What type of item would you like to get?

Bri

This is just a hypothetical question (which may see some use)...but what type of item would you like to see Del give the mainchar?

The main limitation here is that it wouldn't be anything magical.

And if someone says, 'cubs', then I guess one might succeed in giving the MainChar a heart attack...

Irenicus skin boots?  :D

Maybe an ornamental belt or something. Most PCs would have some need of a belt (even if its only weapon storage).

the limitation of an item for belt, boots, rings, etc..is that they would take the place of an item slot, that most players would simply put in a protective item for, and remove the present...its ok with jaheira's necklace, since it can fit in a gem bag, so you're not going to worry about it occupying either a slot, or an important space on the backpack...until you get a bag of holding, every slot in inventory is fairly important..

so i would suggest a book, so it fits in a scroll case, or a ring or amulet, so you can tuck it away in a gem bag or possibly a item that would fit in a quickslot...since you got 3 of them...

something that a bard would give her love interest...hmmm...hard one... :wink.gif

the limitation of an item for belt, boots, rings, etc..is that they would take the place of an item slot, that most players would simply put in a protective item for, and remove the present..

I don't think you can take for granted that "most" players would place utility over sentiment.

Irenicus skin boots?  :D

Maybe an ornamental belt or something. Most PCs would have some need of a belt (even if its only weapon storage).

I thought Irenicus needed all the skin he could use...otherwise why have it bolted to his face?

I may do a belt...hmm...please, no jokes about notches in one's belt.

so i would suggest a book, so it fits in a scroll case, or a ring or amulet, so you can tuck it away in a gem bag or possibly a item that would fit in a quickslot...since you got 3 of them...

Yes, one could always use it to smash Umber Hulks too :D

Wedding Ring

Hmm...well, wolves do tend to mate for life...would a character be willing to ask that right away?

But its so damn romantic! They have this wonderful spark when they meet in TotSC and then our seperated as they have completely different lives. They meet again in really bad circumstances (Lost Imoen, and then just after they rescue Immy, then CHARNAME loses his soul to an evil man) later on, but they haven't forgotten each other at all! In fact they haven't stopped thinking about each other since they parted. Eventually, they overcome their troubles and marry in Suldanesselar after SoA...

And then they begin ToB as man and bitch.

I mean wife.

Please forgive me if this has been discussed before.

How about an item that would keep Charname safe from Delainy's lycanthropy? Something like this would probably have to be equipped, so perhaps Delainy could add this ward to one of Charname's favorite amulets or rings (something he wouldn't likely remove even during a night of passion), but just once so that Charname would have to choose carefully. :D

To make this item meaningful, Charname would have to be in real danger of being afflicted by lycanthropy while he was closely associating with Delainy. If that was allowed, some time could pass by before the disease began showing itself, and Delainy could begin preparing him for what was to come. At first his transformations would come uncontrollably, like the slayer does at first, but Delainy could help him gain control (and I suppose Cernd could help too if he was around), and then the 'ability' would appear in the Special Abilities list along with the Slayer ability. Of course, Charname's werewolf form should have the proper Bhaalspawn enhancements. :D This would offer the player an alternate path to explore in their character's life with Delainy.

Other than this, I can't think of anything. In BG1 Delainy gave Charname Belladonna flowers because she wasn't coming along and she wanted him to have something to remember her by. With this mod, such remembrances won't be necessary because she'll be in the party. I see Delainy as being practical, so if she deems it practical to give Charname some item, it would most likely have a practical function.

Heh, nice thought with the lycanthropy issue, but I already have a plan in mind for that Smoketest...

Mind you, it is shown that a lycanthrope can be affected (ala ToB), but I think a ring early on, or even an ointment might be best...

I may do a belt...hmm...please, no jokes about notches in one's belt.

Damn. :D

Will Del be ...applying that ointment? :D:D

darn...i was going to ask that... :D:D:D

how about a book???

and if the player reads the book, he/she can answer dialogs where delainey talks about the book, like...

del:did you like the scene where the character talks about how he stayed only because of thorton??? that the call was too strong to resist, and only thorton held Buck back???

1: Urm...the book was about someone named Buck???

2: Yes, are you telling me that I am your thorton??? that sometimes, the veneer of civilization is too much, and you long to throw your head back and howl???

3: Yes, of course....

(Jack London's "the call of the wild")

see, if the player really cherishes the book, he/she is going to read it, and when delainey tests the player on the knowledge of the book, the player can give intelligent answers...

though it should more likely be a book of love poems...

:D:D:D

I like alot of the suggestions made by Smoketest. I think there should be some small possibility of Lycanthropic afliction. In the heat of passion animal instincts take over, it could happen.

The item is a hard one, it would be nice if it had significance, but then again that falls in line with all other romance mods. I was thinking of a rabbits foot that could be comedic if you wanted to go that way. I think there was one in BGI, but I dont know what it was used for.

Archived