4 replies to this topic

#1 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modders
  • 1057 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:08 AM

I'm trying to implement this kit:

Spoiler

Aura of Good was easy ([Target Caster] Cast Spell on Condition [Self] -> Target in 'Special' range -> Anyone -> spell that runs Detect Alignment effect with permanent timing - not repeated thanks to Protection from spell opcode)

What I have problem with are constant passive auras that would automatically affect party members in 10 feet range (Aura of Courage and Aura of Resolve). Whatever I try I can't get these passive bonuses to work on them. I've checked Kit Revisions mod that claims to have working auras for Paladin but from what I tested auras don't work at all in that mod (only player1 is affected rather than allies). Hints how to implement it (especially when it comes to targeting and correct opcodes) would be appreciated since I don't have much experience with custom spells. Link to a mod that successfully implemented passive auras would be sufficient too (done without Bard songs since this is Paladin kit).

Edited by K4thos, 30 July 2017 - 01:28 AM.

#2 Ardanis

Ardanis

A very GAR character

• Modders
  • 2557 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:52 AM

Item Revisions have some items like that... Also bg2ee has got OHNHAMM1.ITM and OHNSHLD1.ITM with aura effects.

"Uguu~ Boku Ayu."

Before you start breaking wall tiles with your bare fists, ask yourself first - do you truly need it?

#3 khelban12

khelban12
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:58 AM

Refinements (here is the newer ee-compatible version in case it has better implementation) have a "Holy Aura" for Paladins with the following description.

High-level Paladins can emit a powerful aura of goodness and purity. All party members and allies standing in a 10' radius area around them will gain a +2 bonus to AC and saves versus Evil aligned creatures. These effects are permanent as long as those protected by the paladin's aura stay close to him. Any creatures leaving the aura's area of effect will lose these protections in half a round. Bonuses from multiple auras are not cumulative.

I don't know if it is what you want but maybe it can help you.

#4 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modders
  • 1057 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:06 AM

Thanks, OHNSHLD1.ITM global effect worked right away as GA_ kit ability. It also affects Player1 but it's not a big deal. Glad I asked instead of wasting another hour on this :) I will also take a look at Refinements implementation.

Edited by K4thos, 30 July 2017 - 02:14 AM.

#5 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2177 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:02 AM

Note, OHNSHLD1 only works on the EEs because it uses opcode 321.

I've used auras in about 6 different ways and have been refining how they work. The best, most recent way I've done it is to apply a spell on self with opcode 177, set the .eff to opcode 232 with condition = hp < 'special' %, and 'special' set to 102. The spell cast by this .eff will have your targeting - range, projectile, friends vs. enemies, etc. its first effect will be a 321 canceling itself, and then all of its other effects will last for 7 seconds. If you want to filter by alignment use 177 in this spell for the effects.

Alternatively, give this target spell permanent timing and run your filter through 326 to cast a secondary spell. And have the s condary spell start with 321 canceling itself and then going on to a bunch of 7-second effects.

EDIT - and in case you're having issues with range, try using the INAREAPA.PRO projectile with the targeting spell. And maybe upping the duration from 7 seconds to 9 seconds, since I think that projectile is non-instantaneous.

Edited by subtledoctor, 30 July 2017 - 05:14 AM.

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users