?~

where -> were

~The rebellious drow must be weeded out and all who impugn the faith must perish. Lolth never forgets offences. She dwells on them and invents ever crueler ways to exact her revenge on the deviants. T he Spider Queen does not let go... Kiaransalee might rebel against Lolth's power, but vengeance is as much an aspect of the Spider Queen as that of the Vengeful Banshee herself. (Quietly.) Or Sheverash.~

T he -> The

Sheverash -> Shevarash

~When one truly looks inward he sees the same thing than when he looks outward – nature itself.~

than -> as

soa\banters\kivanofshilmista-yasraena_banters.d:

~You think that Divalir did not survive his sheltering of me, do not you?~

do not you -> do you not

~That I do not know, but as long as I hear no ill about you, and there is no evidence of treachery I will not move against you. But I will be watching, as Sheverash wills me to.~

Sheverash -> Shevarash

~An elf that lives amongst the drow is worst than a drow. How can anyone willingly betray his own kin and--~

worst -> worse

~Because you are not a drow, Yasraena. You are an Ilythiri... a Mori’quendi... not a drow.~

Ilythiri -> Ilythiiri

~Yasraena, if you help me gather some blooms and I will start one for you.~

blooms and I -> blooms I

soa\banters\saerileth-tsujatha_banters.d:

2x ~Wilt thou tell me more her then, if not of what she is to thee?~

more her -> more of her

soa\banters\sarah-kulyokxan_banters.d:

~(Sarah points to the clasp of her cloak.) It belonged to my father. He followed Meilikki, and so do I.~

Meilikki -> Mielikki

soa\banters\tsujatha-yasraena_banters.d:

~I do not presume to know you, Tsujatha. It was for this that I limited to my words to that which anyone can see.~

limited to my -> limited my

soa\interjections\keto_interjections.d:

~WWell, they've certainly made fools out of us. Usually slavers don't know how to do more than crack a whip. Yet, here we are, one companion short and without a single clue to follow.~

WWell -> Well

soa\interjections\gavin-todg_interjections.d:

~He didn't force me to lie with her, but she had her hands places I didn't want them to be.~

He -> She

~Well, that certainly gives me somthing to think about... probably in more detail than my composure can endure.~

somthing -> something

soa\interjections\haldamir-todg_interjections.d:

~And I thought Athkatla was strange. For all its otherworldly beauty, this is place chills my blood.~

this is place -> this place

tob\banters\hubelpot-iylos_banters.d:

~Food? A war erupts about us, and all you can think of is food, Hublepot? Surely there are more pressing matters to consider?~

Hublepot -> Hubelpot

~How not? I grant that we need to eat, and I am grateful for your, ah, willingess to cook; but would it not be better to prepare some plain meal each night and spend the rest of your time preparing for the following day?~

willingess -> willingness

tob\banters\iylos-kivanofshilmista_banters.d:

~Kivan, you worship the God Sheverash, do you not?~

~Is it true Sheverash wishes all Drow dead? I have long wondered whether this was the case, or if it was rather the inane spoutings of his followers.~

~It was not I who chose to live in the Monastery, follower of Sheverash; I was raised there from a babe. Monastic training was required of us. As soon as I became an adult, I left the monastery, and wandered Faerun for several years, attempting to discern my purpose in the world. I returned to Amkethran, but I found the lifestyle, as you said - too busy, and far, far too complacent. I left once more, to wander the desert.~

Sheverash -> Shevarash

== BP#Kiv25 IF ~!InParty("Solaufein") !InParty("sola") !InParty("Yasraena")~ THEN ~My Lord's pain is my pain, just like mine was his once when he awoke me.~

Should it be Solafein like in the other checks?

tob\banters\iylos-tashia_banters.d:

~Delusion?! is a Bhaalspawn, Tashia, a product of evil! My dislike of is founded upon-~

->

~Delusion?! <CHARNAME> is a Bhaalspawn, Tashia, a product of evil! My dislike of <PRO_HIMHER> is founded upon-~

~Your dislike of is founded upon nothing, Iylos. Zilch. And you know it. So why continue to dislike <PRO_HIMHER>?~

->

~Your dislike of <PRO_HIMHER> is founded upon nothing, Iylos. Zilch. And you know it. So why continue to dislike <PRO_HIMHER>?~

tob\banters\kido-tsujatha_banters.d:

