Clueless Modder Alert

Amazor'dra

Well, it seems I'm confused on how to do something (yet again) that WeiDU doesn't seem to like much.

Here is what I am trying to do:

Using I_C_T since I'm adding a small snippet to the end of a banter.

NPC: ~Hm... 'watch thy friends and watch thy death'....~

PC Option 1: ~Don't tell me you're going to repeat all of what the rogue said, this is a bad time for you to lose control over yourself.~

PC Option 2: ~Did the rogue's words have any special meaning to you?~

PC Option 3: ~It's just the ramblings of a madman, we can't waste time on this.~

END

etc, etc

Overall, I've coded it like this:

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS VVMADMAN 6 crazyrogue
== SK#NEHTJ IF ~InParty("SK#Neht")~ THEN
~Hm... 'watch thy friends and watch thy death'....~
END
++ ~Don't tell me you're going to repeat all of what the rogue said, this is a bad time for you to lose control over yourself.~ GOTO crazyrogue1
++ ~Did the rogue's words have any special meaning to you?~ GOTO crazyrogue2
++ ~It's just the ramblings of a madman, we can't waste time on this.~ GOTO crazyrogue3

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN crazyrogue1
SAY ~I believe it is a special warning for thee, perhaps against those thou travel's with.~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN crazyrogue2
SAY ~I have heard of this... sometime in the past... were they my words? No, of course not. The undead have their own communities and the powerful oft make themselves known to each other.~
IF ~~ THEN GOTO crazy1
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN crazy1
SAY ~I am not one of those, especially not now, though I am one of the oldest surviving undead. I know of two cities where every being died and became undead. They could not escape at first... forced to feed off of themselves. When visiting one of these places I heard of an elven woman who sought to become undead. (He shakes his head, looking at you.) I apologize, <CHARNAME>, for my wandering thoughts.... let us continue on.~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN crazyrogue3
SAY ~Madman or not, he risked himself to warn thee, but if thou will not pay attenion to him, then any additional warning from me will come to naught.~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

The part WeiDU doesn't like is the " ++ " part, which I have no idea how to fix since this is the first time I've tried using that. (and I've yet to find someone who can explain it to me :rolleyes: )

Anyone have any idea of what it is I did wrong?

Saw your question on Studios, couldn't respond, so I asked Neriana to cover it.

The + system is special abbreviation for REPLY lines.

From the WeiDU docs:

+ [ transTriggerString ] + replyText transFeature list transNext

This abbreviated syntax for transitions that would contain REPLY (which is by far the most common case) allows you to save yourself some time and typing. It behaves like the full form above.

In a statement of the form

IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~~ GOTO X

the first + replaces IF, the second + replaces REPLY, and the third + replaces GOTO. Note that you can use EXTERN or EXIT instead of the third +. DO/JOURNAL statements go where you'd expect them to, after the REPLY string.

Post the rest of your question here so I can answer it. Vaguely amusing though the necessity is, it gets tiresome to have to use intermediaries to give out tech support.

Edit: Bah. I'm impatient AND a sucker, so here you go.

INTERJECT VVMADMAN 6 crazyrogue

++~Don't tell me you're going to repeat all of what the rogue said, this is a bad time for you to lose control over yourself.~+ crazyrogue1

++~Did the rogue's words have any special meaning to you?~+ crazyrogue2

++~It's just the ramblings of a madman, we can't waste time on this.~+ crazyrogue3

END

I'm still getting this error:

CODE

[sK#Neht.d] PARSE ERROR at line 804 column 2-2

Near Text: +

syntax error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

The problem here is that INTERJECT is really just a specialized form of CHAIN, so when you want to put an extended transition list on a CHAIN, you put it after the END.

And I advise asking further technical questions where they can conveniently be answered by all.

...and here I found it amusing to have two somewhat different "conversations" at once with the same person. (What? It's 11pm, who cares if I'm easily amused. :rolleyes: )

*relocates post*

Despite changing the code ( in regards to "both" Who Shall Not Yadda Yadda posts) to...

++~Don't tell me you're going to repeat all of what the rogue said, this is a bad time for you to lose control over yourself.~+ crazyrogue1
++~Did the rogue's words have any special meaning to you?~+ crazyrogue2
++~It's just the ramblings of a madman, we can't waste time on this.~+ crazyrogue3
END

I'm still getting this error:

[SK#Neht.d] PARSE ERROR at line 804 column 2-2
Near Text: +
syntax error
FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

EDIT: *sighs* If only I posted a mere minute sooner. o.O

I do so hope that double posting is alright (at least, if done sparingly.), but if its not please don't hurt me.

Taking your advice in mind and switching it to...

END
++ ~Don't tell me you're going to repeat all of what the rogue said, this is a bad time for you to lose control over yourself.~ + crazyrogue1
++ ~Did the rogue's words have any special meaning to you?~ + crazyrogue2
++ ~It's just the ramblings of a madman, we can't waste time on this.~ + crazyrogue3

SAY ~I believe it is a special warning for thee, perhaps against those thou travel's with.~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN crazyrogue2
SAY ~I have heard of this... sometime in the past... were they my words? No, of course not. The undead have their own communities and the powerful oft make themselves known to each other.~
IF ~~ THEN GOTO crazy1
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN crazy1
SAY ~I am not one of those, especially not now, though I am one of the oldest surviving undead. I know of two cities where every being died and became undead. They could not escape at first... forced to feed off of themselves. When visiting one of these places I heard of an elven woman who sought to become undead. (He shakes his head, looking at you.) I apologize, <CHARNAME>, for my wandering thoughts.... let us continue on.~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN crazyrogue3
SAY ~Madman or not, he risked himself to warn thee, but if thou will not pay attenion to him, then any additional warning from me will come to naught.~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

WeiDU then claims there is a problem around this area:

END
++ ~Don't tell me you're going to repeat all of what the rogue said, this is a bad time for you to lose control over yourself.~ + crazyrogue1
++ ~Did the rogue's words have any special meaning to you?~ + crazyrogue2
++ ~It's just the ramblings of a madman, we can't waste time on this.~ + crazyrogue3

IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

Guest jcompton_inbedcantrememberpasswo

Yeah, that's because basically almost any .d function will implicitly end a BEGIN (DLG). So you will need to start an APPEND statement, or move the INTERJECT statement below the other states. Depends how it's easier for you to read it.

Archived