Keeping Yoshimo [Alpha] v0.67 [BUGS]

Icendoan

Try with this to make 'standard' yoshimo not die in whatever area he usually dies. Not even tested if it installs, much less if it works :)

COPY_EXISTING bgmain.exe bgmain.exe
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_SENSITIVE ~YOSHIMO~ ~	   ~ // make sure that they're exactly the same number of characters

In a nut shell the mod

* allows players to keep Yoshimo for the entire saga

* adds dialogue re:Yoshi's betrayal of the PC (his spying b/c Irenicus' Geas)

* adds an entirely new sublot for Yoshi with dialgoues and an encounter

* adds a Tree of Life dialogue for Yoshi

This is what we have so far for the Alpha. And to be added in the next phase of development:

* a quest in ToB

* further dialogue re: issues of loyalty and character that arise both from Yoshi's involvement with Irenicus and the subplot referenced above

* NPC interjections re: new content

* ToB epilogue for Yoshi

optional:

* a fun little dialogue in Brynnlaw to drop a NPC without stranding them (for those who take a party of 6 to Spellhold, it's always been awkward RP to drop a NPC who then is in effect stranded on the island; this feature addresses that)

I think for most players just being able to keep Yoshi for the entire saga is going to make this a pretty popular mod, all by itself. It really is fun to have him along for the whole ride. And hopefully the new content will satisfy as well.

In a nut shell the mod

* allows players to keep Yoshimo for the entire saga

* adds dialogue re:Yoshi's betrayal of the PC (spying b/c Irenicus' Geas)

* adds an entirely new sublot for Yoshi with dialgoues and an encounter

This is what we have so far for the Alpha. And to be added in the next phase of development:

* a quest in ToB

* further dialogue re: issues of loyalty and character that arise both from Yoshi's involvement with Irenicus and the subplot referenced above

* NPC interjections re: new content

* ToB epilogue for Yoshi

optional:

* a fun little dialogue in Brynnlaw to drop a NPC without stranding them (for those who take a party of 6 to Spellhold, it's always been awkward RP to drop a NPC who then is in effect stranded on the island; this feature addresses that)

I think for most players just being able to keep Yoshi for the entire saga is going to make this a pretty popular mod, all by itself. It really is fun to have him along for the whole ride. And hopefully the new content will satisfy as well.

Half of that is for v0.2, and the encounter and option to drop a player have been semi-finished but not yet implemented.

Icen

Is there any chance that this could be made to work with Level One NPCs (I'm sure Nythrun would allow for it once she returns)? I know that Imoen has multiple cres and she works okay with Level One NPCs (the multiple cres thing just means that you have to level her up, pick her profs etc both at the start of the game and in Spellhold), so I'm hopeful that the same can be done for new Yoshi.

If, for example, I used Level One NPCs to give Yoshi Katana and Scimitar proficiencies, would your new Yoshi then have these?

Uhm, yes, if it were installed AFTER lv1 NPCs, as it literally generates a copy of your Yoshi7.cre and gives it a new dv, scripts, dialogue and exp.

However, he will be level 15, at least till I fix this, when you pick him up.

I try to make it as compatible as possible. The only real hitch will be if something crucial to the mod happens with Yoshimo in Spellhold and the mod's plot will revolve around that spot, and as far as I know there are no crucial romance LTs that happen when Yoshi betrays you, so it should be pretty seamless.

Icen

Archived