Cam's to-do list for v1

So, this is what I've been spending the last two weeks of my life on. At this point I'm relatively certain that nothing will cause your computer to burst into flames, but there are some rough edges that need to be addressed for a non-beta v1:

• Spell icons stand out, immensely, from the existing BG2 counterparts.
  • The two-handed axe artwork is borrowed from IWD and uses halberd description images.
  • Arcane spells are currently only obtainable from stores. These need to be scattered randomly, as do some of the divine spell scrolls.
  • The unique axes have terrible placeholder descriptions.
  • Add druid/cleric availability to the readme for divine spells
  • Add in some new spells to enemy combat scripts
  • Write dialogue for Contact Other Plane
Edited by CamDawg

Have you thought of adding some of the IWD class progression? (Druid's modified shapeshift, paladin smite evil, etc). There's code in the main IWD-in-BG2 converter somewhere.

I've been pondering it, yeah.

I was also thinking of rolling out a component for HoW's arcane opposition schools as an alternative. Since the most noticeable effect would be Edwin losing Fireball, I suspect it would not be terribly popular.

Have you thought of adding some of the IWD class progression? (Druid's modified shapeshift, paladin smite evil, etc). There's code in the main IWD-in-BG2 converter somewhere.

I've been pondering it, yeah.

I have a version of the paladin's Smite Evil (and for flavor, Smite Undead for the Undead Hunter) for BG2 in one of my personal projects, you'd be welcome to use it. It's been tried and tested with BG2 and should work with BG(2)EE too.

Here is the install code:

https://github.com/AngelGryph/MadeInHeaven/blob/development/mih/components/paladin_powers.tpa

And here are the spell files and bam:

https://github.com/AngelGryph/MadeInHeaven/tree/development/mih/paladin_powers

On 7/24/2013 at 8:45 AM, CamDawg said:
  • Spell icons stand out, immensely, from the existing BG2 counterparts.
  • Arcane spells are currently only obtainable from stores. These need to be scattered randomly, as do some of the divine spell scrolls.
  • The unique axes have terrible placeholder descriptions.
  • Add in some new spells to enemy combat scripts
On 8/6/2013 at 9:12 AM, DavidW said:

Alright, these are done at least.

You know, I blithely included the paladin tables in the paladin component and in the (planned) ranger component but didn't even think of the bard table.

In the meantime, both IWD ranger and bard tables are available in Tweaks (the IWD bard tables are the same as the "un-nerfed" bard tables).