~Well, if it will push your attention elsewhere, I will answer you. I do not care for what happens with the Throne of Bhaal. It is 's ultimate choice. I know what I would do, were the choice mine, but will choose for self. And has already far more trouble than needs: you.~

->

~Well, if it will push your attention elsewhere, I will answer you. I do not care for what happens with the Throne of Bhaal. It is <CHARNAME>'s ultimate choice. I know what I would do, were the choice mine, but <PRO_HESHE> will choose for <PRO_HIMHER>self. And <PRO_HESHE> has already far more trouble than <PRO_HESHE> needs: you.~

~Well, that was a very unsastifising conversation. However, I will put you on the neutral list then.~

unsastifising -> unsatisfying

~I presume you speak of 's fate, the divinity which pursues her.~

's -> <CHARNAME>'s

~Well, that was a very sastifising conversation. It seems that we will stand side by side in the end.~

sastifising -> satisfying

~I indeed dance with my muse, and that fills with me glee. Besides, my dear Tsujatha, I can force death to my will as well. The necromatic arts are not out of my league. Study them I can; cast them I can. However, do you know all that is dark on Toril? No, you do not. That is where I am greater than you. However, at a great number of points we are alike. That we differ at small points matters not. I do not see brothers always being totally alike, do you?~

with me -> me with

tob\banters\kivanofshilmista-solaufein_banters.d:

~I envy you, Kivan, I envy you even that very plight and torment of yours that makes you a subject of other's surfacers' pity. All of you surfacers wear your hearts on your sleeve, even the most reclusive ones, like you. Your every action betrays your passions. And you think nothing of it. Yet, it's a precious right.~

other's -> other

~When one truly looks inward he sees the same thing than when he looks outward – nature itself.~

than -> as

tob\banters\kivanofshilmista-yasraena_banters.d:

~Because you are not a drow, Yasraena. You are an Ilythiri... a Mori’quendi... not a drow.~

Ilythiri -> Ilythiiri

blooms and I -> blooms I

tob\banters\saerileth-yasraena_banters.d:

~His house stands high among the Elves of Suldanesselar, yes.~

Suldanesselar -> Suldanessellar

I just downloaded v14, checked the folders, and they definitely contain different(and correct) files. Do not ask to remove banters again, please, if you can. Tends to makes modders nervous.

(Can't read "spoiler" tags on this forum for some reason, so I can't comment about that).

OK thought something was wrong since in my download (Windows version) they are identical. Will not pursue the issue so that no one is unduly worried by this...

Here are my potential typos unspoilered:

soa\banters\alassa-goo_banters.d:

~Gozaloth, what's happenning to you? You're not floating any more!~

happenning -> happening

~(Edwin summons an otyguh to join in.)~

otyguh -> otyugh

soa\banters\amber-keto_banters:

~Hmm, I wonder if we'll see any bears out here. Have you heard story of how the bear lost his long tail?~

heard story -> heard the story

soa\banters\amber-kulyokxan_banters.d:

~We will get through this, Xan. We will get through everything, and carve our own fates. And *then* you will see I that was right.~

I that -> that I

soa\banters\auren-kivanofshilmista_banters.d:

~I'm afraid it's a longer story than that, sir. I actually ended up leaving home my first time when I was fourteen, and you could say that is quite young in human years. My parents were not too keen on me leaving the safety of Beregost to go adventure. It wasnt until I was eighteen that I returned briefly to Beregost and then left again.~

wasnt -> wasn't

~Some choice one makes haunt him forever. We were happy in Shilmista, but a few odd glances, and I decided that we ought to leave. If I was not so rush, a life would not have been lost.~

rush -> rushed

soa\banters\fade-tsujatha_banters.d:

~Ouch. Well, at least he didn’t try to sell you. (She shrugs.) Come on. Lets get going. Such talk is... well, you know.~

Lets -> Let's

soa\banters\gavin-haldamir_banters.d:

~[GAVIN] Perhaps, but the Morning Lord teaches us that it is possible for all peoples to live in harmony, and that greater understanding is the key that unlocks a peceful future. So why don't you tell me about your ways so I can understand you better.~

peceful -> peaceful

soa\banters\jasteyajantis-kulyokcoran_banters.d:

