Problem with Mod not working, BG1+TotSC + SoA + ToB

Munchkin86

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this, so I'm not sure what went wrong.

I played the SoA and ToB like crazy in my youth.

Now I installed several mods and would like to profit from a new experience by playing both the original BG1 with ToTSC and then later on BG2.

Anyway let me explain what I did.

I downloaded the German versions of both games from GOG.

Installed them, after that I used the description of this website to install the following mods:

(sorry the site is in German: http://polyneux.de/2012/12/03/baldurs-gate-mods/)

Mods:

BG2 Fixpack v10

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU 1.18

BG1 Unfinished Business v13.1

BG2 Unfinished Business v26

1ppv4.1.0

Widescreen Mod 3.07

All went fine without any errors.

When starting the Mod first (I first installed only 3.06), all went fine, I could enter resolutions like 1280x800, but in the game, the screen was small and centered in the middle. Whatever resolution I chose in BG1, it didn't change the resolution in the game, always quite small and centered in the middle of the screen. Even when i turned down my laptops resoltion it didn't change the resolution ration in the game.

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad W540 with a screen resolution of 2880x1620

This is the following error message I received after I tried it again.

I think I overinstalled the newest mod, version 3.07, because 3.06 didn't work, so I think the problem is, that I installed the mod twice.

But even with mod 3.06 it didn't work.

This is the error message I receive now:

You need to install the latest patch (which would be Trials of the Luremaster if you’re on Heart of Winter) and make sure you aren’t installing the mod twice (which includes attempting to install it on EasyTutu or a cloned install when it is already installed on your main install).

But even without installing it twice, it doesn't work, I will de-install everything and re-install, but please can you help me, so that once I'm at the point of installing the widescreen mod I won't have those resolution problems that the window is small and centered in the middle.

What about this

TWM_GUI beta mod?

Hope someone can help me

Restart, from the very beginning... like you concluded.

Install the BG1 & TotSC to a folder called: C:\Users\<username>\Games\Baldur's Gate\ --- or something similar, it really doesn't matter much, so long as it's quite right, this is from Windows 7 to 10 at least, where you should install games you intent to modify to.

Then install the BG2:SoA & ToB to a folder called: C:\Users\<username>\Games\BGII - SoA\ --- or something similar.

Then install the BG2 Fixpack to the BG2 directory. :p

Then install the BGT-weidu to the BG2 directory, it will ask you to give itself the BG1 folder, so give it. This will copy most of the folder, but not all of it, and convert the files to the appropriate form so the game can start from BG1's content in the BG2 engine.

Then install both the BG1 and BG2 UBs to the BG2 directory, yes, both cause the BG1UB can be installed to BGT-weidu -ed game.

Continue to the 1PP and finally the Widescreen mod.

The error message .. either comes from the fact that the mod finds the BG1 content in the BG2 game folder, which CANNOT BE THERE if it's a BGT-weidu modified BG2 game as it doesn't have a BG1 files, like the bgmain2.exe that's unique to the TotSC install...

Or that you messed up in the BG1 folder, which you should leave as is, as the BGT-weidu will allow you to play the BG1's content in the BG2's engine and play from the Candlekeep to the Throne of Bhall.

The TWM_GUI beta mod is a BG1 mod, not a BG2 mod.

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad W540 with a screen resolution of 2880x1620

There might not be much you can do with the resolution other than use the full extent of it, aka set the resolution in Widescreen mod to 2880x1620, as the GPU is preset to the max resolution under use. Unlike the desktop monitors, it can't be set to utilize other screen modes under game usage. At least that's the standard, of this type of computer.

The article you linked is probably the very same as an old English one and it too was bad as it didn't give the detail of in which order and what directory to install the mods to.

I ripped the one in pieces, but it's elsewhere too, you might do a favor to someone and rip the german one to pieces.

Follow Jarno Mikkola about installation (BG1 + TotSC + Lastest Patch, BG2 + ToB +Lastest Patch)

Hah, I ninjaed you, see the GoG games don't need the last patches. So I updated the above. Yes, I made the same mistake up on first writing the above unedited post.

Archived