weird bug

2 replies to this topic

#1 petter

petter
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:40 AM

Hey,

been trying to figure this out for hours.. I have the GOG version of BG1 Original Saga and when I install the Widescreen Mod everything works BUT when I initiate dialogue with NPCs it pans the camera so that the NPC is in the top left corner which is super annoying. I figure it keeps the old parameters of what is the center of the screen as if the resolution is still the old one.

It also sets this always in the baldur.ini

Screen Position X=609
Screen Position Y=288

I tried changing it in the ini but it has no effect.

Thanks,

Edited by petter, 06 November 2018 - 12:41 AM.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6827 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:52 AM

Yeah, there unfortunately isn't much that can be done about this. The only fix is to use BG2 & BGT-weidu. As that uses the more advanced engine.

The .ini is written during the install and used immediately... so altering it after has no effect. As it's not externalized variable, but just a .debug out print.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#3 petter

petter
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:19 AM

alright, thanks for the super fast reply on this old game :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users