~A game of Ball? Here? Now? Coran, you should know better than to propose a game of Ball to a paldin of Helm on duty.~

paldin -> paladin

~(sigh) That answer was more than predictable. Allright, look at it like this: You could see it as a training. Catching the ball improves your reflexes - surely your mentor did teach you this.~

Allright -> All right

~Coran, singing I can tolerate, even at three hours in the morning. But horrible screeching that came out the other night was an offence to all minstrels everywhere.~

But horrible -> But the horrible

~You wound me, comrade. Those were two brethren of your Order, heading for Matzica in the morning!~

Matzica -> Maztica

~...I pity the Matzican Prelate already.~

Matzican -> Maztican

soa\banters\jasteyajantis-kulyokxan_banters.d:

~But isn't this true, Ajantis? The Order's goal is to upheld goodness and law. Each case of injustice, each murder, each tear is on the Order's conscience. It's either accepting all responsibility for all evil in Athkatla, or giving up.~

upheld -> uphold

~(sigh) Too bad I am not a tall muscled warrior. Then I could have an excuse and approach her seven times for day, as some do.~

for -> a

soa\banters\kido-tsujatha_banters.d:

~Ah, but he is also the current of god of murder. Something which suits you, doesn't it?~

current of god -> current god

~Don't worry, you very subtle, but I've got my contacts. (Kido as always grins.)~

you -> you're

~Oh no, Cyric wouldn't destroy me. He's got more sense then that. Of course his Clerics have inner struggles, that I give you. However, he does not destroy his loved ones, and I am sure I am one those.~

then -> than

~Neither am I to be dear to you, nor did I ask you to answer my question with a question from you side. Thus, answer my question straightforward.~

you side -> your side

soa\banters\kivanofshilmista-solaufein_banters.d:

other's -> other

~One part of the surface culture that I think my people where wise to discard is this herbal brew obsession of your kin. Doubtlessly this potion's taste is a worthwhile rival to its horrendous appearance and aroma. What is it and why do you want me to imbibe the foul liquid?~

where -> were

~The rebellious drow must be weeded out and all who impugn the faith must perish. Lolth never forgets offences. She dwells on them and invents ever crueler ways to exact her revenge on the deviants. T he Spider Queen does not let go... Kiaransalee might rebel against Lolth's power, but vengeance is as much an aspect of the Spider Queen as that of the Vengeful Banshee herself. (Quietly.) Or Sheverash.~

T he -> The

Sheverash -> Shevarash

than -> as

soa\banters\kivanofshilmista-yasraena_banters.d:

~You think that Divalir did not survive his sheltering of me, do not you?~

do not you -> do you not

~That I do not know, but as long as I hear no ill about you, and there is no evidence of treachery I will not move against you. But I will be watching, as Sheverash wills me to.~

Sheverash -> Shevarash

~An elf that lives amongst the drow is worst than a drow. How can anyone willingly betray his own kin and--~

worst -> worse

Ilythiri -> Ilythiiri

blooms and I -> blooms I

soa\banters\saerileth-tsujatha_banters.d:

2x ~Wilt thou tell me more her then, if not of what she is to thee?~

more her -> more of her

soa\banters\sarah-kulyokxan_banters.d:

~(Sarah points to the clasp of her cloak.) It belonged to my father. He followed Meilikki, and so do I.~

Meilikki -> Mielikki

soa\banters\tsujatha-yasraena_banters.d:

~I do not presume to know you, Tsujatha. It was for this that I limited to my words to that which anyone can see.~

limited to my -> limited my

soa\interjections\keto_interjections.d:

~WWell, they've certainly made fools out of us. Usually slavers don't know how to do more than crack a whip. Yet, here we are, one companion short and without a single clue to follow.~

WWell -> Well

soa\interjections\gavin-todg_interjections.d:

~He didn't force me to lie with her, but she had her hands places I didn't want them to be.~

He -> She

~Well, that certainly gives me somthing to think about... probably in more detail than my composure can endure.~

somthing -> something

soa\interjections\haldamir-todg_interjections.d:

~And I thought Athkatla was strange. For all its otherworldly beauty, this is place chills my blood.~

this is place -> this place

tob\banters\hubelpot-iylos_banters.d:

