On Identifiers

kreso

0x8014202D STATE_OUT_OF_ACTION
Feeblemind & Charmed & Helpless & Stunned & Sleeping & Blind & Confused & Panic

Does this state return true if a creature has either of these effects on themselves or it returns true only if they all affect the creature?

This won't be neccecary. Apperantly, SCS already uses APPEND:

APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x8010202D STATE_DISABLED~
UNLESS ~0x8010202D STATE_DISABLED~ /// includes Helpless, Stunned, Panic, Sleeping, Charmed, Feebleminded, Confused
This should work great I think...
IESDP has no info on DISABLED state however.

IESDP has no info on DISABLED state however.

Because it's a custom value. You look at the basic states you want to be checked and add values together. Say, you want to detect if target's movement rate has been affected by a spell:

0x00008000 STATE_HASTED
0x00010000 STATE_SLOWED
Which translates to:
OR(2)
StateCheck(Myself,STATE_HASTED)
StateCheck(Myself,STATE_SLOWED)

But you can't be bothered with that double OR(), so you go to state.ids, add together both states' values and give it a custom name:

0x00018000 KRESO_STATE_SPEED_CHANGE
And now you can simplify your script to:
StateCheck(Myself,KRESO_STATE_SPEED_CHANGE)

Which will work fine even if somebody already added the 0x00018000 value under different name.

One more question - does CHARM effect change Allegiance? I.e. is ENEMY turned into ALLY and viceversa if charmed?

Use GOODCUTOFF / EVILCUTOFF if you want to match both ALLY / ENEMY and corresponding charm.

Aha, so these custom states are nothing but several states' value sumed up. Great. This means I can make my own (with whatever I want) and APPEND it to .ids table! Fantastic, thanks.

One more question - does CHARM effect change Allegiance? I.e. is ENEMY turned into ALLY and viceversa if charmed?

Use GOODCUTOFF / EVILCUTOFF if you want to match both ALLY / ENEMY and corresponding charm.

I'm not sure I understand.

Here's an example:

StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_CHARMED)
Allegiance(LastSeenBy(Myself),ENEMY)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobalTimer("castspell","LOCALS",ONE_ROUND)
Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_REMOVE_CURSE) // SPPR307.SPL (Break Enchantment)

From your post above

Allegiance(LastSeenBy(Myself),ENEMY) should be changed?

Use
StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_CHARMED)
Allegiance(LastSeenBy(Myself),EVILCUTOFF)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobalTimer("castspell","LOCALS",ONE_ROUND)
Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_REMOVE_CURSE) // SPPR307.SPL (Break Enchantment)

Note that NearestEnemyOf() automatically return the script owner's relative enemy (EVILCUTOFF for allied, GOODCUTOFF for hostile).

I ran into an issue with this; and I wonder if it can be fixed. Now, the above works fine in combat and is very cute when you see it.

The problem is in what happens when a member of your party gets charmed (red-circled). Clerics will cast Break Enchantment on him, curing him of charm which is a *very* stupid thing to do. Is it possible to exclude casting this (or anything else like Heal) on charmed party members?

Archived