MotB Ending question (spoilers)

I could't get the altered ending to show for my character who was romancing Bishop in the OC. I did tell him to hold on in the dream wall, I did reject Gann before the portal and told him about my black-hearted ex who could be redeemed, and I never did get a chance to bargain with Kelemvor about anything before or after the final fight. Does it matter whether or not I betray the crusade or what answers I pick while on the Fugue Plane? Because I did feel a little guilty about telling Bishop I was coming to get him and then just waving a cheerful goodbye instead. :)

You do need to bargain with Kelemvor to get the ending. Both pro and against Crusade dialogues will have an option to ask about Bishop and ask for a reward. If none showed for you, can you detail your dialogue with kelemvor, please? There is one case when you cannot get Bishop's ending, and that's when you agree to be the Wall's Guardian.

You do need to bargain with Kelemvor to get the ending. Both pro and against Crusade dialogues will have an option to ask about Bishop and ask for a reward. If none showed for you, can you detail your dialogue with kelemvor, please? There is one case when you cannot get Bishop's ending, and that's when you agree to be the Wall's Guardian.

I didn't take the guardian path. I took a look via the toolset, and it definitely should have showed for me but didn't - I went through the dialogue in-game several times to make sure I didn't miss the option. I noticed that there are two variables that have to set, so is it possible that one of them didn't?

Thanks for your time!

Guest nyaonyao

I'm pretty sure I told Bishop to hold on when I saw him at the wall but haven't rejected Gann before entering the Gate. I'll make sure to bargain with Kelemvor.

Although I did inquire about Casavir when I talked to the gargoyles and argued with Ammon Jerro saying that Cas might still be alive given that he din't see his body. Would that affect the ending?

TY!

I'll replay the last part later. Hope it works!

(I also downloaded the file again just to be sure. Altho Ima bet my socks I DLed this well after V-day.)

On a related note to MotB endings;

It appears that my flirts with Gann have dissapeared. This isn't a huge problem for me, as I intend on sticking with Casavir - but does this mean I will no longer have the option to tell him about Cass, and get the right ending?

I'm not really sure why my flirts with Gann have dissapeared...I did choose the "Princess/Frog" flirt because I wanted to see his reply - have I insulted him? :)

Guest Deedlit

I had the same problem with the option for getting bishop not showing anywhere;I did told Bishop that I was going to save him with my new power and to hold on,did reject Gann,told him about my ranger,said Ammon that Casavir was dead and good lol,but when it came to Kelemvor I saw no option concerning bargaining for Bishop's soul.....I even went for the option "I will tear every soul from the wall not just my own" but it just "enraged" big K. and showed no option whatsoever anyway....

Seems like I'm just UNLUCKY when it concerns our beloved ranger endings....is this a karmic way of saying he and my pc are just not meant to be? *laughs*

Guest Deedlit

Thanks a lot Domi!

Any chance you can give a look in the "BT" topic as well?

I posted problems related to the OC ending as well :p

Thankies anyway!

Guest themanynamed
I will look into the dialogue with Kelemvor and start posting the dialogue tracks to see where we are missing the option to bargain for Bishop and why. Cheers.

I'm having the same problem. The conversation with Bishop on the Wall fired without problems and I told him to hold on. When I got to the conversation with Kelemvor, the bargaining thread never appeared in the dialog options. I checked the dialog files in the toolset and I'm not getting *any* of the modded content for that conversation. I reloaded my save a few times to confirm it and no matter what I dialog options I choose, I get no modded content. If it matters I have SoZ installed and my game version is 1.22.1587.

I am also having troubles with the OC. On the way back from West Harbor after its destruction, the party is sent to a wilderness location. Having played the Bishop Romance through before, I suspect the conversation/argument between Bishop and Casavir should start but it does not. If I remember correctly, something similar to this happened if one of the companions (usually Casavir) was eaten by a familiar or animal companion. None of the companions have vanished and I never allow familiars to be summoned, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

I'm seriously considering reinstalling without SoZ. I swear that expansion has ruined everything. Yuan-ti sabotage.... it has to be :p !