~Food? A war erupts about us, and all you can think of is food, Hublepot? Surely there are more pressing matters to consider?~

Hublepot -> Hubelpot

~How not? I grant that we need to eat, and I am grateful for your, ah, willingess to cook; but would it not be better to prepare some plain meal each night and spend the rest of your time preparing for the following day?~

willingess -> willingness

tob\banters\iylos-kivanofshilmista_banters.d:

~Kivan, you worship the God Sheverash, do you not?~

~Is it true Sheverash wishes all Drow dead? I have long wondered whether this was the case, or if it was rather the inane spoutings of his followers.~

~It was not I who chose to live in the Monastery, follower of Sheverash; I was raised there from a babe. Monastic training was required of us. As soon as I became an adult, I left the monastery, and wandered Faerun for several years, attempting to discern my purpose in the world. I returned to Amkethran, but I found the lifestyle, as you said - too busy, and far, far too complacent. I left once more, to wander the desert.~

Sheverash -> Shevarash

== BP#Kiv25 IF ~!InParty("Solaufein") !InParty("sola") !InParty("Yasraena")~ THEN ~My Lord's pain is my pain, just like mine was his once when he awoke me.~

tob\banters\iylos-tashia_banters.d:

~Delusion?! is a Bhaalspawn, Tashia, a product of evil! My dislike of is founded upon-~

->

~Delusion?! <CHARNAME> is a Bhaalspawn, Tashia, a product of evil! My dislike of <PRO_HIMHER> is founded upon-~

~Your dislike of is founded upon nothing, Iylos. Zilch. And you know it. So why continue to dislike <PRO_HIMHER>?~

->

~Your dislike of <PRO_HIMHER> is founded upon nothing, Iylos. Zilch. And you know it. So why continue to dislike <PRO_HIMHER>?~

tob\banters\kido-tsujatha_banters.d:

~Well, if it will push your attention elsewhere, I will answer you. I do not care for what happens with the Throne of Bhaal. It is 's ultimate choice. I know what I would do, were the choice mine, but will choose for self. And has already far more trouble than needs: you.~

->

~Well, if it will push your attention elsewhere, I will answer you. I do not care for what happens with the Throne of Bhaal. It is <CHARNAME>'s ultimate choice. I know what I would do, were the choice mine, but <PRO_HESHE> will choose for <PRO_HIMHER>self. And <PRO_HESHE> has already far more trouble than <PRO_HESHE> needs: you.~

~Well, that was a very unsastifising conversation. However, I will put you on the neutral list then.~

unsastifising -> unsatisfying

~I presume you speak of 's fate, the divinity which pursues her.~

's -> <CHARNAME>'s

~Well, that was a very sastifising conversation. It seems that we will stand side by side in the end.~

sastifising -> satisfying

~I indeed dance with my muse, and that fills with me glee. Besides, my dear Tsujatha, I can force death to my will as well. The necromatic arts are not out of my league. Study them I can; cast them I can. However, do you know all that is dark on Toril? No, you do not. That is where I am greater than you. However, at a great number of points we are alike. That we differ at small points matters not. I do not see brothers always being totally alike, do you?~

with me -> me with

tob\banters\kivanofshilmista-solaufein_banters.d:

other's -> other

than -> as

tob\banters\kivanofshilmista-yasraena_banters.d:

Ilythiri -> Ilythiiri

blooms and I -> blooms I

tob\banters\saerileth-yasraena_banters.d:

~His house stands high among the Elves of Suldanesselar, yes.~

Suldanesselar -> Suldanessellar

wait a sec...

Edit: OK, this one needs some research. I have

InParty("SOLAUFEIN") InParty("SOLA")

and

InParty("SOLAFEIN") InParty("SOLA")

showing up in random existing mods.

Weimer-SolaufeinMod-v104 ""Solaufein Romance Mod Pack" uses "SOLA" as a DV. So does v3, and v1.

Jolyth's "Baldur's Gate II Flirt Pack for the Original Solaufein Romance Modification Pack" Version 1.1 does not modify that.

But K'aeloree's work definitely expects a mod to have either "Solaufein" or "Solafein", hence the OR(). I'd better go check the big "TC" mods for other joiinable sSolaufeins.

