Mac .command file won't run

Guest marbre

Guest marbre

I downloaded the mac install rar file. after extracting, I placed the files in the BGII folder. Double clicking on the .command file gives the following error: "The .command file '/BGII - SoA/setup-song_and_silence.command' could not open. Most likely it is not executable." Anyone know how to fix this?

Guest Guest
I downloaded the mac install rar file. after extracting, I placed the files in the BGII folder. Double clicking on the .command file gives the following error: "The .command file '/BGII - SoA/setup-song_and_silence.command' could not open.  Most likely it is not executable." Anyone know how to fix this?

Found the problem. In a terminal window needed to issue the following:

chmod +x setup-song_and_silence

chmod +x setup-song_and_silence.command

Guest marbre
http://linuz.sns.it/~v.bigiani/files/OSX-S...lence-fixed.rar . I didn't test this archive, but it should work. I don't know if passing through a Winows machine would clear the -x setting, though - I'll run some half-assed test.

Could it be that the compression software doesn't store the -x setting? Or something with the mac os file structure? I don't know. I did try two different extraction programs and got the same result.

Guest marbre

I tried your fixed files and now get the follwing

[sETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 228 column 26-44

Near Text: STRING_COMPARE_CASE

syntax error

I didn't get this message before. It spits this line out several times before it exits.

Guest Guest

I started BGII and it looks like the mods installed okay. Still, I would like to know why those error messages occured. Anyone have a clue?

Guest Guest

I got another one for you. The sox file inside the sounds-and-silence folder needs to be an executable. Otherwise you get the following errors:

Converting A!RA01.ogg

song_and_silence/audio-install.sh: line 7: song_and_silence/sox: Permission denied

Converting A!RA02.ogg

song_and_silence/audio-install.sh: line 7: song_and_silence/sox: Permission denied

Converting A!RA03.ogg

Converting A!RA04.ogg

I still need help with the parse errors!

I tried your fixed files and now get the follwing

[sETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 228 column 26-44

Near Text: STRING_COMPARE_CASE

syntax error

I didn't get this message before. It spits this line out several times before it exits.

That's an issue with Tutufix, not this mod.

Just to check... You are installing Tutu and Tutufix BEFORE Song and Silence, right?

I got another one for you. The sox file inside the sounds-and-silence folder needs to be an executable. Otherwise you get the following errors:

Converting A!RA01.ogg

Converting A!RA02.ogg

Converting A!RA03.ogg

Converting A!RA04.ogg

Ouch, I forgot to chmod sox. I cannot update the archive, since sshd on that host seems to be down :)

I still need help with the parse errors!

Um, no clue. Did you update your weidu? Unfortunately, on Mac it doesn't autoupdate.

EDIT: Tutufix didn't give any parse errors with weidu 193, obviously.

@Andyr: he installed Tutufix before. The messages were spit out in the part of weidu that does "scan all tp2s, find out component names, and print them in the log".

The latest is 192, available from http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg.

For some reason, on Mac you have to manually overwrite all setup-mymod files (but not the .command ones) with a copy of the latest weidu. Some variant of

for a in `ls setup-* | grep -vi command | grep -vi tp2`; do cp `which WeiDU` $a; done

should do the trick. Remember to do this manually, as the version available from weidu.org is sligtly wrong.

Guest Guest
The latest is 192, available from http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg.

For some reason, on Mac you have to manually overwrite all setup-mymod files (but not the .command ones) with a copy of the latest weidu. Some variant of

for a in `ls setup-* | grep -vi command | grep -vi tp2`; do cp `which WeiDU` $a; done

should do the trick. Remember to do this manually, as the version available from weidu.org is sligtly wrong.

Two questions:

1. Do I need to uninstall v188 first?

2. Where do I run the code above? In the BGII directory?

Archived