Icewind Gate 2 Now Playable

Ishad Nha

For those not in the know, Icewind Gate 2 runs the Baldur's Gate 2 game files on the Icewind Dale 2 game engine. The two games have broadly similar formats for their files. Here I will have another stab at Icewind Gate Delta. This is the Delta version of Icewind Gate by Nameless One, not the original version by Wes Weimer.

You need both games to play the Icewind Gate 2 mod.

Apparently the Delta version is much better than Weimer's original, I have gotten to Watchers Keep without any great use of the console or loss of party members. See my blog "Icewind Gate Delta: Third Edition Baldur's Gate 2" at the Bioware forum:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/182/index/7672165

I'm trying to run iwg2 in Linux using wine, but install it with native Linux tools.

Therefore I need to rebuild iwg2.exe (weimorph) from source. Could you tell which version of WeiDU sources was used to build iwg2.exe for Windows?

iwg2.exe states it is 'version 35, weidu 153', but WieDU-153 source contains iwg2 version 34 which I can't build neither for Windows nor for Linux.

No updates that I know of, I can't even locate Nameless One.

Install problems, anything to do with Windows 7 or Vista? I got it to install quite nicely on Windows XP.

Instructions may be for the Beta version, they would broadly apply to the Delta but there may be differences there.

No updates that I know of, I can't even locate Nameless One.

Install problems, anything to do with Windows 8, 7 or Vista? I got it to install quite nicely on Windows XP.

Common Windows problems in Infinity games... And the Windows XP might not be the same thing today if you keep it updated as the one you used to install the package with...

But that's a shame there is no updates... even if I hate the IwDII's 3ed butchery.

It depends what the IWG2 installation program is looking for.

It may be looking for a real or virtual CD drive. In pre-GOG versions of BG2/IWD2 you needed a certain disk in such a drive just to play the original game. I don't know about GOG.

The log for IWG2 may give you an idea of what problems occurred during installation.

Check your installation paths if you have not done so already.

Apart from that I don't know.

Archived