I will track down the correct secondary DV - I assume someone made an update or a flirtpack or a competing version or something - my memory is failing on this one.

Rechecked the duplicate files question by checking v13/14 with WinMerge and looking at the .tp2, just in case I messed something up in the renaming for v15.

tob\banters\kivanofshilmista-kulyoktiax and tob\banters\kivanofshilmista-kulyokxan are both present and called by the .tp2 in v13/14

tob\banters\kivan-kulyoktiax and tob\banters\kivan-kulyokxan are present in v13/14, but they are identical to the above pair (and internal files are identical internally as well as by name). They are not called at all by the .tp2 for installation.

I am confirming that v15 has complete content from those files in place in the naming convention found in-project and the .tp2 calls here:

// Kivan-Kulyok's Tiax Material
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~bp#kiv25.dlg~ AND FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~o#tiax25.dlg~
THEN BEGIN
	PRINT @270 /* Adding ToB banters between Kivan of Shilmista and Kulyok's Tiax... */
	APPEND_OUTER ~crossmodbg2/crossmod_1_debug.log~ ~Adding ToB banters between Kivan of Shilmista and Kulyok's Tiax...~
	COMPILE ~crossmodbg2/tob/banters/tob_KivanOfShilmista-kulyoktiax/tob_KivanOfShilmista-kulyoktiax_banters.d~
END ELSE BEGIN
	PRINT @271 /* bp#kiv25.dlg and/or o#tiax25.dlg not detected. Skipping these particular ToB banters. */
	APPEND_OUTER ~crossmodbg2/crossmod_1_debug.log~ ~bp#kiv25.dlg and/or o#tiax25.dlg not detected. Skipping these particular ToB banters.~
END

// Kivan of Shilmista-Kulyok's Xan Material
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~bp#kiv25.dlg~ AND FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~o#xan25.dlg~
THEN BEGIN
	PRINT @272 /* Adding ToB banters between Kivan of Shilmista and Kulyok's Xan... */
	APPEND_OUTER ~crossmodbg2/crossmod_1_debug.log~ ~Adding ToB banters between Kivan of Shilmista and Kulyok's Xan...~
	COMPILE ~crossmodbg2/tob/banters/tob_kivanofshilmista-kulyokxan/tob_kivanofshilmista-kulyokxan_banters.d~
	EXTEND_BOTTOM ~o#xan25s.bcs~ ~crossmodbg2/tob/banters/tob_kivanofshilmista-kulyokxan/kivanofshilmista-kulyokxan_o#xan25s.baf~
END ELSE BEGIN
	PRINT @273 /* bp#kiv25.dlg and/or o#xan25.dlg not detected. Skipping these particular ToB banters. */
	APPEND_OUTER ~crossmodbg2/crossmod_1_debug.log~ ~bp#kiv25.dlg and/or o#xan25.dlg not detected. Skipping these particular ToB banters.~
END

wait a sec...

Edit: OK, this one needs some research. I have

InParty("SOLAUFEIN") InParty("SOLA")

and

InParty("SOLAFEIN") InParty("SOLA")

showing up in random existing mods.

Weimer-SolaufeinMod-v104 ""Solaufein Romance Mod Pack" uses "SOLA" as a DV. So does v3, and v1.

Jolyth's "Baldur's Gate II Flirt Pack for the Original Solaufein Romance Modification Pack" Version 1.1 does not modify that.

But K'aeloree's work definitely expects a mod to have either "Solaufein" or "Solafein", hence the OR(). I'd better go check the big "TC" mods for other joiinable sSolaufeins.

I will track down the correct secondary DV - I assume someone made an update or a flirtpack or a competing version or something - my memory is failing on this one.

(My not-yet-english Solaufein mod uses C#Solaufein.)

OK, cool - so with the post at SpellHoldStudios, and a check of the install, it looks like we need to make changes to the interdia.2da (he ends up with a 6 column .2da even after PRETTY_PRINT, and we have just the two dv's to deal with) -

SOLA

and

SOLAUFEIN

I will make those corrections.

Jastey, I know you are going to APPEND properly to that - can I add your mod's dv as a check too? It would mean that until translations come through, your German-only mod would potentially fire off banters in English...

