BG1 equippable items: what we need...

Salk

I have just finished BG1 (as part of a BGT game) with the latest IR (among many other mods) and I can definitely say that we need new belts and new boots.

I reached the end of the game with 2 party members not having belts or boots and that's quite frankly inexcusable. IR can remedy this by creating new items that can make up for this deficiency,

Time to add some BGT-weidu quest mods ?

Anyways, I don't know about boots... but belts yes. There aren't any tool belts(thief skill bonus, for 200-2000 Gold bucks at a store for a few skill points), weapon sheath that give special use per day ability etc small and low level enhancements that are at the same level as the +3 to AC against blunt weapons etc.... not a +10 items that will destroy everything.

subtledoctor,

it's not a matter of covering a character with magical paraphernalia from head to toe. It's a matter of finding ludicrous that by the end of BG there are still empty slots on my characters because there are not enough items of that kind to wear.

So yes, I believe it'd IR's job to remedy that.

Also, Aurora's Shoes and Boots is a BG2 mod.

What would installing it help the low number of boots in BG? I stand corrected. It adds one NPC that you can find in Nashkel it seems and that might sell you items (I don't know because I haven't installed the main component of the mod but only the fixes).

kreso,

I think there is a serious lack of boots as well in BG1. The fact that there are 5 (!) in total when you have 6 party members doesn't seem sufficient. Heck, not 6 would seems sufficient to me since you can still miss getting some and some variation and choice is still nice.

We have plenty of rings and amulets, a good number of helmets and armors... but belts and boots are too few.

And by the way, I would welcome also one magic katana and club... :)

Aurora adds two craft/vendor NPCs, (one in Nashkel and one at some inn in Baldur's Gate) as well as some random boots here and there.

Rogue Rebalancing adds some (rogue-ish) belts.

BG1NPC adds two magical clubs, both quite overpowered.

Aurora adds two craft/vendor NPCs, (one in Nashkel and one at some inn in Baldur's Gate) as well as some random boots here and there.

Rogue Rebalancing adds some (rogue-ish) belts.

BG1NPC adds two magical clubs, both quite overpowered.

I do have a problem with BG1NPC (perhaps more than one, but the presence of overpowered items is one of them) so it's not part of my installation and it'd be strange to install IR that tries hard to rebalance the items' power and at the same time install a mod that works against that balance.

RR is another popular mod but it only adds rogue class items (I think).

Ultimately, I don't think my suggestion can be discarded only because there are other mods that add new items anyway. I do know there are many out there but, again, the risk is just to waste all the effort done by IR to have a number of items that are neither over- or underpowered.

I do have a problem with BG1NPC (perhaps more than one, but the presence of overpowered items is one of them) so it's not part of my installation and it'd be strange to install IR that tries hard to rebalance the items' power and at the same time install a mod that works against that balance.

So I guess you lack the willpower to self reculate items... here some Heroin, go have at it. :devlook:

This is why the bag of holding should have a deep buttom.

Short story: I already had in mind to do "something" about belts and boots. I just don't think anything about it will make it for the next buil which I absolutely want to release within 2-3 days.

Long story: there's a few unused itm files (e.g. belt01, boot09, etc.) which can easily be tweaked; the Worn Out Boots (boot06 - used for some reason on Reynald de Chatillon) could be slightly tweaked and used within BG1 as well; I'd love to make Belt of Gender somewhat "usable" as I did with all other cursed items; we can tweak EE's Belt of Uselessness Antipode to be at least a bit appealing; etc.

Worn out boots... have you Demi played the BG1 game yet (in a non-Tutu enviroment)? Have you done the quest in guestion ?

Have you though about what it will do to the player that wants to get ridd of the spider body and the ... to finnish the quest and still keep those boots if you replace the item ?

Long story: there's a few unused itm files (e.g. belt01, boot09, etc.) which can easily be tweaked;

And there's like 30 rings that have no special abilities... except their worth in gold, but I would here interject my own rambilng about this lenghty topic and say that no hones mod maker will ever replace those items with anything, so why are you doing that to different class items, but with a similar in function ? Can't you just make an item of your own ? Is it really that hard ?

Archived