Couple of questions regarding the state of the mod

2 replies to this topic

#1 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 381 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:04 AM

Hi,

0. You archive contains files inside "backup" folder, please remove whole folder because it is unnecessary.

1. Any reasons why BWFixpack fixes wasn't implemented ?

2. It's been more than 2 years since there is a solution which will make you mod compatible with EE for foreign languages ( HANDLE_CHARSET ) do you have any plans for it?

3. New Refinements contains code which patches HLA tables rather than overwriting them. Do you consider using it for Oversight?

4. Do you consider adding EET compatibility in the reasonable future?

You cannot have progress without changes...

#2 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modders
  • 1057 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:34 AM

4. Do you consider adding EET compatibility in the reasonable future?

Nothing has to be changed in Oversight regarding EET compatibility (since chapter variable and GAME_IS are not used), so feel free to mention it in the readme once (if?) the mod is updated for BG2:EE - as ALIEN mentioned in current state Oversight crashes EE engine when installed with any language other than English, due to missing HANDLE_CHARSETS, so it's not really compatible with BG2:EE either.

Edited by K4thos, 08 July 2017 - 07:37 AM.

#3 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 783 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:40 AM

Unnecessary files removed.

Looking at Refinements code sounds like a good idea.

For the others, Big World isn't my default; I'm not even sure what fixes you're referring to, but if they're not here they haven't jumped out at me as anything that should be part of this mod. I don't play or test on EE (which means, I realize, that I'm crazy and am still modding an old game after a newer version is out), so figuring out HANDLE_CHARSET is uncertain.

"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Miles Vorkosigan

"The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real."
--Aral Vorkosigan

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users