For CHAIN constructions in-project (which right now only do "SOLA")

InParty("Sola") See("Sola")!StateCheck("Sola",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) //

[[what the heck is this "See()" instead of "InMyArea()"? People really want to constrain things to LOS and risk not having the banter fire, I guess - but that is the way they wanted it coded...]]

For the one or two banters that reference Yasraena or Solaufein but do not engage them in actual dialog, the check would become
OR(3) InParty("Sola") InParty("Solaufein") InParty("C#Solaufein")

For the script blocks added to things, no changes, as anything placed on SOLA.DLG still needs to be directly called (they are pre-banter-engine understanding code, and called from .bcs)

For the regular banters that apply to BSOLA.DLG, the safest way to proceed is to simply duplicate the banters with the two DVs:

CHAIN IF ~InParty("P#Kivan")
See("P#Kivan")
!Dead("P#Kivan")
!StateCheck("Sola",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck("P#Kivan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
AreaType(FOREST)
TimeOfDay(NIGHT)
CheckStatGT("Sola",5,FATIGUE)
Global("G#XB.KoSSolaBanter7","GLOBAL",1)
Global("G#XB.KoSSolaBanter8","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BSOLA KoSSolaBanter#8.1
@59 /* I wish that <CHARNAME> would honor natural cycles more than <PRO_HESHE> does. */
DO ~SetGlobal("G#XB.KoSSolaBanter8","GLOBAL",1)~
== BP#KIV @60 /* What do you mean, Solaufein? */
== BSOLA @61 /* I find the night and day's change captivating, as well as the surface custom to sleep by night.  Yet <CHARNAME> presses on and on, unaffected by the sunsets and sunrises. */
== BP#KIV @62 /* Sleeping during the night is rather a human's custom than surfacers'.  The Elves walk as freely by night as by day. */
== BSOLA @63 /* (He yawns.)  Right now I am inclined to believe that in some ways the Humans are wiser than the Elves. */
== BP#KIV @64 /* Do not you blaspheme your own faith, Eilistraee's worshiper?  Is not there a connection between the nighttime and the Dark Maiden?  And you want to sleep through it? */
== BSOLA @65 /* The time is right for the Eilistraee's Circle of Song indeed - we are outdoors, in a wooded area, on a moonlit night – but I'd rather enjoy the rituals in her honor at my ease at a campsite, than while walking ready to do battle. */
== BP#KIV @66 /* I have heard that Eilistraee's avatars sometimes come disguised at the campfires of the wayfarers in the woodlands by night, to test their kindness. */
== BSOLA @67 /* Perhaps that is why <CHARNAME> avoids stopping for the night so studiously. */
EXIT

becomes

See("P#Kivan")
!Dead("P#Kivan")
CombatCounter(0)
AreaType(FOREST)
TimeOfDay(NIGHT)
CheckStatGT("Sola",5,FATIGUE)
Global("G#XB.KoSSolaBanter8","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BSOLA KoSSolaBanter#8.1_sola

See("P#Kivan")
!Dead("P#Kivan")
!StateCheck("Solaufein",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
AreaType(FOREST)
TimeOfDay(NIGHT)
CheckStatGT("Solaufein",5,FATIGUE)
Global("G#XB.KoSSolaBanter8","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BSOLA KoSSolaBanter#8.1_solaufein

So that covers that. Unless, Jastey, you want it added?

side note -

I see a bunch of constructs like this where this line is used like IfValidForPartyDialog was - but CD_S_NV - does that cover InParty(Myself)? Otherwise, I need to tighten up about 30% the project CHAINs where folks seemed to make the assumption (perhaps a good one) that the Banter engine itself will only trigger for InParty() NPCs. nI was pretty sure, howlever, that consensus was

InParty(Myself)

!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

was the safest construct...

My Solaufein mod uses a different DLG so it will never trigger those banters - which is good, because they were not written with him in mind. So, no consideration of my mod for banters between Solaufein and another NPC, but yes if there is a check for "is Solaufein present" for other NPCs bantering then considering C#Solaufein is much appreciated.

Got it! I am restating it to you so I can make sure I have it right...

1. IF a modder has added banter to this project BETWEEN their NPC and Solaufein, THEN use "Sola" and "Solaufein" checks only.

