IWD2 NPC Project adds talkative joinable NPCs in IWD2.
2) Will it be Just like BG2?
Not exactly. IWD-series are coded differently than BG-series, so there are certain pluses and minuses for character development. Please, read on as I list the differences.
3) How the Party will be handled?
You will have two options â€“ either importing the full pre-created party of 6 NPCs which will appear in your party selection menu as â€œNordâ€™s Companyâ€ or you can select â€œNew Partyâ€, create your Protagonist and add 5 NPCs. You will handle NPC join in and drop out via Import/Export.
4) If I create a Protagonist, will I see banter with him/her?
Thatâ€™s the whole point. Yes, your Protagonist will be treated just like Player1 in BG series. However, unlike BG series you will need to keep him or her in the first slot in order to see the PC dialogues (ie you can move him back for a while if it's needed to win a battle, but for dialogues to trigger s/he has to be the First)
5) Will the Protagonist have a Biography?
Yes, your Protagonist will have a background that the NPCs will refer to. IWD2 being IWD2, you can over-write it, but it will not sway the stubborn cast. The background is not overly intrusive though.
6) What kind of Banter will I be able to see?
The main four types of banter: inter-party generic banter (NPCs talk to NPCs); scenery banter (NPC commenting on the events or interjecting into existing dialogues); Friendship Sequences with PC; Romantic Sequences with PC.
7) Will the project be Phased?
I am not sure how I am going to release it â€“ I would prefer to release the whole thing, but I work in Phases to better manage the workload. Phase I are NPC-NPC Banter and NPC-PC Friendship Sequences; Phase II are Scenery Dialogues and Phase III are Romantic Sequences.
8) How many characters are/will be added?
9) I have a wonderful IWD2 NPC idea! Can you add it into your mod?
Iâ€™d like to finish the basic pack of ten before talking about any other NPCs. But please feel free to take a look at how the project works, and create an NPC that will banter with my characters as a separate mod.
10) Do you need any help?
Very much so, and of all sorts. Please refer to the Help! Thread.
11) When it's going to be publically available?
It's available now from G3 downloads page.
12) Will there be an IWD1 NPC pack after IWD1TUTU is finished?
I personally have no plans to develop it, but if IWD2NPC works, there is no reason why someone wouldn't want to develop something similar for IWD1, either TUTU or vanilla.
13) Can I create more than one custom character?
Not without tweaking. The dialogues with Player1 unfortunately only works if you have one custom created character (or tweaked another custom created character with NI to have a different script name) and he remains in the first slot.
14) Can I use custom content (soundsets, portraits) for my own characters?
Yes, you definetly can. Two quorks though:
-you cannot preview a voice set from the character creation screen (though it will play in-game)
- installing the module causes lags on some systems in some areas.
Edited by Domi, 07 February 2008 - 08:53 AM.