OC Ending Problem

Kelryn

First off, I've had a great deal of fun with this mod, the writing has been enjoyable. I ran into a problem during the scenes just before the Garius fight.

At first I couldn't get LT23 to go off since I didn't have the last option in the dialogue. I found a post that mentioned removing a duplicate file, 3430_cs_enter.dlg. So I removed it from the Casavir Romance folder and that gave me the correct option to start LT23.

I've played through the scene several times trying to get Bishop to stay and fight Garius with me, but it just won't work. I'm wondering if I missed something since I can get him to leave, or stay with Garius but say he won't attack me. There was also a time I finished the scene and could walk up to him and start a converstion complete with flirt option without triggering the rest of the scene with Garius and the other companions.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate them.

Guest Mitheria

Hey! I'm by no means any expert (as evidenced by the guest tag by my name) but I played through several times in the hopes of getting the ending where he stays with you. I did finally get it though. It seems (and someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that you not only have to have a decent influence with him throughout the game but you have to have made an effort to ... for lack of a better term... get him on the straight and narrow. When dialogue pops up during the game the best idea is to go with the options that are good/leaning towards noble. There also only seems to be one conversation path in the Garius scene that will allow this ending. I wrote it down and can give it to you but I don't know if it's appropriate to leave it on this board. I'll check back to see if you respond.

Anyway, it's a bit of a fine balance since to get good influence with him you need to agree with him but you can't do that and choose the good responses too much. Alternatively, you can cheat up the influence and just work on the dialogue. I'll admit, this is what I did... but it worked out so I don't feel bad about it :blush:

Hope this helps and wasn't overly confusing.

Guest Mitheria
Bishop's behavoir during this scene is dependent on the player's alignment.

Hmm... I don't know what happened with me then because I played through with the same alignment every time.

*shrug*

Bishop's behavoir during this scene is dependent on the player's alignment.

Hmm... I don't know what happened with me then because I played through with the same alignment every time.

*shrug*

Thanks Domi and Mitheria, you've given me ideas as to why I'm getting the options I'm getting. The alignment makes sense, especially since in getting a high influence with Bishop I ended up just barely this side of chaotic neutral from a start of chaotic good :blush: I was just hoping it wasn't a problem in the actual mod files since I noticed a couple of glitches in the LT's involving Veedle.

I'm going to go back and try your suggestion Mitheria and try to reform Bishop a bit. Feel free to PM me the dialogue path in the Garius scene.

I also need to add, that while the influence plays no part in the endings themselves, you need to have high influence with Bishop in the game to get the originaldialogue option that later opens up the argument with Bishop in the 'Lookie who is here!' scene.

I also need to add, that while the influence plays no part in the endings themselves, you need to have high influence with Bishop in the game to get the originaldialogue option that later opens up the argument with Bishop in the 'Lookie who is here!' scene.

I have the high influence covered, but I'm not quite sure which scene you mean there?

Ah cool, I must have remembered to set the global in the file, after all. It takes very little time to place one variable, and months later, memory fades.

As for getting the new ending with Bishop, you need a super-high influence with him, the kind not normally attainable without either completely alienating most of the rest of your party or using the console to increase it.

Ah cool, I must have remembered to set the global in the file, after all. It takes very little time to place one variable, and months later, memory fades.

As for getting the new ending with Bishop, you need a super-high influence with him, the kind not normally attainable without either completely alienating most of the rest of your party or using the console to increase it.

As for the new ending... you mean getting Bishop to explain himself or rejoin your side against King of Shadows?

I would most definitely have to use the console to get that, as I am not bad *** enough to do otherwise. :thumbsup:

Hi, you can get high enough inflence with him without cheating and without beeing too nasty you just have to know where to gain infkuence and where not to take him along so not to loose influence with him.

Well I killed the miner from old owl well and brought only Bishop so not to anger anyone else don´t remeber of much influence gou get there but I don`t consider that so terribly evil:)

Guest Astereal

I would like to say that I loved the mod it definately made the game much more enjoyable :suspect: unfortunately I can't figure out how to get the last love talk with Bishop I have seen posts on removing a duplicate file but I can't figure out how to remove it, I'm not very skilled with computers and I had to have a friend install the mod to begin with. Is there anyway someone could give instuctions that are easy for someone who is technologically impaired to understand? I have vista if that makes any difference....