InParty("Sola") !StateCheck("Sola",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

(and )

InParty("Solaufein") !StateCheck("Solaufein",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

2. IF a modder has added side commentary checking for Solaufein specifically to be or not to be in the party, THEN use

OR(3) InParty("Sola") InParty("Solaufein") InParty("C#Solaufein")

...aaaand at least one thing got fixed this morning -

// Giving Solaufein a banter file
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~sola.dlg~
THEN BEGIN
	APPEND ~interdia.2da~ ~SOLA BSOLA~ 
		UNLESS ~SOLA~
		UNLESS ~25FILE~
	APPEND ~interdia.2da~ ~SOLAUFEIN BSOLA~
		UNLESS ~SOLAUFEIN~
		UNLESS ~25FILE~
	APPEND ~interdia.2da~ ~SOLA BSOLA BSOLA25~
		UNLESS ~SOLA~
		IF ~25FILE~		
	APPEND ~interdia.2da~ ~SOLAUFEIN BSOLA BSOLA25~
		UNLESS ~SOLAUFEIN~
		IF ~25FILE~
END

is integrated and fixes the column behavior:

fixedinterdia2da.png

Jastey, for your reference (future bug reports) the checks were added - both InParty() and !InParty() usage to the following files. Looks like Domi and K'aerloree are the only folks checking on things this way so far

crossmodbg2\tob\banters\tob_iylos-kivanofshilmista\tob_iylos-kivanofshilmista_banters.d (5 hits)
crossmodbg2\soa\banters\soa_aranw-solaufein\soa_aranw-solaufein_banters.d (8 hits)

These have had the c#solaufein dv added appropriately. Sample:

== BLK#IYL @7 /* Then you think all Drow are evil, Kivan? Would you narrow your perception to that of your god, and wound your ability to comprehend that there is no such thing as undiluted evil, or irredeemable evil? */
== BLK#IYL @8 /* If so - then you are a fool. */
== BP#KIV25 IF ~OR(4) InParty("sola") InParty("solaufein")  InParty("c#solaufein") InParty("Yasraena")~ THEN @9 /* You are quick to call others foolish. Where I come from, they say it is a sign of a fool. No, not all drow are evil; I am not blind. And neither is Shevarash. */
== BP#KIV25 IF ~!InParty("solaufein") !InParty("sola")  !InParty("c#solaufein") !InParty("Yasraena")~ THEN @10 /* If I am a fool, you are a madman to defend those without mercy. */
== BP#Kiv25 IF ~!InParty("Solaufein") !InParty("sola")  !InParty("c#solaufein") !InParty("Yasraena")~ THEN @11 /* My Lord's pain is my pain, just like mine was his once when he awoke me. */
== BLK#IYL IF ~OR(4) InParty("sola") InParty("solaufein")  InParty("c#solaufein") InParty("Yasraena")~ THEN @12 /* Then why do I see your eyes flash each time someone mentions the word Drow, or speaks in such? Do you have a history yourself, Kivan? */
== BP#Kiv IF ~OR(4) InParty("sola") InParty("solaufein") InParty("c#solaufein") InParty("Yasraena")~ THEN @13 /* No, but my Lord's pain is mine, just like mine was his once when he awoke me. */
== BLK#IYL @14 /* You have given me much to think upon, Elf. I will speak to you anon. (Why I defend the Drow, I know not... but there is something unnerving in that man's gaze.) */

I have messed with my own mod's entry with Solaufein for a test of the "double the banters with odd dv's" before making any mass changes to other folk's stuff. It should work, but I want to see what the dlg file looks like.

We can't handle it the way "old kido" and "new kido" work, with two separate install blocks based on banter files or such - no easy way to determione it. And since we know that having a mod install their own crossmod content, and then having the same content installed over top of it, results in only one of the banters firing and closing off the other, no harm no foul.

Side-note to that to both modders and anyone updating CrossmodBG2 - this only works if neither the mod author nor the crossmod project changes the names of the variables. So after it is submitted to crossmod, don't change var names...

...we *WILL* get users who install both the mod-added crossmod stuff AND the crossmod-added stuff stacked on top. Too many folks install everything in every component, then tack other mods on that do the same thing. If they do that for fixes and tweaks (sometimes directly contra-indicated ones), then they certainly will for this.

Archived