Photo

Romantic Encounters Bug Thread

7 replies to this topic

#1 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6893 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:29 AM

In case you encounter bugs or spot typos or other oversights, please post here. Please specify which platform you are using (BGII, BGT, BGII:EE, EET) and which OS (Windows, Linux, OSX).

NOTE: This is for the BGII Romantic Encounters mod. The BG1 RE mod forum is here.

Edited by jastey, 21 August 2017 - 01:13 AM.

#2 Hiruler

Hiruler
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:17 AM

After installing Romantic Encounters for BG1:EE on Steam for WIndows the application won't start. It seems to try to launch, but then gives up. To see if it had anything to do with compatibility with other mods I uninstalled the game, deleted all the files, and the reinstalled both the game and the mod. After I delete the mods data the game starts up just fine. Other mods from G3 work phenomenally. 

#3 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6893 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:23 AM

Did you run modmerge before installing any mods?

#4 StefanO

StefanO
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:06 AM

After installing Romantic Encounters for BG1:EE on Steam for WIndows the application won't start. It seems to try to launch, but then gives up. To see if it had anything to do with compatibility with other mods I uninstalled the game, deleted all the files, and the reinstalled both the game and the mod. After I delete the mods data the game starts up just fine. Other mods from G3 work phenomenally. 

I had the same problem von OSX (BG1EE latest version, RE v2, Mac OS latest version). All but one ("Bartus Seduction") episodes are okay.

BG1EE is unmodded otherwise. I Installed one episode after the other and launched BG1EE everytime. After installing "Bartus Seduction" the bg1ee process hang and had to be killed by hand.

Sorry, wrong bugthread.

Edited by StefanO, 19 June 2017 - 06:41 AM.

#5 niome13665

niome13665
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:09 PM

I install the mods (some don't work but that's just my laptop and I'm okay with it), and I try to do one and nearly all the dialogue is complete gibberish!

Example; I make a new character to test and do Hull's quest, afterward he gives me 20 gold and then says "That sounds a fair price" which is kinda weird, then he says "I'm only teasing, Neera, here you are" or something along those lines...Neera is not m/c's name. After that, the conversation has to do with a potion and beet juice or something? It made no sense whatsoever!

Is there any way to fix this? I uninstalled it 'cause it's kinda freaking me out. :(

I'm playing on BG: EE on Steam, OS is windows.

Edited by niome13665, 20 August 2017 - 10:15 PM.

#6 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6893 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:09 AM

niome13665: sorry for quoting myself, but

Did you run modmerge before installing any mods?

Other possibility: Are you using an old save from a different install for your current game?

EDIT: Do you mean not all components installed? Would you please post the content of the setup-bg1re.DEBUG here?

EDIT2: I put a note into the first post to make it clear this thread is for the BGII mod. I guess it's hard to tell if one is not aware there is two.

Edited by jastey, 21 August 2017 - 01:18 AM.

#7 niome13665

niome13665
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:15 PM

So, I'm an idiot who can't work mods very well... -_-

I couldn't figure out when to run the modmerger before... I uninstalled all my mods, ran it and reinstalled RE and another pack, everything is running fine now, thank you so much for your help!

#8 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6893 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:12 PM

No worries. I'm glad you asked and enjoy the mod!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users