ManyNamed.

Let's try to figure out what is going wrong here.

Option 1, Supported Crusade:

Kelemvor comes to: {quietly}The Wall has a way of finding the truth in mortals' words. Go and face it - I will not stand in your way.

Modded Option, the very last one: Free my lover's soul from the Wall in addition to mine, and I will do whatever you say.

Conditions set on it:

P#BishopPromise = 1 (global int) --> means you have asked Bishop to hang on.

P#BishopMotB = 1 (global int) --> means that you told Gann that you love Bishop

Option 2, Rejected Crusade:

Kelemvor comes to: Take back what is yours from the Wall. And then return to Akachi what is his. All that you need... you have already found in dreams.

Modded Option, the very last one: When I dreamt of the Wall... I saw Bishop, my lover. Where is he now?

Conditions:

PC is female

P#BishopPromise = 1 (global int) --> means you have asked Bishop to hang on.

P#BishopMotB = 1 (global int) --> means that you told Gann that you love Bishop

Can you folks check a saved game before Kelemvor, in My Documents\Neverwinter Nights 2\Saves\000XXX - Name of the Save subfolder and find a globals.xml file? Open it with a browser and make a search for those 2 variables. If one is not set we will troubleshoot further trying to find out where we missed setting it.

Sorry to contradict you, Domi, but if our players aren't getting those variables set, they won't appear in the global.htm. We'd need to look into why they aren't added to the globals list... and why the players don't remember seeing the dialogue choices where the variables are set.

I have some time tomorrow. I can post the dialogue chains that lead to those variables being set and see if it looks familiar to the players who are experiencing the problem.

This wouldn't be the first time that a dialogue file became corrupted during the multiple uploads/downloads necessary to release a mod. We had the same problem with Bevil's prologue dialoge... among other problems with Bevil's dialogue, the biggest of which is that the game devs duplicated file names in multiple modules.

We should both check that AJ dialogue among others. If it's OK on my computer but not OK in the file I sent you for upload, then the problem occurred either during compression, emailing, or recompression from RAR to 7Z. If it's OK on my end, OK on your end, and bugged in the download, then the problem occurred during upload to the server. It happes. If the download is fine, then it's possible that individual players are losing files on extraction. That can also happen. Or it could be that the dialogue lines need to be more obvious, if players are missing them.

Guest Nawiel

Hello there!

Another MOTB ending point: (Possible spoilers)

I've just completed MOTB; the normal Ending slideshow ran, complete with the Casavir extras...but then my game reverted back to standing by the wall, then went back into the slideshow again. After that had finished, I was taken back to standing by the wall again, with nothing to do! :p Not a big bug, but is it possible a file may be broken in my installation? I have a save from before going through the portal to speak to Kelem! :p

Guest Deedlit

The thing is,the options AREN'T showing at all......the conversation just ends after saying kelemvor that either the wall is unjust and you will tear your or every soul from it,or that he's right,but anyway he says to go and pick your soul,no option to discuss about bishop becomes available at any point;I did tell bishop to hold on and told Gann I loved him,but anyway the result was the same...

Same thing that happens in the OC ending,with the final speech you have with Bishop;influence is high and he even tells you about his soldier past,but when it comes to dialogue options,either it's the two diplomacy checks ("you changed one master for another" and "two people caring for each other are not a weakness"),which BOTH _ALWAYS_ result in a FAILURE,no matter alignment and influence,or you can choose other plain ones,like "I forgive you" or "I don't care".The only one that actually makes him flee is "seems like you found new obligations",but there's nothing that fires another dialogue-tree with him,so I'm at a loss on what to do.

Guest Deedlit

By the way I don't have SoZ installed,only nwn+Motb and game version is the latest (1.22).hope this can help...I will check the global anyway!

Archived