You have Vista? I do, too, so I'll see if I can walk you through it, but it's possible that you may have to have your friend help you, anyway, because it may require that you to change some settings on your computer.

These insructions are going to assume that you know how to turn your computer on and that's it. Please don't be offended if you don't need that much detail. The instructions are long, but each step is simple.

1. Left-click on the start button. You will see a menu appear. It has two columns. In the right column, you will see an option called "Computer." Left click on that.

2. After left-clicking on the "Computer" option, you will see a directory appear. It will have your various drives on it. One of the ones will be "Hard Disk Drives: C:" Left-click on that one twice.

3. After you left-click on "Hard Disk Drives: D:" twice, the directory will change to your C: drive. Since your friend installed this, he or she probably used the default installation location, so you should look for the folder called "Program Files." When you find it, left-click on that twice.

4. After you left-click on "Program Files" twice, the directory will change to dislay the programs you have installed. You will see a file called "Atari." Left-click on that twice.

5. After you left-click on "Atari" twice, the directory will change again. You will see a folder called "Neverwinter Nights 2." Left-click on that twice.

6. After you left-click on "Neverwinter Nights 2" twice, you will see a folder called "override." Left-click on that twice.

7. After you left-click on "override" twice, you will see a file whose first two letters are "FP" followed by some number. right-click on that once.

8. After you right-click on "FP" once, you will see a menu. The bottom line will be "Properties." Left-click on that once.

9. You will see a new window open. The bottom part of this window has a line that reads "Attributes:" followed by a place you can put a checkmark and "Read-only (Only applies to files in folder)." If the box is checked, uncheck it by left-clicking on it once.

10. Since you probably have User Account Control turned on, you will see a window that warns you that terrible things will happen to you if you do this. Go ahead and do it anyway. When it asks you to apply the changes to all the files in the folder, choose "Yes."

11. The computer may work for a moment or two, and you will probably see a status window appear that shows the progress of the computer applying your changes.

12. Once this is done, right-click on "FP" again and select "Delete"

13. You really do want to delete the file. You will be downloading an updated version here in just a moment. So, when you see a window that asks if you really want to do this, choose "Yes."

14. Go to this page.

15. On the right-hand side of the page, you will see a box called "Info Box." Look for the line in it that says "Main Package (Version 2):" That's actually incorrect, since you will get version 3, but never mind. Left click the line that says "Gibberlings Three"

16. Once you left-click the line that says "Gibberlings Three" you will see a new window appear that asks you whehter you want to "Run" the download, "Save" the download, or "Cancel" the download. Choose "Save" the download.

17. Once you choose "Save" the download, you will be asked to choose your download location. The window will be titled "Save As" and you will have to navigate to the directory were you want to install the game.

18. On the left side of the window, you will see a panel with "Favorites" at the top. One of the lines under it will be "More >>". Left-click on that once.

19. After you left-click on "More >>" once, you will see a menu. The second line is Computer. Left-click on "Computer" once.

20. The text inside the window will change and you will see a directory just like you did when you were looking for the flirt pack directory.

21. When you see the menu, left-click on "Hard Disk: C:" twice, left-click on "Program Files" twice, left-click on "Atari" twice, left-click on "Neverwinter Nights 2" twice, and finally left-click on "override" twice.

22. After you have left-clicked on "override" twice, left-click on the "Save" button on the lower right side of the window.

23. The download will begin. The file is very large and it will take some time.

24. Once the download is done, go back to the directory that says "override." It should still be open, since I never told you to close it. You should see a new file there, an archive entitled "fp-v3.zip." Right-click on that once.

25. Once you right-click on that once, you will see a menu appear. Choose the "Extract Here" option.

26. Once the extraction is complete, you will see a new folder appear, "fp-v3." Close the "override" directory. You are all done. The updated version of the NWN2 Romance Pack is now installed. This version removes the duplicated file for you, as well as fixing several other bugs in the mod.

Don't be afraid to post again if any part of these directions gives you trouble. Dealing with Vista can be tricky.

Guest Astereal

I'm not offended at all I'm still convinced one day I will find the self destruct button on my computer :suspect: Also I really appreciate you taking the time to write out instructions like that I did fine up until step 7 when I opened the override folder the one that started with FP wasnt there I tried looking through the folders that were there and there wasnt anything that started with FP at all

Archived