BG1 Tweaks

grogerson

For some reason, i get a 404 on all download links.

Have you tried the G3 link? Worked fine for me monday...

@ theacefes - I understand you're working on my original readme. I've revised it in ConTEXT, so it doesn't have all that nasty Wordperfect coding. I'll email it to you tonight.

I may have a possible deprecation already. Two Handed Bastard Swords has the same problem as with IWD. Though the weapon functionality is there, the swords all sell for 1gp, whether I rest or not. Verification of this would be appreciated.

I am not testing - just installed and played through Candlekeep. Install on Bg1:TotSC was fine (do you want to see the DEBUG?). Potions and gems are all unidentified (I will not install this again..), all my arrows (40) I could stack in one field.

Not much to report, but what little I saw everything worked! Thank you again for this, I am looking foreward to my playthrough I will do eventually with tweaks included.

I installed the Fixpack alpha too, so some components of the tweak pack were skipped. I assume it is intentional. If you want to have further information about my install let me know.

I noticed that all the download links on the mod's main page don't seem to work - they are different from the ones on the G3 download page. Can someone correct this please?

BTW, it's great we finally have a BG1 tweak mod! :) I'll test as and when I have the time. Now waiting for the BG1 fixpack... :( oh and the next update of BG2 fixpack... :D

...Potions and gems are all unidentified (I will not install this again..)...

I installed the Fixpack alpha too, so some components of the tweak pack were skipped. I assume it is intentional. If you want to have further information about my install let me know.

Gems and potions aren't much of a problem when you've got some levels, but until then... :D

I only noticed one tweak tied to the fixpack, Magically Created Weapons Have Zero Weight. Thanks for the reminder I need to make sure it's checking...

Edit: I'm finding the shopkeeper tweak (mage and bard only) quite frustrating myself...

I noticed that all the download links on the mod's main page don't seem to work - they are different from the ones on the G3 download page. Can someone correct this please?

BTW, it's great we finally have a BG1 tweak mod! :thumbsup: I'll test as and when I have the time. Now waiting for the BG1 fixpack... :groucho: oh and the next update of BG2 fixpack... :(

It seems the IEGMC mirrors don't have it up. For now, it's G3 and it's mirror only.

And thanks. I'm glad you appreciate it. :)

Tweaks are usually suggested to install last, so the tweaks get applied to all mod files as well, so I'd assume it's the same for this tweak pack.

Thank you. And now I see that if you are using Tutu or BGT you don't want this pack in any case, it's

for BG/TotSC only. Sorry about that.

Hey grogerson,

Any projected ETA on a NON-Beta version of BG1 Tweaks? Or is the current version stable enough for installation with other BG1 mods?

Thank you,

LoneRogue

I'm waiting for cmorgan to get back to me on a possible tweak I've been working on and would like to include (from the BG1NPC mod). Otherwise, I've a v1 ready to go (one deprecation, three new components, no translations). I can e-mail you a copy if you wish. Just remember, it's for vanilla BG1/BG1 TotSC, not Tutu or BGT.

As for the BETA, it should be stable. I've not received any bug reports yet, but that doesn't mean much. Only a few components concern me (they've not been adequately tested but don't crash anything, and are marked BETA in v1) and I've deprecated Two-Handed Bastard Swords (it functions fine, but all bastard swords become worth 1gp forever).

If you have a v1 ready to go, shoot me a PM with the link and I'll definitely try it out.

I don't have it linked anywhere. I'm at work now, so I'll try to send it tonight using your personal info here. Otherwise I'll need you to PM me with your address.

I'm feeling like such a geek for pointing this out but there's a teeny tiny bug in tweakpack's xplevel.2da in thief and bard rows, column 40; instead of the usual 220 000 xp required for levelup, they require 320000 (from 6 380 000 to 6 700 000).

I'm feeling like such a geek for pointing this out but there's a teeny tiny bug in tweakpack's xplevel.2da in thief and bard rows, column 40; instead of the usual 220 000 xp required for levelup, they require 320000 (from 6 380 000 to 6 700 000).

Are you sure you're not looking at BG2? I've just looked at the BG1 TotSC, as well as the level 20, 30 and 40, xplevel.2da files and don't see it.

There is a known problem with the druid xp that should be addressed by the BG1 Fix Pack, but none I see with thieves and bards.

Archived