Following Linux Guide - BGEE path issue

I've been following the excellent guide corvias put together here:

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28516

Everything goes smoothly up until I actually attempt to install EET. Once I'm prompted for the path, I am stuck with the "Invalid directory, or incorrect BG:EE+SoD installation." error. I've made 100% sure I've got SoD installed and ran modmerge beforehand. My games work, and the path I'm specifying is valid:

/home/stew/Games/BG/modbox/bgee

I've looked over similar threads on the forum and seen common answers, like needing SoD installed. Is there something I can look at to see how the path is being verified, or even better, specify it someplace other than the prompt (it appears that this was an option in the past)?

I've got the Steam versions, latest patch, no mods installed. Using EET RC 11. Any help appreciated, for such an easy prompt, I am stuck here.

Thanks,

stew

I've looked over similar threads on the forum and seen common answers, like needing SoD installed. Is there something I can look at to see how the path is being verified, or even better, specify it someplace other than the prompt (it appears that this was an option in the past)?

installation code looks for the "movies/sodcin05.wbm" file inside the path you specified. Here is whole weidu code responsible for bgee path detection: https://github.com/K4thos/EET/blob/master/EET/lib/bgee_dir.tph
Dunno how to help you with this.
Edited by K4thos
Guest stewelement

Since I still have this particular thread bookmarked for when I get the itch to re-install BG : I read several long threads, but Argent77 ended up having the answer in one of the RC threads. On Linux, a limitation in Weidu causes the absolute paths to not work for the Bgee+SoD install. Relative paths do work, so in my case, "/home/stew/Games/BG/modbox/bgee" did not work but "../bgee" did. 

I get stuck with the very same issue.

I've been trying to use relative or full path, no luck, I only get a

Invalid directory, or incorrect BG:EE+SoD installation.
It is safe to abort this installation by closing this window or pressing Ctrl+C.

I installed the linux GOG version, I'm using a ciopfs folder after having changed all folder/files case to lowercase. I can install mods, but not EET.

Movie sodcin05.wbm is into movies folder.

I installed Argent77's DLCMerger mod to merge with SoD.

Has anyone ever been able to use EET mod on the linux version?

Edited by psyko_nevro