Is basilisk attack works as intended?

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, and even whether this is the right place to post, but anyway:

I've noticed that both lesser and greater basilisk's petrification attack in BG1, BGT and BG2 hits target against targets paralyze/poison saving throw instead of petrify/polimorph save. Is that intended? Is that so because two effects in the same item ability can not attack against two different saves due to engine limitation (just a wild guess, not saying it's actually so)? Is that a bug?

Edited by Creepin

Hmm, do you think it could be fixed in BG2Fixpack if only for the benefit of BGT (unless they overwrite BG2 basilisk with its BG1 counterpart)? I understood BG1Fixpack died in 2013, so no point bringing this in its thread. Or is it better to ask BGT maintainers (if there's any) to fix it on their end?

Edited by Creepin

I'll add it to Fixpack

A small update: a basilisk attack item have 3 effects: paralyze, petrify and visuals. All 3 are hitting against paralyse save of the target. This makes little sense indeed UNLESS it's done as a means to ensure it's either all 3 effects are firing or none. IF that is correct than changing only petrifying attack to hit against petrify save would break the intended effect. It's either all 3 should have their save changed or none. It's just a guess though, but if that is correct then I believe all 3 changed to having petrify save is a better decision lore-wise than leaving all 3 to having paralyse save.