Question on Reinstallation

Guest Camille

Guest Camille

I have installed Item Randomiser v6.3, using Mode 2, after a load of other mods. I now need to reinstall one of the earlier NPC mods (Keto), which I think means that Weidu will uninstall all the mods installed after Keto in reverse order, then reinstall Keto, then reinstall all the other mods in the proper order.

Am I right in thinking that, under these circumstances, IR will be reinstalled preserving savegame compatability (i.e. with the same randomisation)? I think that is what the readme says, but I am not certain.

Yes, Item Randomiser should reinstall with the same randomisation under those circumstances.

But be advised it also depends on Keto and whatever mods you have installed between Keto and Item Randomiser. If one of them changes the underlying installation in a manner that is relevant to Item Randomiser, you may get different randomisation, even though it was supposed to be the same as before.

I imagine it will probably be alright (despite my dire warnings) but if you want to be extra sure, you can make a backup of your installation before attempting it. This procedure can be used towards that end as well, possibly except for biffed games (you've installed generalized_biffing). Just don't overwrite your clean backup, if you have one.

Archived