Guest Posting Disabled Temporarily

theacefes

Due to a recent flood of spam, we have temporarily disabled guest posting until the problem can be dealt with efficiently. Apologies if this inconveniences anyone; if you would like to participate in any of the threads, take a few minutes and register.

Thanks!

-Ace

Guest posting will be temporarily disabled for the remainder of today and possibly tomorrow in order to do some clean up throughout the forums.
I wouldn't have anything to complain about even if it would be permanent... as the quest posts have the habit of being full of blah without substance... of course you can make an area that would be for the guests, but it might be just a lot of hassle blah without substance...
Guest posting will be temporarily disabled for the remainder of today and possibly tomorrow in order to do some clean up throughout the forums.
I wouldn't have anything to complain about even if it would be permanent... as the quest posts have the habit of being full of blah without substance... of course you can make an area that would be for the guests, but it might be just a lot of hassle blah without substance...

The advantage of disabling guest posting is that it does cut down on the spam. The disadvantage, and it's a huge disadvantage, IMO, is that it will prevent a lot of visitors from posting legitimate questions about mods. Many people will not want to register for a forum account just so they can ask "What does this feature do?" or "When is the quest giver supposed to show up?"

The advantage of disabling guest posting is that it does cut down on the spam. The disadvantage, and it's a huge disadvantage, IMO, is that it will prevent a lot of visitors from posting legitimate questions about mods. Many people will not want to register for a forum account just so they can ask "What does this feature do?" or "When is the quest giver supposed to show up?"

If they have a meaningful question then they can take a few moments to sign up. Its not that hard. I've always been against guest posting.

Archived