Blonde Imoen

I've given this some thought, and there are two problems, really. First of all, there's too much hair. This is probably why I get the '80s vibes ("too much hair" is probably the best three-word descriptions of the '80s that anyone could come up with).

The second problem is that you're not using the default Imoen portrait as a base for this, you're using my "elf Imoen" portrait that I posted somewhere around here a while ago. That's why her head looks funny.

Allow me to demonstrate (please don't use any of my edits, they practically scream "smudge tool")

post-28-1086790833_thumb.jpg

Ok this is my new version (complete restart) of Blonde Immy. I quite like it. Last time I made the bad start of trying to cover up her old hair, whereas this time I used clone stamp and smudging to draw back the background over some of her hair.

post-28-1086811852_thumb.jpg

Great work, kids! :)

BUT (uhm.. sorry :D):

1- i liked the dress and the necklace... any chance of changing her clothes again? :D

2- the hair needs to create a shadow over her face/neck/clothing. Right now it looks rather plain. Shadow may give it more depth (Dave: Layers + Gaussian blur :D)

3- I specially like Cam's 2nd portrait. I like how the hair looks on her forehead and the length :O I also like the hair on the forehead in Dave's pic, but I'd personally like it to be longer? ;) but thats just me ;)

4- Id toy a little with the contrast of the hair, and probably use dodge/burn tool... :suspect:

The main problem I'm seeing with the long-haired one is that the hair looks pasted over her shoulders rather than actually interacting with it. It's too flat, whereas some should lie over/behind it. There's also a physical impossibility in that the inner edges of the hair actually move closer inwards below her jaw, rather than hanging freely.

There's also a physical impossibility in that the inner edges of the hair actually move closer inwards below her jaw, rather than hanging freely.

Hairspray.

Umm... prismatic hairspray, most likely.

Guest Michsmep
Well after making my Blonde Imoen portrait I decided to make a small mod that adds the portrait, but also changes her avatar to one with long, blonde hair.

Could someone please download and play with this, just to check it works. Thanks!

Edit:

She should have a new portrait, blonde hair on her avatar, and the avatar of a female, elven mage (so she has long hair...).

Updated to version 4: Modification to the portrait:

post-28-1086811746.jpg

CamDawg edit: The mod has been moved to the g3 downloads page; go nab it there.

How do I get the long haired Immy? Program won't give me an option?

Archived